Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

whats with the greed ?

124»

Comments

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Thresh

Right now this board is overrun with hundreds of lowbies praising the lowbie gameplay per 1 experienced player. It really needs a month or so to mature to really have a logical discussion here. All I see is "Hay I'm leveling just fine and i got x thousant AD No problem bro!"

"It's worth noting that after you fuse 4 shards into a lesser enchantment, 4 of those fuse into a regular one, and 4 regulars fuse into a greater. All told, you need 21 coalescent wards to get a greater. That's looking at $210 for enough wards for 1 enchantment."

So getting the best items in the game either costs loads, and I mean LOADS, of real money.. or takes a ton of grinding AD i.e. playing the game.

As it should be really.

I mean yeh, that's an obvious P2W arguement what you've shown there but you know what... The difference between the easily obtainable gems and max levels gems is very minor. That's a LOT of money to spend on such a minor upgrade. If someone is willing to spend $200 on getting a max gem, I say let em... they deserve it if they are willing to waste that sort of money on something that will hardly make a difference.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • kikoodutroa8kikoodutroa8 Member RarePosts: 565

You guys totally go ape about nothing important.

Just like in every Cryptic game, you don't need the best gear to do high lvl content.

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395
    Originally posted by bambucha

so which part of 'it costs 1000 zen to use higher lvl enchants, per enchant' you dont understand? Or do you actually agree how we should just suck it up and pay $10 per enchant (now calculate how many enchants you need, someone else did it but they deleted that topic :P).

You are new to this F2P thing arent you?

I will end up with every single thing I want in this game without spending a dime by using what they have put in place against them and will do it out of spite of their massive greed with their shop prices.

Free game = an unlimited amount of accounts and they provided an easy way to get AD with next to no playing at all. I will let you figure the rest out if you can, if you cant, too damn bad for wanting everything so damn fast you couldnt stop to figure it out.

Originally posted by JasonJ

so which part of 'it costs 1000 zen to use higher lvl enchants, per enchant' you dont understand? Or do you actually agree how we should just suck it up and pay $10 per enchant (now calculate how many enchants you need, someone else did it but they deleted that topic :P).

I will end up with every single thing I want in this game without spending a dime by using what they have put in place against them and will do it out of spite of their massive greed with their shop prices.

Free game = an unlimited amount of accounts and they provided an easy way to get AD with next to no playing at all. I will let you figure the rest out if you can, if you cant, too damn bad for wanting everything so damn fast you couldnt stop to figure it out.

If you're talking about Invocation..

Yeh, it's an easy way to do it. But the time it takes logging in and out of characters every hour vs the amount of AD you get (which is pretty unpredictable) is nothing compared to the speed you can get them by farming good items and selling them on the AH.

Let's say it takes 1 minute per account (2 characters) and you get between 75 and 300 AD 'sometimes' when you invocate.. if we call that an average 150 every time (which is generous). That's 120 characters per hour getting 150 AD each time. That's only 18,000 per hour, could be a little more or could be a little less.

That is not a lot. Not to mention it's a pretty shit way to be spending your free time. Messing about putting items on the AH for your other accounts to buy so all the AD gets onto your main account.

At level 30 right now I'm finding items that sell for over 10,000 AD.. by level 60 we'll be finding items that sell for 50,000 on a regular basis.

..or, you might be taking about getting AD through leadership crafting. Yep, another easy way.. but it still won't compare to selling items, even when doing both that and invocation together.

• KaeriganKaerigan Member Posts: 689

Are you being serious right now? Are you actually saying the prices are reasonable because you can just make multiple accounts?

<childish, provocative and highly speculative banner about your favorite game goes here>

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

What's with the greed of F2P mooches, that seem to think they are entitled to have everything just given to them. It's so bad now that even when a game allows you all the content for free they complain about not getting what they want fast enough. Yep the new era of gamers in their greed have given rise to  the crapfest of pay to achieve faster games or pay to win games we are stuck with today.

patience is a virtue that seems to have been lost.

