Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What MMO will you be playing this weekend?

Comments

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Originally posted by Ramonski7
    Neverwinter, Dragon Prophet and Marvel Heroes if Origins of Maru doesn't fall through.

I feel like I'm ruining everyone's day today but this is really how I'm feeling about just about every game lol.

http://www.originsofmalu.com/?q=how-origins-malu

In Origins of Malu tab targeting is how you can lock onto a target before launching your attacks. When you do target something or someone, you will notice a ring below their feet indicating you have selected them.

/cry

I will still be playing beta this weekend and based on posts from M. Dunham Saturday's beta is a definite. I just hope that the above quote is a really really bad description of how combat works because if it truly is just tab target instead of a more aim based free targeting action combat system, I will be done with this game. :

• PanzerbasePanzerbase Member Posts: 423

Neverwinter, so far so good.

PS2 is going to get deleted, too many hacks.

Waiting on WildStar for a future pick up. 

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    SWTOR - going to do staged missions for elite comms maybe some raiding. I mught jump to Star Trek The Video Game for couple hours as well.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• KuppaKuppa Member UncommonPosts: 3,292
    GW2 pvp and gonna try some Neverwinter.

Originally posted by lickm3

Why are all new MMO so fucking boring ? I get tired of them after 1-3 days nonstop playing. When WoW came out i could stay to play 10 days nonstop or with a little less sleep and hang there for another 7 years with breaks 2-5 months, but still. So addictive game will never come again :((

That gif is exactly how I'm feeling lately....

• Sevenstar61Sevenstar61 Member UncommonPosts: 1,686
    Originally posted by lickm3

Why are all new MMO so fucking boring ? I get tired of them after 1-3 days nonstop playing. When WoW came out i could stay to play 10 days nonstop or with a little less sleep and hang there for another 7 years with breaks 2-5 months, but still. So addictive game will never come again :((

In 2004 there were just few  MMOs. You did not have any other choice:) and everything was new as nobody before offered anything like that. It's not MMOs that are boring. It's you who changed and needs something new to get excited. And no company I guess found a recipe as yet how to create something new.

Sith Warrior - Story of Hate and Love http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sxKrlwXt7Ao
    Imperial Agent - Rise of Cipher Nine http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OBBj3eJWBvU&feature=youtu.be
    Imperial Agent - Hunt for the Eagle Part 1http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UQqjYYU128E

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    Not sure I have time for any mmo this weekend cause of work but if anything I'll be delving into Diablo 3 and perhaps some Skyrim.
  • ScalplessScalpless Member UncommonPosts: 1,426

Guild Wars 2. I'll probably play through the new dungeon before it's too late.

I'm considering Neverwinter, but it just doesn't interest me outside of the Foundry.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Leiloni
    Originally posted by drtack1
    Bahaha, just checked my email and I got into the Dragon Prophet beta, looks like I will be playing that this weekend! Sweet!

Meh, the game is ok but it has no trinity so I lost interest super fast. I learned that lesson with GW2. If I can't play a healer in a traditional class system I'm not going to have a good time.

very much does have trinity just not how you would think and not like gw2 at all in this regard

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    Originally posted by Wakygreek
    Originally posted by BadSpock
    Originally posted by BadSpock

I swear, if someone ever makes a MMO where you can be a sword+shield heavy armor melee toon that doesn't take 2x the time to kill mobs... I'll never leave.

dragons prophet:) and neverwinter.. guardian can kill pretty fast(at least early on)

Yeah I'm liking Guardian Fighter thus far - barely played much though.

I know nothing of Dragons Prophet... I hate pets and companions (another problem I have with NW)

RIFT actually had a pretty cool Paladin type class back in the day when I played a bit - but after level like 30-35 the killing just got way, way too slow.

dragons prophet system works a lot differn't than neverwinter or swtor.. you actually don't really even need your dragon out and when they are out they only can stay out for a limited time unless you are using them to ride/fly around

Speaking of Dragons Prohpet, I just got the beta invite. Let me know what server you guys are on, I want to check out group play too. Not a fan of random pugs anymore, learned my lesson from WoW.

can find me on kronos if i get away from neverwinter:P

Same here, Neverwinter is taking up my time too. Ill check out Kronos though for the beta, what char you going to be on so I can look for you. You can PM if you don't want to list the name for public knowledge.

