Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Poll: CU Fan Age?

Comments

• eye_meye_m Notta Chance, ABPosts: 3,133Member Uncommon
    I voted 0 because I'm not a fan of CU but still wanted to see the results

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

• TumblebutzTumblebutz Henderson, NVPosts: 322Member
    Originally posted by Edany
    I'm thankful that all of you bitter old bastards in here make me feel young again at 37. :p

It's not about how old you are NOW.  It's about how old you will be when the game goes LIVE!

I am proud to be part of the 40+ crowd... interesting that, right now, it's the most highly represented on the poll. 

...and it seems I opened my "The Eldritch Wizardry" just yesterday.

Emeryc Eightdrakes - Ranger of DragonMyst Keep - Percival

RED IS DEAD!

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Granby, QCPosts: 470Member
    Originally posted by Edany
    I'm thankful that all of you bitter old bastards in here make me feel young again at 37. :p

Hey now ! Be nice. I was just starting to appreciate you :D

i wasnt that mean at your age.... DOH !....  i AM old lol 

quick ! i gotta think of something....

(sorry! its getting longer to think at my a....)

Got it !

Everyone who enjoys mmorpgs are still young at heart !

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• birdycephonbirdycephon Salt Lake City, UTPosts: 1,314Member
    Its a kickstarter game, most people will be old enough to have jobs, hence 26+
  • CrashrollCrashroll TurkuPosts: 60Member
    Could have added "Dead before CU release" after 40+. ^^

Not tonight dear...I have a haddock!

• CaledoreCaledore Baltimore, MDPosts: 8Member
    26-30 range, though when it's comes out, I'm likely to be in the next tier. 
  • DocmanduDocmandu AntwerpPosts: 60Member Common
    The akdave option is missing in this poll. (not that I'd need that one)
  • SmoeySmoey CambridgePosts: 572Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by ArcherBullseye
    I just got into that 26-30 range.. thanks for making me feel old. lol

Me too ! :(

(\ /) ?
    ( . .)
    c('')('')

• BukkerzBukkerz ShropshirePosts: 139Member
    ...26 ..... percent range ..... 42 .....43 .....soon ..... 45 or 46 when it comes out .... holy s**t
  • grvmpybeargrvmpybear Jacksonville, FLPosts: 90Member
    Can't vote from mobile, but I'm 22. DAoC was my first MMO.

Currently playing: GW2 (Maguuma), DAoC (Uthgard), & Aion
    Waiting For / Watching: TUG, CU, Black Desert, Archeage,Wildstar, and ESO.

• WolvanWolvan New Lenox, ILPosts: 49Member
    Originally posted by grvmpybear

Sheeesh...you were barely out of diapers when DAOC came out! ;)

I put myself in the over 40 group as I turn 40 in...29 days.  NOOOooooooooo.........

Course...I have a 2 year old son (my future gold farmer) and we are talking about a 2nd (wife 4 years younger).  So in 2 years when CU comes out...my then 4 year old is going to have to play with the 2 year old so I can play CU! heh.

DAOC was technically my 3rd "real" mmo, but the first one that made it more then a year (6+ years)

40+ in da house!  (Because we generally don't like to leave the house... ever.)

Seriously, I think this is a very interesting breakdown, especially considering the <20 crowd is so small.  I watch my own kids play on the iPad and iPhones, but they have little interest in the consoles or computer games.  This is a fascinating cultural trend.

RED IS DEAD!

• SeariasSearias Edmonton, ABPosts: 712Member Uncommon
    I just turned  29 couple of months ago, man getting close to the big 30 mark :( lol.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• nennafirnennafir Greater New Orleans Metro Area, LAPosts: 283Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Muke
    Originally posted by Tierless

Just curious, I was thinking most of us are old school bitter MMO vets.

I am so old and bitter, I can not even stand to be on comms with teens anymore....

I am in the 40+ group and also can't stand listening to people talk on coms.  It is one of the reasons I can't play Xbox Live any more--I always think:  "Just f***ing shut up everyone..."  It is maybe less efficient typing but it makes me feel so much better.

• AcidonAcidon Salem, ORPosts: 797Member
    Originally posted by nennafir

I am so old and bitter, I can not even stand to be on comms with teens anymore....

I am in the 40+ group and also can't stand listening to people talk on coms.  It is one of the reasons I can't play Xbox Live any more--I always think:  "Just f***ing shut up everyone..."  It is maybe less efficient typing but it makes me feel so much better.

I think (hope?) there are a lot of us out there that feel this way. 

I know I'm not an actual fan of CU, but I wanted to see the results so I selected my age group.  To think this may be the last poll that I'm not lumped in the "and up" group is a bit of a downer, but that's cool.  I got into MMOs with EQ and I was in my 20's then.

For some reason this had me remembering how frustrated I would get with people sometimes.  I'm happy that's all in the past.  Nothing has shocked me or garnered an angry response in a long time now.

