Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Atlantica Online: Grab an MMORPG.com Gift Pack

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

As of yesterday for two weeks until the 16th, new players logging into Atlantica Online will automatically receive an MMORPG.com gift box.  Log into atlantica.nexon.net to get registered and receive your gift pack today!

Players entering the world of Atlantica Online to explore the lost continent of Atlantis will receive the MMORPG.com box that contains nearly $80 worth of in-game goods, boosts and gear to get you into the new content where amazing challenges await.

This package decks you out with the complete Taoist costume and mount which, in addition to giving your stats a healthy boost, will channel powerful spirit energy to bolster your physical attacks and defense.

You'll also get extra storage for both your items and mercenaries, some Water of Life to completely heal your entire formation, and Attila, a juggernaut of a mercenary whose axe cleaves straight through your enemies' armor!

Here is the full inventory of the MMORPG.com Atlantica Online box:

• Taoist Outfit

• Taoist Headpiece (30 Day)

• Defense: 600

• Dexterity: +60

• Intelligence: +60

• Vitality: +60

• Critical: 20

• Taoist Costume (30 Day)

• Defense: 1000

• Strength: +60

• Dexterity: +60

• Intelligence: +60

• Vitality: +100

*NOTE* these outfits will show up normally for the regular Classes (Sword, Axe, Spear, etc) but they will not appear on the new Atlantian Classes ( Battle Mage and Blade Master), but they will still be able to wear the outfits and benefit from the stats.

• Taoist Barrier *Decoration* (30 Day)

• Attack Power: 1650-1750

• Defense: 500

•  Vitality: +350

• Magic: [Flame Barrier lv 10]

• aoist Cloud *Mount* (30 Day)

• ttack Power: 720-820

• 100x Water of Life (consumable) (7,990 NX)

• This restores entire parties Health and Mana

• Attila Mercenary Box

• Attila Mercenary (49,990 NX)

• Tarkan’s Book Box (I) (3,990 NX)

• Tarkan’s Book Box (II) (6,990 NX)

• Tarkan’s Book Box (III) (9,990 NX)

• Tarkan’s Book Box’s come with 20 skill books to level up Attila (Tarkan). Players can pick from

• Unstoppable Skill : Iron-clad will allow the user of this magic to hit harder and resist stun spells. (passive)

• Tarkan’s Will: Goes into a rage, boosting Attack Power, Multi-Hit Rate, Accuracy, Critical, and AP.

• Cleaving Blows: Gives basic attacks a chance to deal additional damage and weaken enemy forces.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

Wow, that's actually a pretty sweet "gift".

Are any of the local staff currently playing Atlantica? There sure has been a swelling of info on the game lately. More in the last few weeks than there was in years seems like.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    It's kind of a relaunch it seems.  With the new expansion, we'll be re-reviewing it.  ;)

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309
    Cool. I found the game highly entertaining and may have to go back and check out the newly released stuff.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• simmihisimmihi Member UncommonPosts: 709

First things first, atlantica international (US) is atlantica.nexon.net. I'm pretty sure that nexon.com is the korean site. Would like to know if it's intended and the offer is indeed for the korean version :)

Second, how do we receive the reward? Where do we "sign" that we come from mmorpg.com?

• bambuchabambucha Member Posts: 19
    wow now thats a 'gift' :P too bad its for new players only. ah and btw its http://atlantica.nexon.net/ not com :P might want to change that :)
  • bbbb42bbbb42 Member UncommonPosts: 297
     no  upgrades included? why give out the crappiest of all the b class mercs >.> last time they did a big event to pull people in they gave out free pirate+spartan

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    Awww! its only for newbies what about us vets? *shuffles away mumbling about mean old MMORPG.com*

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• ZoeMcCloskeyZoeMcCloskey Member UncommonPosts: 1,372
    Very sweet gift, always have wanted Tarkan in my melee party, was a SpearMain.  Definitely going to look into this.  I always recommend Atlantica to people, have had a few fun stints in the game.

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413
    Yeah, okay, I have been meaning to try this for a long time... consider me pushed.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• Manic.MinerManic.Miner Member Posts: 44
    Attila + books - best start for new players (best merc to earn money from tbs), in addition you will get best clothes/deco set for 30d.

