Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Worst Customer Service Response Ever?

Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982

Backstory: On the final night of the Kickstarter, it's funding was still in question.  Goblinworks had a livestream so I asked Ryan a direct question:  "Can I make an additional pledge which I owuld use to buy some additional accounts for my friends and transfer them over to them?"  I was told that yes, when the "survey" was released I could simply list their paizo accounts and have it linked to them.

So... flash forward a few months and we get the release of the "Fulfillment Tool" which replaces the "Survey" originally discussed.  Well... this tool allows me to purchase more add-ons, but not transfer these accounts to my friends as originally promised.  The hope was that they would up their pledge to match mine and get earlier access (I only bought 2 additional $35 accounts so they just come with 1 month early access).  I send an Email to their support and I get this response:

Hello  XXXXXXX,

You can work with your buddies to arrange a reimbursement to you, from them, for you to add whatever add-ons that they would like.

If you have any further questions or concerns, please let me know. Thanks!

Sincerely,

XXXXX XXXXX

Customer Service
7120 185th Ave NE Ste 120
Redmond, WA 98052-0577
Phone: (425) 250-0800
Fax: (425) 250-0801
Email: [email protected]

REALLY?  This is their response?  I should just charge more stuff and collect the money from them?   Screw that.  I already paid over $200 in pledges to a game that doesn't exist yet.  Now you want me to function as a Western Union as well?  Sorry no, I don't think so.  If you cannot even figure out how to take the money customers want to give you that doesn't bode well for the future...

So, while their response was timely and they DID respond... I think the actual response may be one of the worst in the history of customer service.   Any thoughts?

All time classic  MY NEW FAVORITE POST!  (Keep laying those bricks)

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

Proudly wearing the Harbinger badge since Dec 23, 2017. 

Coined the phrase "Role-Playing a Development Team" January 2018

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

Comments

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959

no thats about the standard response for when you purchase a account for someone else to be honest, you think this is bad try wrestleing blizzards custermer support,

and i qoute in order to get my account unlocked i needed to log into my account and supply a list of information.

you might have to read this a few times to figure out what is wrong here, it made my head hurt i know that.

P.S. umm could you PLEASE change the color i had to highlight it in order to read it that blue on black is painfull to read.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Originally posted by Squeak69

no thats about the standard response for when you purchase a account for someone else to be honest, you think this is bad try wrestleing blizzards custermer support,

and i qoute in order to get my account unlocked i needed to log into my account and supply a list of information.

you might have to read this a few times to figure out what is wrong here, it made my head hurt i know that.

P.S. umm could you PLEASE change the color i had to highlight it in order to read it that blue on black is painfull to read.

So Blizzard told you to buy more things for other people on your account?  I find that hard to believe...  Totally understand the idiocy about compromised accounts though.

But point taken on the font.  I think the Gold is easier to see.

"I should point out that no other company has shipped out a beta on a disc before this." - Official Mortal Online Lead Community Moderator

"Oddly Slap is the main reason I stay in these forums." - Mystichaze April 9th 2018

• WenchesnmeadWenchesnmead Member UncommonPosts: 35

Let me start off by saying, Slapshot, huge fan of yours on here. You have made me laugh and do some fist pumps at shit you have said on these forums. Some real classic stuff. But i cant say I feel so bad for you and i mean that not trolling in anyway , but you of all should have known the depravity at which these "companies", i use that term loosely, operate. Mortal Online cost you and a lot of other players both money and waste time in a game that had unlimited potential, but ultiamtely failed. Granted it was for many reasons but really it all came down to greed. SO i have to ask you what did you really expect from another company that does nothing but say everything you want to hear on a product that doesnt even truly exist? 

If and when you read this envision me with one arm patting your back as an old friend who would hate to see you suffer again but you and a whole lot of people better be prepared. I have been on this site for geez, seems like forever , but literally only registered because i wanted to post about my concerns with pathfinder. Dont get me wrong i want an amazing game to come out to fill my mmo void i have had for years but it wont come from companies that are all moneygrab with toilet paper promises. 

DO I think kickstarter is bad, heck no, im sure that many great games will come out of crowdfunding. But it wont come in the form everyone thinks it will. It will have to be a very special team of people. Not the Mark Jacobs geritol crowd that keeps milking gamers everywhere. Jacobs, Dancey and all of their ilk are master salemen and nothing more. Dont worry you will get your game. I assure you that much , but will it be the masterpiece of legend that everyone has built up in their heads. Probably not, but we shall see, this is only my toilet paper opinion. 

To answer your question though, maybe not worst customer service more like you got had at 3 card monte by a skilled and well versed scam artist. Thats as nice as i will put it for scum that do the old bait and switch.

• AnskierAnskier Member UncommonPosts: 59
    Sounds like you got lied to in the live stream - They were probably willing to say yes to anything that sounded remotely reasonable at the time to attempt to boost pledges and probably simply forgot all about it later.

I would try to send a polite response back to customer service saying that this is in fact not acceptable and that you would like to speak to their supervisor, basically try to get it escalated to someone with the authority to deal with problems that need custom solutions.

Also try to post to their forums - again be polite as you don't want them to have another excuse to ignore you or remove your complaint. Try to get a response from whoever said you could in the live-stream if you remember who, in fact try to email them directly if you can. If there is a copy of the live stream recorded and uploaded anywhere you may want to get a copy of them saying you could do this and keep it to be able to show on demand or if they say they never said you could do this.

As to your actual question re: worst costumer response ever - Honestly no, its not even in the running. They simply said no, it doesn't insult you, mock you, or rudely dismiss you unlike some I have seen. It would have to be rather vile to even be in the running frankly.

Anskier
  • Slapshot1188Slapshot1188 Member LegendaryPosts: 16,982
    Originally posted by Anskier

As to your actual question re: worst costumer response ever - Honestly no, its not even in the running. They simply said no, it doesn't insult you, mock you, or rudely dismiss you unlike some I have seen. It would have to be rather vile to even be in the running frankly.

Anskier

It's not that they said no.. it's that they said "Just charge stuff on your personal account and have your friends pay you back" :-)

And yes, I do know better than to spend money on a game that doesn't exist.  Sometimes though, you let your guard down for abit and them WHAM.. reality hits you in the head.

This has got nothing on Mortal though... I'm pretty sure what happened is that they just kept throwing shit at the KS to try and get to the Funding Goal without any sort of plan as to how it would work or how they would deliver. They did reply to a message later saying that they hope to have transfer functionality relatively soon. Mortal is on a whole other plane of existance regarding stuff like that.  I mean, 3 years after release (almost) and they never shipped out functioning discs to many people who bought them...

We really need to start to hold these companies to some modest level of accountability...

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

TBH, I think a situation like this would be better handled over the phone.  Try to talk to a supervisor and take time to explain the situation.  Or, email whoever told you it *would* be possible and show them this response.

Edit: NM, I see that they followed up with you.

• Xeen88Xeen88 Member UncommonPosts: 12

Im going to go ahead and call NONSENSE.

The fulfillment tool they used will absolutely allow you to bring friends into the game. You are the backer of the kickstarter, you increase your pledge and invite friends.  You asked them exactly that, and you were told to do exactly that.

"Can I make an additional pledge which I owuld use to buy some additional accounts for my friends and transfer them over to them?"

I have 4 friends invited to the game, no problem and no issue setting it up. 

You can hold them "accountable" all you want, but you got exactly what you asked for.