Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

whats with the greed ?

Comments

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Originally posted by Thresh

Some epic arguments here and there, such as "Dont play" image

Or even better fanboyism from the thread linked above.

"Want to repaint my house for free? You can wash my car afterwards and mow my lawn every week too while you're at it. Why don't you buy me a cup of coffee on the way over from Starbucks too and as a tip, i'll give you a bit of advice: F2P is F2P.You want to respec but can't afford zen OK, here's a little secret:

Dont buy what you can't afford

Have fun with that while you're painting my house" image

$210 per item slot for a greater enchant is surely a great pricing strategy, and don't expect it to stay that low, once majority hits cap and starts farming epics(saturated market), AD is going to depreciate hard.

"It's worth noting that after you fuse 4 shards into a lesser enchantment, 4 of those fuse into a regular one, and 4 regulars fuse into a greater. All told, you need 21 coalescent wards to get a greater. That's looking at $210 for enough wards for 1 enchantment."

Lol I love this response. In all honesty though. This is what the masses wanted I thought, no subscription FTW!  

To quote a famous person.

Only now do you understand the power of the dark side.

• TheLizardbonesTheLizardbones Member CommonPosts: 10,910

Originally posted by Aethaeryn
    Originally posted by mightyfc holy shit just reached 30 and just the costs from removing /attaching gemsso far is bringing me on my knees its like 3-4k  Ad to remove a rank 1 gem, and you can get 10k ad per day... had a r3 gem that costed me 9k!! to remove when i switched gear, 1 day for 1 gem... what ? ive already used up almost 650k ad (now take that and divide by 10k per day) on various shit   and no fuckin ad from quests yet just gold wich is of little to no use , just a few pots and shit, some worthless gear that ull find better before you can use anyhow   if you dont buy your AD that is   epic fail imminent
    I think for a casual player maybe it won't be so bad. . You seem to have leveled pretty quickly and will need to use more AD at a faster rate than someone who plays less often.   Maybe I am wrong and a casual player would get less AD.  It seems to me that they ahve limited the daily conversion so people who play very hard core might have to pay more.  

This makes sense. The players who are going to be more driven to progress are more likely to want to buy stuff from the cash shop rather than slow their progression.

I can not remember winning or losing a single debate on the internet.

• Bushi13Bushi13 Member Posts: 123

Isn't it a perfekt world :)

Might be a good game, tho, shame isn't it.

Diablow 3, it sucks ...

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769

Some epic arguments here and there, such as "Dont play" image

Or even better fanboyism from the thread linked above.

"Want to repaint my house for free? You can wash my car afterwards and mow my lawn every week too while you're at it. Why don't you buy me a cup of coffee on the way over from Starbucks too and as a tip, i'll give you a bit of advice: F2P is F2P.You want to respec but can't afford zen OK, here's a little secret:

Dont buy what you can't afford

Have fun with that while you're painting my house" image

$210 per item slot for a greater enchant is surely a great pricing strategy, and don't expect it to stay that low, once majority hits cap and starts farming epics(saturated market), AD is going to depreciate hard compared to zen.

"It's worth noting that after you fuse 4 shards into a lesser enchantment, 4 of those fuse into a regular one, and 4 regulars fuse into a greater. All told, you need 21 coalescent wards to get a greater. That's looking at $210 for enough wards for 1 enchantment."

So beggers can be choosers?  I believe that many of the f2p freeloaders really don't care and just are greedy.  They want it all for nothing.  If you give them an option to work hard for something they call it unreasonable. 

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• LaromussLaromuss Member UncommonPosts: 331

if you're not rich or made of money then removing enchants shouldn't be in the equation, which also defines my account as well, but there is an easy work around go back to the lower level zones where enchants drop galore and just farm them it doesn't take very long,  even the higher level open world zones drop a ton of runestone, enchants etc.  So far I've create four rank 7 enchants just from farming and even with the high failure rate I'm still able to override the enchants in my equipment very easily and since it doesn't cost anything to override it the AD cost really doesn't matter.

