Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The Gameplay Is Really Clunky And Bad, It Will Never Improve!

2»

Comments

• Mad+DogMad+Dog Member UncommonPosts: 780

This thread is hilarious, most of the posters obviously don't have a clue how DF combat works and are making silly statements that are totally untrue.

So many haters. I hope you all find a game you like. I love DF.

• CecropiaCecropia Member RarePosts: 3,985
    Originally posted by Imperator101
    I don't care if I never played it......

Aaaaaaaaaaaaaand you're done. Nothing you say from here on out matters in any way.

P.S. I steered clear of the original DF for months due to the emo negativity on these forums and the shit youtube videos that didn't come close to doing the game justice; all I can say now is "oops"!

"Mr. Rothstein, your people never will understand... the way it works out here. You're all just our guests. But you act like you're at home. Let me tell you something, partner. You ain't home. But that's where we're gonna send you if it harelips the governor." - Pat Webb

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    Originally posted by BadSpock

I'd like to know why people think ES/Skyrim combat is so bad?

Becuase of the menu system?

I've played a million hours and I think the combat is bad. There are more than a few reasons I feel this way.

Sometimes when swings hit visually, the attack is not registered.

The AI is completely predictable.

The system is completely designed around the use of an Xbox controller.

Pausing the game to change to weapons/items/magic that don't fit on the 10 keybinds is tedious and disjoints the experience.

Moving the difficulty slider up only increases enemy health pools and damage.

Once you get high enough, the balance basically breaks and everything becomes trivial.

Stamina is nearly meaningless in almost all situations.

The combat tends to be overly simplistic with two-handed melee weapons. The magic system is also overly simplistic.

The kill cam interupts combat and is actually a detriment to your success.

The overall feel of the combat feels clunky to me (this is very personal). I feel disconnected from my character.

On the flip side, it's one of the best games ever made in my opinion and all of this can be tuned up through the use of mods. It's also the best Elder Scrolls combat devised yet in my opinion. But when it comes to vanilla combat, when compared to other action RPGs, it falls short of the mark and just tends to feel really dated and clunky overall.

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by Mad+Dog
    Originally posted by Sk1ppeR

pfffffffffffff are you being serious now? O.O 

is it really all of you are saying that TAB combat is harder than that crosshair thing, more pro, REALLY? O.O You have to be kidding me. The crosshair auto targets the last opponent that crossed your aim, dafuq is this shit ... how can you say such blunt statements, it wasthe same with tera, it was the same with neverwinter, it is the same with this stupid game ._. I still find Guild Wars 2 combat a lot more dynamic than any of the games i just listed above

you make no sense.

I am glad that I am not the only person that thought that.....

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• stevebombsquadstevebombsquad Member UncommonPosts: 884
    Originally posted by asdar

Close melee combat is just one aspect, but I even love that compared to tab target or even the other styles of location target melee.

Where DFUW exceeds everything is archers and mages. I give WoW type tab games a D-, location type games like AoC/m&b a C- and DFUW a B for melee.

Archery/magic DFUW gets an A+, everything else gets an F

You are saying that DFUW combat is better than Mount and Blade? Have you even played Mount and Blade? I think if you had, you wouldn't say that. I only wish that an MMO would come out with a M&B style combat.

James T. Kirk: All she's got isn't good enough! What else ya got?

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Originally posted by stevebombsquad
    Originally posted by asdar

Close melee combat is just one aspect, but I even love that compared to tab target or even the other styles of location target melee.

Where DFUW exceeds everything is archers and mages. I give WoW type tab games a D-, location type games like AoC/m&b a C- and DFUW a B for melee.

Archery/magic DFUW gets an A+, everything else gets an F

You are saying that DFUW combat is better than Mount and Blade? Have you even played Mount and Blade? I think if you had, you wouldn't say that. I only wish that an MMO would come out with a M&B style combat.

I'd go with this as well, DFUW melee is pretty laughable really from my experience and hence in my opinion.

The fundamental problem here is just because someone enjoys a combat style, does not necessarily make it good, its just good for that person and vice versa.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• PsYcHoGBRPsYcHoGBR Member UncommonPosts: 482

So whats the estimated time on this game going free to play ? :P

On a more serious note I would like to try this game before buying.

• KrytycalKrytycal Member Posts: 520
    Haven't played the game either, but I do agree the combat looks clunky and retarded to the unfamiliar viewer. The terrible animations, poor hit detection and lack of combat sfx certainly don't help either. It feels like a game that was made 15 years ago, even by MMO standards. It is enough to make me hesitant to blow $30 on it. Lets hope they do free trials/weekends soon so I can see if it plays better than it looks.
  • AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    This is kind of set up to elicit negative feedback. Not saying that it's intentionally so, but it's rather baiting, especially after declaring you haven't played the game. Locking it up.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.