Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMO will you be playing this weekend?

Comments

• Bushi13Bushi13 Member Posts: 123

Nobody said Defiance, I don't play it either even tho i got the game ... mehhhh of disapointment.

will play GW2 for fun.

Diablow 3, it sucks ...

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601
    Originally posted by Leiloni
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Manolios
    Originally posted by drtack1
    Bahaha, just checked my email and I got into the Dragon Prophet beta, looks like I will be playing that this weekend! Sweet!

Meh, the game is ok but it has no trinity so I lost interest super fast. I learned that lesson with GW2. If I can't play a healer in a traditional class system I'm not going to have a good time.

very much does have trinity just not how you would think and not like gw2 at all in this regard

he said ''healer in a traditional class system'' and i know what he means. i m a dedicated healer too in most mmo's and i feel the same with the kind of gw2 like healing system

yea i guess there is no dedicated healer class in dp but there is the holy trinity in the form of dragon skills and is needed for the harder content.. you will need dragon skills that heal and ones that tank and such between people in your group.. just works in a differnt way which i like because the same old trinity gets boring to me

Yea what this guy said. So you can't have one class that is entirely devoted to healing and supporting and one class entirely devoted to tanking and controlling the mobs, while everyone else is a variation of a dps. Each person can only have a handful of Dragon skills and yea sure some of those will be healing, some buffing, but no one person will be "the healer". Everyone is a dps class and picks up a handful of Dragon spells but there is no trinity where each person specializes into one specific thing.

Just checked Dragons Prophet, it actually looks pretty cool.

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
  • ForgefeuForgefeu Member UncommonPosts: 118
    For sure some Darkfall and a bit of neverwinter, probably some Defiance 
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Originally posted by VengeSunsoar
    Originally posted by Manolios
    Originally posted by drtack1
    Bahaha, just checked my email and I got into the Dragon Prophet beta, looks like I will be playing that this weekend! Sweet!

Meh, the game is ok but it has no trinity so I lost interest super fast. I learned that lesson with GW2. If I can't play a healer in a traditional class system I'm not going to have a good time.

very much does have trinity just not how you would think and not like gw2 at all in this regard

he said ''healer in a traditional class system'' and i know what he means. i m a dedicated healer too in most mmo's and i feel the same with the kind of gw2 like healing system

yea i guess there is no dedicated healer class in dp but there is the holy trinity in the form of dragon skills and is needed for the harder content.. you will need dragon skills that heal and ones that tank and such between people in your group.. just works in a differnt way which i like because the same old trinity gets boring to me

Yea what this guy said. So you can't have one class that is entirely devoted to healing and supporting and one class entirely devoted to tanking and controlling the mobs, while everyone else is a variation of a dps. Each person can only have a handful of Dragon skills and yea sure some of those will be healing, some buffing, but no one person will be "the healer". Everyone is a dps class and picks up a handful of Dragon spells but there is no trinity where each person specializes into one specific thing.

Yea the game as a whole is not bad and the graphics and combat are actually pretty decent, it's just the class system is a huge disappointment for me and why I won't be playing. But if you don't care about a traditional trinity class system you may enjoy it because they have some cool things going on.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by VengeSunsoar

its pretty neat game but still pretty rough(you can see the stream this site many things aren't translated or finished).. hopefully they polish it up a good bit before open beta:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• yangdudeyangdude Member UncommonPosts: 72

PWI - unfortunately I cant make Nation Wars due to work again.  Then probably minecraft with the nippers - we always have a laugh.  But the weather here in sunny Australia is warm, cloudless and basically perfect so itll be beach and park for kicking the footy around tomorrow - today its a kids birthday party in an hour then work - so actually not much gaming at all.....

• NovusodNovusod Member UncommonPosts: 912
    Only MMORPG I play right now is Vindictus. It is not the perfect game but atleast the combat is fun.
  • Garet44Garet44 Member Posts: 1
    I will be playing FallenEarth this weekend.  I love the crafting and th general atmosphere.  I'm sorta burned out on most games, but i make the rounds of my games.   Play a week or two and go back to another one.  LOTR, Secret World, and Fallenearth is the rounds i make.  oh CIV V
  • KeppyKeppy Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Likely nothing. I keep looking for a new MMO to play but there's nothing good out right now. ;(

I agree plus the weather is gonna be rockin' this weekend so time to dust off the grill, load up a cooler and party on!!!image

• KeppyKeppy Member UncommonPosts: 28
    LOL @ PWI and Nation Wars.  Nation Wars killed PWI.  Terrible game now.
  • AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796

Rift.

Must.Get.Purple.Hellbug Mount!

Must... *laughs maniacly* .. get mount.. hehe!

0.o

• GruugGruug Member RarePosts: 1,789

Minecraft Feed the Beast Ultimate mod and probably some Defiance.

Let's party like it is 1863!