The one thing I am enjoying about the game is that there is always an alternative way to achieve your goal.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247
    Originally posted by mightyfc
    Originally posted by Grinnz

level 30 myself, and still have over 500k AD from my GON founders pack( only spent AD to speed up crafting)....have level 2-3 gems in every item nearly....

I don't bother unslotting gems, since they drop so often...take kits with you nearly every resource node carries runes. Don't know why you would spend AD on much of anything other than speeding stuff up oh and ID scrolls...

i get what you are saying, but when using +4-+5 gems you kinda want to remove em

and looking at the progression it seems r2-3 is for lvl 25ish and r4 30+, its getting expensive real fast and you got no option but to buy with real money to keep up if you wanna have a fine tuned toon

Yes, if you want to min-max the game it will cost money.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• ThreshThresh Member Posts: 52

I'm guessing you're a very low level(or very lucky) :)

Soon to come:

• JasonJJasonJ Member Posts: 395

So many people are clueless about this game. Its so GOD DAMN EASY to make AD...it hasnt even been 4 days and people are bitching they dont have it all yet.

If you are not maxing out your 24k refined AD every day you are doing something very wrong...and yesterday, yesterday I got almost 16k AD from Foundry tips and I only released 1 part of a campaign so far. So yesterday, I got 40k AD total. I intend to make at least 1 foundry quest a week to augment AD intake...not to mention the games wonderful little design that is going to allow me to get most cash shop items for free...maybe I should write up a tutorial on how to use the fact that this is a F2P game to get AD with little effort to be used to buy cash shop items so your main has all the AD they need for non-zen use.

• DeserttFoxxDeserttFoxx Member UncommonPosts: 2,402
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    AD isn't bought with real money. So it's not asking you to pay real money.

Sigh.

You buy zen, zen buys ad, explain to me how ad isnt bought with money again, please.

Quotations Those Who make peaceful resolutions impossible, make violent resolutions inevitable. John F. Kennedy

Life... is the shit that happens while you wait for moments that never come - Lester Freeman

Lie to no one. If there 's somebody close to you, you'll ruin it with a lie. If they're a stranger, who the fuck are they you gotta lie to them? - Willy Nelson

• narialnarial Member Posts: 13

I'm guessing you're a very low level(or very lucky) :)

Soon to come:

am i blind or did they remove the post on this from the boards, where the math was done stating 21,000 zen to make just one of these from shards which is the equivalent of 9 million ad, and you need two of them? that's 375 days of constant ad cap grinding

Not sure about that but it's just for 1 lesser upgrade. Then 4 of those for next tier, 16 for next, etc.
  • KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Originally posted by JeroKane

That's how F2P games work and why I always loathed them.

They sucker you in with easy normal and comfortable gameplay like you used to with P2P games.

Then after some levels you get hit with the WTF hammer and it's "Pay Up with real cash!" time.

this

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873

70K AD here and i just simply play the game and don't have to go out of my way to farm AD. I make sure i get 24K AD a day. (daily limit)

Making AD is very easy in this game so no complaints from my side.

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• narialnarial Member Posts: 13
    Originally posted by Doogiehowser

70K AD here and i just simply play the game and don't have to go out of my way to farm AD. I make sure i get 24K AD a day. (daily limit)

good to know. you have 373 more days of doing that every day to have enough diamonds to get the zen to buy the stones.

even if you are lucky and you get the right ward every week from the invocation mechanic, that's still 21 weeks.

