Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] World of Darkness: Pulling Back the Veil

124»

Comments

• whilanwhilan Member UncommonPosts: 3,472

One of the few times I'm actually intestered in a PVP game (where I might actually take part in PVP because it makes sense for that world) the only other one I can think of where I choose a PVP server was Matrix online.

As for Sandbox, those are always fun, but this part is what caught my eye: "the areas they control will change to reflect the personality and traits of their rulers." This is something i wish SWTOR had done as they had the morphing tech already (character turned pale and eyes went red if you were dark side), Oh well. I will be keeping an eye out for that to see what that entails.

I'll put this back on my list of games to look forward to (which is sadly a very short list) which now include: World of Darkness and Dreamfall Chapters.

I liked EvE online don't get me wrong, I just couldn't get past the avatar is a ship thing, I didn't mind the spreadsheet thing or the PvP.  So hopefully with this being vamps or whatever else they bring up, I won't have any issues in that regard.

PS. Hello again guys, still actively playing SWTOR but keeping my eye out for new games as always (incase anyone was wondering)

Help me Bioware, you're my only hope.

Is ToR going to be good? Dude it's Bioware making a freaking star wars game, all signs point to awesome. -G4tv MMo report.

• RavingRabbidRavingRabbid Member UncommonPosts: 1,168
    Looking forward to this game! Dont know if Im gonna roll a tremere or gangrel 1st.

All my opinions are just that..opinions. If you like my opinions..coolness.If you dont like my opinion....I really dont care.
    Playing: ESO, WOT, Smite, and Marvel Heroes

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Not interested in the least. I thought the pen and paper games were garbage, and the live action crowd were just Wierd. The universe i found boring and overdone.

maybe they will add a sparkly clan of vampires that sparkle in sunlight.

• KelgarVlondettKelgarVlondett Member UncommonPosts: 4
    Originally posted by Scottyak

I just hope it really is the world of darkness and not Vampire the Masquerade Online.

Werewolf the Apocalypse or GTFO.

I would really like to see the werewolves at launch, but as long as they are going to be in there I'll definitely buy this game; though since I want to play as a werewolf I'll have to wait probably :(

• leoo88556leoo88556 Member Posts: 135
    Originally posted by orbitxo

yet too early to comment ,but i will.

Love ccp- but this?...Leave it to Funcom=TSW rules! nothing else will impress me.

they should of focused on making a 'walking eve-online'  with all factions=unfortunately PS3 highjacked it.

TSW is great, but it's not social enough for me, hell even gw2 is more social than that game... Its an awesome experience with all the story plot, skill system, clothing system, graphics, dongeons... they nailed everything EXCEPT the social espect! It's basically a single player game with PvP, dungeons and raids. On the other hand while WoD is gonna have PvE elements, it's still a society driven game and for me that's all I want.

• EvolvedMonkyEvolvedMonky Member Posts: 549

If your reading this CCP do not reinvent the wheel. Imporve upon what you did in eve. 

Im glad to hear feeding isnt cheesy where you beat up on a npc then hit the feed ability and thats it.  

• PunkrePunkre Member Posts: 92

I really hope they don't put in Werewolves, at least not from the start, everything gets really messy in WoD the more races you add into a game, so I can only imagine the way the game would play out with other races would just be terrible in a videogame. Plus each race makes humans feel less and less like they are the highest population in the game (which they are supposed to be.) 

Plus Werewolves were kinda shottly done in WoD to begin with, since most of the tribes are just weird or pointless and their are way way too many specialities (now choose what moon you were born under, now choose if you were born as a human wolf or metis, now tribe...) Then they had that whole failed attempt at ranking system and powers that had no connection to original werewolves what so ever (because werewolves randomly deal with spirits in their lore.) 

They should just make it simple, start off with Cam clans and Caitiff then add in the ability to go Anarch, possibly Independant clans, then in the Expansion add in Sabbot. 

• QullexQullex Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by itchmon

btw... has anyone else noticed that in eve, everything operates on a 5-"dot" system just like WoD?  and that characters advance in eve by spending SP (EXP) by purchasing more "dots" in skills?  and that each "dot" is progressively more expensive than the previous?  And eve came out in '03.... i wonder how long the CCP devs were thinking about WoD?

Back when I was playing EVE I was playing VtM offline with friends. I noticed this too as well as some nods to VtM in Blood Raider lore. I wondered if CCP were fans of White Wolf. Then they bought White Wolf. Kinda answered my question.