• OzmodanOzmodan Member EpicPosts: 9,726
    Personally I just find rentable things in a MMO detestable.  How they have the nerve to try to call these games f2p is beyond me.  People that enjoy this game have to invest heavily in it.  Give me a subscription game any day in the week.
  • PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108
    Originally posted by Ozmodan
    Personally I just find rentable things in a MMO detestable.  How they have the nerve to try to call these games f2p is beyond me.  People that enjoy this game have to invest heavily in it.  Give me a subscription game any day in the week.

Amen brother

• RateroRatero Member UncommonPosts: 440
    Before this game came out they had a ton of people hooked on it, then they introduced the "stamina" system and they lost quite a few people.  I think they done away with that system now but I don't think I'd go back now reguardless of what they do.

• mavisdraculamavisdracula Member Posts: 1

this is for new people?..if it is, then i made a great timing! i just saw this game recently and wanted to try it out..so all i have to do to get this free stuffs is to register and play the game?..this is so amazing!

• BarelyEinsteinBarelyEinstein Member UncommonPosts: 247
    I tried Atlantica Online a while back and was somewhat impressed by the different approach, but the absurd prices put me off. That and I generally refuse to play games with rentable items, they're like a slap in the face. I miss the old days of subs, when you could just pay a flat fee and know you were getting everything a game had to offer. =(
  • PopplePopple Member UncommonPosts: 239
    Originally posted by BarelyEin
    I tried Atlantica Online a while back and was somewhat impressed by the different approach, but the absurd prices put me off. That and I generally refuse to play games with rentable items, they're like a slap in the face. I miss the old days of subs, when you could just pay a flat fee and know you were getting everything a game had to offer. =(

Yup i do the same stay away from games that charges 30 days,15 days, 7 days item price.It is the first thing i check (The Store) even before i down load any game..I work hard for my money.If the (Company) wants my money they have to work hard to open my wallet..

I retired retroactively..Haha

• eddieg50eddieg50 Member UncommonPosts: 1,809
    I tried it awhile ago and found it very easy and repetitive, fun for while but alas boring
  • itchmonitchmon Member RarePosts: 1,999

if there was ever an example of "great game, crappy developer" it would be atlantica.

temporary items and lotto boxes.  frownnnnnz.  it's funny because if the item shop didnt exist the game would essentially be worth a 15/mo subscrption fee.

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, ESO

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• HersaintHersaint Member UncommonPosts: 366
    rentable items? Not even with a 10ft pole.  Sorry.

• arudresaarudresa Member UncommonPosts: 8
    is kinda of a nice game tbh, heroes like, but is too much grinding for my taste.
  • BigHatLoganBigHatLogan Member Posts: 688
    Originally posted by arudresa
    is kinda of a nice game tbh, heroes like, but is too much grinding for my taste.

Yeah, the PVP in Atlantica was pretty awesome and totally different than any other game I've played.  Unfortunately the PVE grind is abyssmal and not particularly fun.

Are you a Pavlovian Fish Biscuit Addict? Get Help Now!
    I will play no more MMORPGs until somethign good comes out!

• trancejeremytrancejeremy Member UncommonPosts: 1,222

It's insane that a game features $50 items like that.

I like Atlantica a lot, but it's insanely expensive. The cash shop mercs are overpowered, so it's a clear case of pay to win.

R.I.P. City of Heroes and my 17 characters there

• SagonatorSagonator Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Awesome giveaway. If I was newly started player I'd make new acc. Tarkan and Christin are one of best pve merces. Tarkan heavy good in pve/tbs while christine needs nothing but 1 skill point on steady stance to have bonus multi hit rate. Good job with the givaway
  • YizleYizle Member Posts: 517
    Great game at lower levels. At higher levels sadly it is an insane money sink.
  • ArkriliusArkrilius Member Posts: 1
    Account creation in Nexon (account become stuck at validation) is impossible since may 15th so that prevents players from getting the gift.  I wonder if there was ever a promotion going on or just a dirty way to attract players attention.