• kriminal66kriminal66 Member UncommonPosts: 82
    I love the game but it seems to be a bit like allods with currency exchange which really sucks just wish that real money would have no effect on gear but from the looks of it thats not how it is. Bought gaurdian pack and i dont see a 140$ value im level 23 and bags are becoming a pain in ass dont really feel like giving up all my AD for a fucking bag inless it is full of the green buds.
  • severiusseverius Member UncommonPosts: 1,516
    Originally posted by mightyfc

holy shit just reached 30 and just the costs from removing /attaching gemsso far is bringing me on my knees

its like 3-4k  Ad to remove a rank 1 gem, and you can get 10k ad per day... had a r3 gem that costed me 9k!! to remove when i switched gear, 1 day for 1 gem... what ? ive already used up almost 650k ad (now take that and divide by 10k per day) on various shit

and no fuckin ad from quests yet just gold wich is of little to no use , just a few pots and shit, some worthless gear that ull find better before you can use anyhow

if you dont buy your AD that is

epic fail imminent

lol.  Mightyfc? Yes allow me to introduce you to humanity.  Humanity, this is mightyfc.  Mightyfc, humanity.

• bambuchabambucha Member Posts: 19
    Originally posted by JasonJ

So many people are clueless about this game. Its so GOD DAMN EASY to make AD...it hasnt even been 4 days and people are bitching they dont have it all yet.

If you are not maxing out your 24k refined AD every day you are doing something very wrong...and yesterday, yesterday I got almost 16k AD from Foundry tips and I only released 1 part of a campaign so far. So yesterday, I got 40k AD total. I intend to make at least 1 foundry quest a week to augment AD intake...not to mention the games wonderful little design that is going to allow me to get most cash shop items for free...maybe I should write up a tutorial on how to use the fact that this is a F2P game to get AD with little effort to be used to buy cash shop items so your main has all the AD they need for non-zen use.

so which part of 'it costs 1000 zen to use higher lvl enchants, per enchant' you dont understand? Or do you actually agree how we should just suck it up and pay $10 per enchant (now calculate how many enchants you need, someone else did it but they deleted that topic :P).

its really nice that you make whooping 40k ad per day, you might be able to afford one 1k zen ward in a couple of weeks that way. 

lets say 400AD = 1Z 

40.000 AD = 40 Z = 25 days of getting 40k per day, if you dont spend any (and lets face it its not like the game is trying to force you to spend diamonds at every corner... ).

and for gods sake, stop saying 'its f2p give it a break' - as you are basically saying its ok if you have to pay $10 per extra bag, $6 for respec $40 for mounts AND on top of that you have to pay to have enchant rate higher than 1%, admitelly its just $10 a pop so it wont cost more than a few houndreds of $, eh?

And lets not forget that theres bazillion of in game items that are purchasable with AD only.

It might be a f2p model, but its a bad one regardless. Being f2p doesnt mean they had to make mounts cost $40 does it? Might be the problem with f2p's in general, as i dont play that many f2p games other than LoL and Aion (but you cant compare either one to this thing really).

what surprises me the most is there are people who would actually try to defend cryptic/pwe here, so im asking you, the defenders of $6 per respec, $40 mounts and $10 for enchants - why ? Why would you defend such a system, which benefits no one but PWE ? Why do you think having reasonable prices would hurt the game?

and btw this cash shop pricing reminds me of some gpotato game fiasco, allods i think. was supposed to be the highest quality f2p mmo ever, or something like that... but apparently it failed miserably. 

• DoogiehowserDoogiehowser Member Posts: 1,873
    Originally posted by narial

good to know. you have 373 more days of doing that every day to have enough diamonds to get the zen to buy the stones.

even if you are lucky and you get the right ward every week from the invocation mechanic, that's still 21 weeks.

Nice exaggeration there bud. 

"The problem is that the hardcore folks always want the same thing: 'We want exactly what you gave us before, but it has to be completely different.'
    -Jesse Schell

"Online gamers are the most ludicrously entitled beings since Caligula made his horse a senator, and at least the horse never said anything stupid."
    -Luke McKinney

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by JasonJ

Some people are blind to the deficiencies of their precious MMO.  24k is like combing a parking lot for dropped pennies to buy a meal.  24k will only take you 100 days for an epic mount and that is not calculating the 1/2 of a year farming for the training.  Sure there might easier with the AH but I don't think it will speed things up much quicker.  It takes such an excrucient amount of time for all the grinding that they literally force you to buy Zen with RMT in order to convert to AD to get what you want.  A daily grind for currency IS NOT FUN PERIOD.  I've done that in WoW with the emblems and that was one of the things that sucked the fun out of the game, and WoW's grind is a pittance to what Neverwitner will be in that regard.