• BattlerockBattlerock Member CommonPosts: 1,393
    Originally posted by JeroKane

That's how F2P games work and why I always loathed them.They sucker you in with easy normal and comfortable gameplay like you used to with P2P games.Then after some levels you get hit with the WTF hammer and it's "Pay Up with real cash!" time.

The truth has been spoken. I agree completely.

I have sold out of pc gaming. I like to browse these forums though. Its stuff like rip off f2p that reassures me when I start thinking the grass is greener in the pc gaming world, that the grass is actually dead.
    Originally posted by Vannor

If you're talking about Invocation..

/snip

[mod edit]

I'm not trying to get decked, I'm in no rush.. nor am I trying to find exploits. Unless it's being gained through tradeskilling, it's gotta be an exploit. Exploits are not the ins and outs of the game and it won't last forever, even an oversight in the tradeskills will get changed. I bow down to your superior knowledge of the game sir, you must really know your stuff. Have fun cheating. I'll have fun playing.

• chaintmchaintm Member UncommonPosts: 953

Actually following this thread and this realted to other threads I read, when free to play is mentioned , there are certain items I can see that seem extreme (exclusives) to buy in game like the mount. But then they need to make money. As for the whole conversition issue, the only thing I can say about free to play and paying is.

"the only thing you are paying for is time"

and if you really think about it, I mean seriously just stop and think......

Yeah you got it.

So, the only reason to do anything mentioned in this thread and your hard earned cash is to save you time from playing a game that you don't see yourself playing in a few weeks or months. If you see yourself playing and enjoy it that much, there is no reason to buy it and this thread is nill. But I am guessing it's "I have been on more then that guy and he bought his way threw and now is better but I spend more time in game!" ego threat. Meh whatever, just keep grinding or go out get a job like that dick and you can be one too!

"The monster created isn't by the company that makes the game, it's by the fans that make it something it never was"

Originally posted by Thresh

Right now this board is overrun with hundreds of lowbies praising the lowbie gameplay per 1 experienced player. It really needs a month or so to mature to really have a logical discussion here. All I see is "Hay I'm leveling just fine and i got x thousant AD No problem bro!"

"It's worth noting that after you fuse 4 shards into a lesser enchantment, 4 of those fuse into a regular one, and 4 regulars fuse into a greater. All told, you need 21 coalescent wards to get a greater. That's looking at $210 for enough wards for 1 enchantment."

So I did some checking around..

And found out you can get Coalescent Wards (100% fuse chance) by spending Celestrial Synergy on Coffers of Wonderous Augmentation. You get Celestrial Synergy from Invocation at the rest areas.

So.. you can still get those max enchantments without spending any money and without grinding AD. Just takes a bit of time.

• mightyfcmightyfc Member Posts: 98

well thank god a few more seem to have opened their eyes to  this and not only the lvl 15 fanboys living in sweet denial

guess i was ahead of my time on this one :P

• kriminal66kriminal66 Member UncommonPosts: 82
    Im only level 23 and have had no problem with echantments i have a shit ton what i want to know is how bad is it in the later levels because i dont want to invest in it and i dont wanna get my ass kicked in pvp because of it. Plus i already gave them a few more players i know and i would have not done that if people are more powerful in pvp for spending money.
  • DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by Sagasaint
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

70K AD here and i just simply play the game and don't have to go out of my way to farm AD. I make sure i get 24K AD a day. (daily limit)

Making AD is very easy in this game so no complaints from my side.

good job

410k more and you can buy a simple bag

yes, a bag. something that in 99,999999% MMOs out there is absolutly meaningless and worthless.

then u can start working on the other 3 bags, plus bank spaces, plus respecs...and after that, wards to enchant max level item,  the good companions, and the fast mount

on the bright side, in 50 years, when you are farming for the last items,  you'll probably have grandchildren to help you so it'll go faster

50 years? Blowing things out of proportions are we? but hey what would be mmorpg.com without hyperbole and exaggeration.