At least we start with a higher wisdom than others these days. ;-)

Best of luck to the lot of you with CU.  I hope it shapes up to be what you are looking for!

Playing: H1Z1, The Crew, Defiance, APB:Reloaded
    Mourning: World of Darkness, Vanguard, City of Heroes

My Humble MMO Blog:
    http://mmogasm.blogspot.com

Free, Clean & Safe Quality of Life Software:
    http://www.acidonsolutions.com

• ArcherBullseyeArcherBullseye Ellwood City, PAPosts: 77Member
    Originally posted by Lawtoween
    Originally posted by meddyck
    Man, you couldn't have added a few more older options so I wasn't forced to vote for the geezer one? image

Painful, wasn't it?  I'm used to being one of the more "mature" players of the games I play, but I don't really think of myself in the terminal age group.  I just made this one, though.

Plus, when I was playing WoW with Archer (and he was just getting out of diapers) there were two members of our guild much older than me, so even though I was playing also with my son (not Arch), I didn't feel that old (8 years ago).  By the time this game launches my son won't even be in the youngest age group. 

Now I'm depressed.  Thank God I didn't read this thread until the kickstarter crossed $1,780,000 or I'd be even more depressed.

Ya ya ya..  I pretty much was.  And now I have a kid on the way..  So I think we can both 'feel old' in our own right.  :-)

• grvmpybeargrvmpybear Jacksonville, FLPosts: 90Member
    Originally posted by Wolvan

Sheeesh...you were barely out of diapers when DAOC came out! ;)

I put myself in the over 40 group as I turn 40 in...29 days.  NOOOooooooooo.........

Course...I have a 2 year old son (my future gold farmer) and we are talking about a 2nd (wife 4 years younger).  So in 2 years when CU comes out...my then 4 year old is going to have to play with the 2 year old so I can play CU! heh.

DAOC was technically my 3rd "real" mmo, but the first one that made it more then a year (6+ years)

I know, and I'm sure it showed in my gameplay :) I started in early 2003, and try to play my warden like a hero. xD I would've been... what... 11?

My grandma bought me the game as a birthday present (I was super into medieval stuff) without knowing it was subscription based, or even what an mmo was. I remember my mom took me to see Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers that same day, and I read the box and the booklet the whole way there. I remember watching the movie and thinking, "Wow! I can be whoever I want in this game! I could be LEGOLAS!" On the way home, I found the section about need to pay to play. I was devastated, so she agreed to pay the $15/month and did so for 2 or 3 mmo-addiction filled years haha.

Nothing can come close to the way I felt when I played DAoC. I was so young and it was all so new to me. I guess I'm hoping CU can bring back a few of those fuzzy feelings.

Currently playing: GW2 (Maguuma), DAoC (Uthgard), & Aion
    Waiting For / Watching: TUG, CU, Black Desert, Archeage,Wildstar, and ESO.

• professornomosprofessornomos Mankato, MNPosts: 67Member
    Originally posted by nennafir

There's good commo discipline and then there's Xbox live players.   The two never meet.

TS is hand down the most effecient way to do group pvp.

• TigsKCTigsKC Kansas City, MOPosts: 145Member Uncommon
    Nothing can come close to the way I felt when I played DAoC. I was so young and it was all so new to me. I guess I'm hoping CU can bring back a few of those fuzzy feelings.

I hear you, brother.  When the world is new and fresh, gaming is so exhilirating.  It is sad when this falls away to bickering over mechanics and balance and so forth.  We would be wise to rediscover our child-like wonder and forget the cynicism as we age.  Easier said than done.

Here's wishing CU hits the mark for all of us!

• TuktzTuktz Atlanta, GAPosts: 299Member

wow we're a bunch o old farts!

btw thanks for reminding me I'm in my 30's now haha

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• MyownGodMyownGod SydneyPosts: 205Member
    Wow 40+, I thought your generation dislike video games (which includes my parents) but damn, I wish I have you guys as my parents.
  • SawlstoneSawlstone barrie, ONPosts: 301Member
    I'm old too....Back in my day, we played videogames on things called "joysticks" and the trick was to position it snuggly on you lap so you could "wang" on it until you mother got mad and started yelling things like "All you do now is hide in your room and play with your stick staring at the TV" .....shut the door mom, geez
  • noobliconnooblicon Houston, TXPosts: 14Member
    30. I pledged the $250 lifetime subscription tier.
  • ComafComaf Chicago, ILPosts: 1,154Member Common
    Originally posted by ArcherBullseye
    I just got into that 26-30 range.. thanks for making me feel old. lol

40+ is theoretically lumping 40 year olds with 100 year olds ;p

Originally posted by ucidaitaci
    Wow 40+, I thought your generation dislike video games (which includes my parents) but damn, I wish I have you guys as my parents.

WTF?!  Our generation INVENTED video games, ya freakin' little zygote! I oughta put you across my knee and spank the hell outta you for disrespecting your elders!  Now, GET OFF MY LAWN!

RED IS DEAD!