I was very leary of the game being F2P and having a cash shop  along with all classes and content being 100% free and how Neverwitner turned out is percisely why.  The charge you exhorbiant prices for every little single thing they can think of and classifying it as "non-essentials."  Some fluff stuff is essential like bags, mount training, pots that provide buffs, health stones, identify scrolls,  and a decent selection of mounts amoung other things.  Yeah content is free... thats the only thing free.  DDO has a decent F2P system.  GW2 has a good system with a cash shop but uses a B2P model, which Cryptic couldn't utilize because the game the game quality is nowhere near the level that would justify a box sales price.

But I can't believe this 1% crap BS with stones/runestones/whatevers.  This is why I am very leary of F2P games.

• DeniZgDeniZg Member UncommonPosts: 697
    Originally posted by furbans

Some people are blind to the deficiencies of their precious MMO.  24k is like combing a parking lot for dropped pennies to buy a meal.  24k will only take you 100 days for an epic mount and that is not calculating the 1/2 of a year farming for the training.  Sure there might easier with the AH but I don't think it will speed things up much quicker.  It takes such an excrucient amount of time for all the grinding that they literally force you to buy Zen with RMT in order to convert to AD to get what you want.  A daily grind for currency IS NOT FUN PERIOD.  I've done that in WoW with the emblems and that was one of the things that sucked the fun out of the game, and WoW's grind is a pittance to what Neverwitner will be in that regard.

Heh, it took me a lot more than 100 days in vanilla WoW to buy even regular mount, not to mention epic one. And that game has box price + sub fee. Everybody was happy when they managed to grind some gear or reputation or whatever. Good times.

Anyway, I see your point and it's valid if you're one of those people who want everyhing, right now and free of charge. Obviously, it doesn't work like that in F2P games, nor life for that matter.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

You can make many more AD in a day beyond the 24k limit on a single character by selling on the AH... what you get from selling items isn't rough AD. AH is a bit all over the place at the moment but once things settle.. it'll be a nice source of AD.

Just thought I'd throw that out there...

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • RidrithRidrith Member RarePosts: 805
    I have over 7 million AD.  As for the enchantments, what class are you playing exactly?  I'm a level 36 GWF and I don't even bother to enchant my gear let alone actually take anything out of them when/if I do.  What's the point?  I keep up in DPS  charts generally 1st or 2nd and that's even against rogues.  I generally do better than most other GWFs I get in group with.  I don't see what the big deal is currently, it seems like you -wasted- your AD on something.  I bought both the founders pack and the guardian pack and I used those gems to play the market and make AD by using zen to buy keys to open the nightmare chests.  I've got plenty of AD to spend.  Every 5 levels I go the AH and pick up a new set of blue gear and call it a day.  I'm not going to touch enchantments or runestones until 60 if I can help it.
    I like to complain about games.
  • SagasaintSagasaint Member UncommonPosts: 466

good job

410k more and you can buy a simple bag

yes, a bag. something that in 99,999999% MMOs out there is absolutly meaningless and worthless.

then u can start working on the other 3 bags, plus bank spaces, plus respecs...and after that, wards to enchant max level item,  the good companions, and the fast mount

on the bright side, in 50 years, when you are farming for the last items,  you'll probably have grandchildren to help you so it'll go faster

Read an entire thread - main point is that not even a bag + companion spending. Its about $200+ For a single greater enchant per item slot per character, unless you going to go for one of them 1% infuse chances image

Right now this board is overrun with hundreds of lowbies praising the lowbie gameplay per 1 experienced player. It really needs a month or so to mature to really have a logical discussion here. All I see is "Hay I'm leveling just fine and i got x thousant AD No problem bro!"