AH does not come under the daily limit of AD and once things settle down a  bit it is going to be good source of AD. Oh and roll an alt and you can double your AD's per day.

Problem with people like you is that they want everything now and fast. But that is how this generation is, even toasters are slower now days.

Originally posted by mightyfc

well thank god a few more seem to have opened their eyes to  this and not only the lvl 15 fanboys living in sweet denial

guess i was ahead of my time on this one :P

When you run out of valid points make sure to throw the word 'fanboys' around. That always works in bringing forth mature arguments. 

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

holy shit just reached 30 and just the costs from removing /attaching gemsso far is bringing me on my knees

its like 3-4k  Ad to remove a rank 1 gem, and you can get 10k ad per day... had a r3 gem that costed me 9k!! to remove when i switched gear, 1 day for 1 gem... what ? ive already used up almost 650k ad (now take that and divide by 10k per day) on various shit

and no fuckin ad from quests yet just gold wich is of little to no use , just a few pots and shit, some worthless gear that ull find better before you can use anyhow

if you dont buy your AD that is

epic fail imminent

1) Its based on the item level, not the gem.

2) Unless its an amazing end game gem, why bother removing it? Tier 3 is common as you level up.  

3) End game activities give more AD. You really dont need to spend any AD at all until you get to 60 (I havent spent any yet and my main is level 50).

4) You also get a lot of AD from leveling your Leadership tradeskill.

• MrG8MrG8 Member UncommonPosts: 111

Yes they really should add AD on quests!

Originally posted by Sagasaint

good job

410k more and you can buy a simple bag

yes, a bag. something that in 99,999999% MMOs out there is absolutly meaningless and worthless.

You get enough bags from doing the questlines. Having more space is just a convenience so you dont have to run to a vendor as often.

• OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874
    I think a bigger concern of greed in the game is that players keep hitting need on unidentified items, even if its not for their class. 
  • OtakunOtakun Member UncommonPosts: 874
    Originally posted by MrG8

Yes they really should add AD on quests!

You can get AD easily by doing skirmishes which are much faster. 

Originally posted by Otakun
    I think a bigger concern of greed in the game is that players keep hitting need on unidentified items, even if its not for their class. 

Yeah they should block need rolls on things you cant use. Although the unidentified stuff is quite annoying. Its hard to judge whether you actually need it. I feel bad when I roll need and identify it, only to find something worse than what I have on.

Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by Otakun

Yeah they should block need rolls on things you cant use. Although the unidentified stuff is quite annoying. Its hard to judge whether you actually need it. I feel bad when I roll need and identify it, only to find something worse than what I have on.

Companions use some class items though...

But I suppose that sparks debating whether or not people should roll need for thier companions.

• Paulolino34Paulolino34 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    There are various courses of action you can take to avoid such situations, Enhancements are not that "Good" while leveling, well at least i'm level 48 right now and didn't use a single one and i'm doing just fine. Guess IMO that you are wasting alot of AD
  • jesteralwaysjesteralways Member RarePosts: 2,560

holy shit just reached 30 and just the costs from removing /attaching gemsso far is bringing me on my knees

its like 3-4k  Ad to remove a rank 1 gem, and you can get 10k ad per day... had a r3 gem that costed me 9k!! to remove when i switched gear, 1 day for 1 gem... what ? ive already used up almost 650k ad (now take that and divide by 10k per day) on various shit

and no fuckin ad from quests yet just gold wich is of little to no use , just a few pots and shit, some worthless gear that ull find better before you can use anyhow

if you dont buy your AD that is

epic fail imminent

Welcome to PWE mmo mate. enjoy your stay until it gets soured by constant point at cash shop. ohh wait you have already hit that point, then congratulations, you have passed the best part of PWE and now you have to face the worst if you so desire to slave yourself to grind AD or you can leave with your dignity. your choice mate.

Boobs are LIFE, Boobs are LOVE, Boobs are JUSTICE, Boobs are mankind's HOPES and DREAMS. People who complain about boobs have lost their humanity.