• volttvoltt Member UncommonPosts: 432
    I will be playing some EQ project 1999 - falling back in love with the game that started it all for me
  • TokkenTokken Member EpicPosts: 3,547

SWTOR and Origins of Malu for me!

Proud MMORPG.com member since March 2004!  Make PvE GREAT Again!

Originally posted by voltt
    I will be playing some EQ project 1999 - falling back in love with the game that started it all for me

Oh hell yes.  Secondary Sighted!  Engage!

TY for posting.

• freegefreege Member UncommonPosts: 75
    Some WoW, And maybe a tad of dayZ. ^_^
  • mikunimanmikuniman Member UncommonPosts: 375
    Originally posted by BadSpock

Probably poke around in NW a bit more.

Maybe some GW2 check out some of the new stuff.

Maybe even some WoW - that article about Paladins really makes me want to roll a new human Paladin and quest it up a bit - even though I have a level 88 BE Paladin already...

I swear, if someone ever makes a MMO where you can be a sword+shield heavy armor melee toon that doesn't take 2x the time to kill mobs... I'll never leave.

Why does sword n' board always = tank in MMOs? Has any MMO dev ever watched 300 and thought "man, those are some bad ass warriors!"

GW2 Warrior is OK but the focus on bleeds is "meh" and the #3 cripple skill is about useless in PvE. And I hate the Burst skill with MH sword.

And I wish the #2 on sword and #4/5 on shield had about half the recharge time to actually be fun to play for more than 5 minutes. Limited skills really sucks when you want to use nothing but one set of weapons for asethetics and feel.

Although technically not an mmo, try the Fiona class in Vindictus, sword/hammer and board dps class. No tanks or healers in that game has very cool combat. I especially like the chain hooks and destructive enviorments in that game.

oops, defiance, tera and some vindictus

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Originally posted by BadSpock
    Probably poke around in NW a bit more.Maybe some GW2 check out some of the new stuff.Maybe even some WoW - that article about Paladins really makes me want to roll a new human Paladin and quest it up a bit - even though I have a level 88 BE Paladin already...I swear, if someone ever makes a MMO where you can be a sword+shield heavy armor melee toon that doesn't take 2x the time to kill mobs... I'll never leave.Why does sword n' board always = tank in MMOs? Has any MMO dev ever watched 300 and thought "man, those are some bad ass warriors!"GW2 Warrior is OK but the focus on bleeds is "meh" and the #3 cripple skill is about useless in PvE. And I hate the Burst skill with MH sword.And I wish the #2 on sword and #4/5 on shield had about half the recharge time to actually be fun to play for more than 5 minutes. Limited skills really sucks when you want to use nothing but one set of weapons for asethetics and feel.

When you find a sword and board character that can pull some dps, Let me know...ive been searching also

Thought neverwinter might be a winner but looking at the itemization it seems that the guardian fighter nearly always gets itemization with defense on it....

Might have to look into this "dragons prophet"..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• MaakuMaaku Member Posts: 90
    SOme GW2 for PvE and RP and swtor for pure RPG! (And some RP). I'm trying to see if I can get Secret World to work too. Just to try it.

• PerramasPerramas Member UncommonPosts: 83
    I am playing EVE, it is the only mmorpg that I play these days.

FUncom putting the FU in fun since 1993.

• Joseph_KerrJoseph_Kerr Member RarePosts: 1,113
    It all depends on how the crow flies.
  • PhryPhry Member LegendaryPosts: 11,004
    SW;TOR and Eve, and.... Candy Crush.. if you havent heard of it.. your lucky.. its not a good game, its not even fun.. but its addictive in that you have to beat your friends at it..  image

I don't know of a MMORPG that you can be S&B and group up as a DPS, but in Rift you can build a warrior with certain Paladin + other soul skills that can be awesome while soloing or with a buddy.  The conditional reactives are powerful and you get several when you spec right.

Just sayin' ??

People dismiss Rift as a WoW clone, but the soul system with it's amazingly numerous combinations make for some fun character building.  You can have up to 5(?) roles saved that you can switch between when out of combat.  Have a spec for a 2-hander or DW, a spec for S&B, a ranged spec, a support spec, etc. 

I dunno.. I love Rift for what it is.  Been playing it now for over 2 years.  If you haven't tried it or it's been a while since you have, I highly recommend it.

Personally I love my "Battle Cleric".  With Shaman as the primary soul, and 61 points in it @ 60, your GCD drops from 1.5sec to 1.0sec .. It's fun as hell.  I'm geared for DPS, Healing and have a Tanking set/Soul combo.  Not to mention my PvP set.  When I saw you could be a battle cleric in Beta I fell in love, and here I am. =)

o/

• pmw4friendpmw4friend Member Posts: 63
    I don't know what mmorpg i will playing but i do know ill at list play Tera and Runescape :)
  • PNM_JenningsPNM_Jennings Member UncommonPosts: 1,093
    rift and dfuw. weird combo now that i think about it...