Originally posted by Normandy7
    Not sure I have time for any mmo this weekend cause of work but if anything I'll be delving into Diablo 3 and perhaps some Skyrim.

How do you feel about Diablo 3 coming to the consoles?

• KareliaKarelia Member Posts: 668
    Bahaha, just checked my email and I got into the Dragon Prophet beta, looks like I will be playing that this weekend! Sweet!

Meh, the game is ok but it has no trinity so I lost interest super fast. I learned that lesson with GW2. If I can't play a healer in a traditional class system I'm not going to have a good time.

very much does have trinity just not how you would think and not like gw2 at all in this regard

he said ''healer in a traditional class system'' and i know what he means. i m a dedicated healer too in most mmo's and i feel the same with the kind of gw2 like healing system

Originally posted by Manolios

he said ''healer in a traditional class system'' and i know what he means. i m a dedicated healer too in most mmo's and i feel the same with the kind of gw2 like healing system

yea i guess there is no dedicated healer class in dp but there is the holy trinity in the form of dragon skills and is needed for the harder content.. you will need dragon skills that heal and ones that tank and such between people in your group.. just works in a differnt way which i like because the same old trinity gets boring to me

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

oh wait isn't Origins of Malu supposed to start beta on the 4th finaly? if it does i may be in there

• VengeSunsoarVengeSunsoar Member EpicPosts: 6,601

Istaira - get dragon crafting to 50 (again:)  )  maybe start adventuring, debate on whether to work on the biped or not.

Go to the beach. 

Just because you don't like it doesn't mean it is bad.
    Do we know if they are planning to do another character wipe in Dragons Prophet again? I assume so but I am curious, because I don't want to make a class that I will end up maining when it goes live. Any thoughts?
    Originally posted by Wakygreek
    Do we know if they are planning to do another character wipe in Dragons Prophet again? I assume so but I am curious, because I don't want to make a class that I will end up maining when it goes live. Any thoughts?

there will be one before open beta for sure.. besides that not sure

Originally posted by Manolios

yea i guess there is no dedicated healer class in dp but there is the holy trinity in the form of dragon skills and is needed for the harder content.. you will need dragon skills that heal and ones that tank and such between people in your group.. just works in a differnt way which i like because the same old trinity gets boring to me

Yea what this guy said. So you can't have one class that is entirely devoted to healing and supporting and one class entirely devoted to tanking and controlling the mobs, while everyone else is a variation of a dps. Each person can only have a handful of Dragon skills and yea sure some of those will be healing, some buffing, but no one person will be "the healer". Everyone is a dps class and picks up a handful of Dragon spells but there is no trinity where each person specializes into one specific thing.

oh wait isn't Origins of Malu supposed to start beta on the 4th finaly? if it does i may be in there

Yep, they will announce the specific time tomorrow at some point so keep an eye on the forums.

Yep, they will announce the specific time tomorrow at some point so keep an eye on the forums.

nice after all the delays i completely forgot it was coming this weekend:)

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

:-)

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
    Exciting time for MMO's quite a few out of box concepts will get some face time this year.
  • easy-reasy-r Member Posts: 38
    Currently playing browse the internet to see if there are any decent MMORPGs you can co op for pve or pvp out there and it appears the answer is, besides the sub par Darkfall and Neverwinter, a resounding no.  Just console and no co op it seems.  
  • RemyVorenderRemyVorender Member RarePosts: 3,991
    Neverwinter, with a dash of DayZ if I have time.

Joined - July 2004

Originally posted by easy-r
    Currently playing browse the internet to see if there are any decent MMORPGs you can co op for pve or pvp out there and it appears the answer is, besides the sub par Darkfall and Neverwinter, a resounding no.  Just console and no co op it seems.  

Honestly, I find Neverwinter to be Co-op friendly. I find soloing a dungeon is doable but its more fun and exciting with 1 other person. You can take a group but it dulls the diffculty a little bit unless of course you pick a harder dungeon. Sometimes though I find it can take time to find a larger group, lots of barren chat in NW atm.