Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Camelot Unchained Listed, EQNext Not?

MightyUncleanMightyUnclean st. pete, FLPosts: 706Member Uncommon

Just curious:  Why is there a listing on this site for Camelot Unchained, but not EQNext?  Isn't EQNext much further along in development?  Did SOE request that it not be listed yet?

Thanks!

Comments

• kadepsysonkadepsyson sun prairie, WIPosts: 1,937Member
  • MightyUncleanMightyUnclean st. pete, FLPosts: 706Member Uncommon

Oh that helps, thank you!  A little buried, but some place to discuss the game.

• ozmonoozmono Not tellingPosts: 1,211Member
    Considering how little is known about it I think it's lucky to even have what it does. That said it has my interest so I'm glad it has what it does.
  • FearumFearum Cinnaminson, NJPosts: 1,166Member Uncommon
    What is there to discuss? I would guess its going to be a f2p game from what sony has been saying about how great f2p is and all their games will be f2p now, and it will be a sandbox type game, the greatest of all time according to smedley and the pony tail dude that was at pax east.
  • ShakyMoShakyMo BradfordPosts: 7,207Member
    Well eqn might be further in development, but there's more to develop.
  • AreWeLiveAreWeLive Brockville, ONPosts: 115Member Uncommon

eqnext is in its beginning stages, it is not even close to an alpha.

My understanding is they scrapped the whole thing a little while ago because it was just the same old stuff everyone else has done and they are starting over...there is little to see or talk about atm.

• shenfreyshenfrey LeicesterPosts: 97Member
    Originally posted by AreWeLive

My understanding is they scrapped the whole thing a little while ago because it was just the same old stuff everyone else has done and they are starting over...there is little to see or talk about atm.

I could of sworn I read somewhere that SoE was planning for a 2013 release, though I may be getting confused with the word release; as it could mean release information! 

• AreWeLiveAreWeLive Brockville, ONPosts: 115Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by shenfrey

I could of sworn I read somewhere that SoE was planning for a 2013 release, though I may be getting confused with the word release; as it could mean release information! 

Last thing i saw about EQN   http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/view/videos/gameID/9/videoId/3009 was in the video.

• HedeonHedeon GraestedPosts: 954Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by shenfrey

Last thing i saw about EQN   http://www.mmorpg.com/gamelist.cfm/view/videos/gameID/9/videoId/3009 was in the video.

Smedley have HINTED at a 2013 release of EQnext, and I would be quite certain that they are further ahead than an alpha stage - SOE only show their games shortly before they release them, they have done this with both DCUO and PS2, both were shown at thair fan faire and released within  5 months.

also their statement about starting over, werent about scrapping everything, "only" gamedesign philosophy,

• asdarasdar Tequesta, FLPosts: 662Member Uncommon

August 1st is the announcement date. Anything before that is rumors and hints.

Here's what I think I know.

1. Sandbox - Smedley gave indications that it would be very sandy
    2. Storybricks is joining the development team, which is another sandbox plus. Storybricks is a company that works on AI type characters. Big into facial movement and the like along with understanding conversations and giving correct replies.
    3. Large, with lots of destructable things, like forrests being burned and such.
    4. Same engine as Planetside 2, which is a pretty cool looking world with lots of players in the same areas.

I think Camelot got listed because they asked to be listed, or press released that the game was in development. EQ Next hasn't done either officially, but hopefully they will Aug 1st.

Asdar

• XthosXthos Columbus, OHPosts: 2,628Member

About 100x more is known about CU, then EQNext, SoE does not want to give anyone a heads up on what they are doing, till they are far enough along that they think they can beat anyone that may try to copy cat them to release.

Smedley said that the August 1-3 Sony event was going to be the reveal, and from the way he said it, it would be in a playable state, not just a demo....What actually happens...We will have to wait a little less than 3 months to find out.

I am very excited to see what they come up with, I have seen sandbox, old EQ feel, and other terms thrown around, which I like.