• ksternalksternal Member UncommonPosts: 85
    Really looking forward to this game. And very happy its the people who made EvE are the same ones that are in charge of making this game because I trust them not to put it out till its ready unlock Bioware with SWTOR which should of been held back additional year.
  • dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362
    Originally posted by leoo88556

Love ccp- but this?...Leave it to Funcom=TSW rules! nothing else will impress me.

they should of focused on making a 'walking eve-online'  with all factions=unfortunately PS3 highjacked it. 

TSW is great, but it's not social enough for me, hell even gw2 is more social than that game... Its an awesome experience with all the story plot, skill system, clothing system, graphics, dongeons... they nailed everything EXCEPT the social espect! It's basically a single player game with PvP, dungeons and raids. On the other hand while WoD is gonna have PvE elements, it's still a society driven game and for me that's all I want.

Much as I like TSW, I've no idea why it got dragged in here: even in its best parts, it's a themepark built around a dev-created story & to do WoD that way would be (a) a waste of the IP and (b) about the last thing I'd expect from CCP.

Will be interesting to see how the player politics of VtM get translated into an MMO format.

• IshkalIshkal Member UncommonPosts: 304
    Can't wait
  • PunkrePunkre Member Posts: 92

I think what most people don't realize is that Vt:M is a social based game at its heart, clans like Toreador, Ventrue are the dominant powers and the most feared, while gangrel and brujah are some of the weakest clans.

Also TSW is nothing like WoD, not even on a concept point of view. The only people that might get these ideas confused that they are related are dimwitted corperate types that might help finance the game: So they would be told: "its like the politics of EvE, with the asthetics of TSW, with a unique set of social and physical combat."

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605

Anyone else feel like CCP made a big mistake by focusing on a shooter instead of this?

By the time World of Darkness releases the market will already be flooded with sandbox MMOs.

If they had released this in 2013 they would have stayed ahead of the curve.

• darker70darker70 Member UncommonPosts: 804
    Originally posted by Pie_Rat

Anyone else feel like CCP made a big mistake by focusing on a shooter instead of this?

By the time World of Darkness releases the market will already be flooded with sandbox MMOs.

If they had released this in 2013 they would have stayed ahead of the curve.

Yeah Why on earth they put time into Dust instead of this is a complete mystery and with PS4 non compatible with PS3 where does it leave Dust owners if they upgrade to PS4 in the lurch it seems, it was a bold move but CPP should stick to what they are good at imo.

p>
  • ArakaziArakazi Member UncommonPosts: 911
    Before you all get too excited, it's still up to question if this game will be released at all.
  • DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
  • HolyfleadipHolyfleadip Member Posts: 67

cloak vampire?  I think mind freeze, mind control would fit better, but it's still good.  They hit the main point.  Vampires should be stealthy and the dark world is perfect for a chill game.  I can't wait for a change from the fantasy DRAGON games.  This game should NOT be flashy.  I do want WS, but this could be such a great change.

However, I don't see this out for 4 or more years.  CCP doesn't move fast.  /sigh

I would love to see the Wwolves, vampaneze, blood starved vampires (movie DayBreakers)  and soul possessing demons, but more than that.... let's have a part of the world bathed in light.  The players are playing vamps and such... let the game have an NPC race of humans and angels fighting us.

• swedagoswedago Member UncommonPosts: 78
    Waiting for more info.  With the last batch of MMO releases with great anticipation I have been utterly....  I hope their business model does not let me down.
  • zhor2395zhor2395 Member UncommonPosts: 1
    Originally posted by zipzap

you do know that white wolf (the creator is Vampire The Masquerade and Bloodlines) are also wokring on this? games that are the base for WoD and games that are way older then even TSW?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Wolf_Publishing

YOu Do know that CCP effectively owns White Wolf now right?

space really does crease when you fold it

• HodoHodo Member Posts: 542
    Originally posted by Urvan
    Originally posted by Qullex
    Originally posted by Scottyak

Werewolf the Apocalypse or GTFO.

Last they said, they were starting with VtM and vanilla humans. Others would be added later.

Funny cus I coudl have sworn I heard they were gonna have werewolves as well.  I do hope so as I only wish to play a werewolf.

I dont like leeches, I dont play a leech, and I cant stand them.  Shadow Lord all the way.

So much crap, so little quality.

• Harlequin_SHarlequin_S Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by M1sf1t
    I need a video of this demo. 

We have a partial video of the presentation on our front page at wodnews.net however the in-game aspect of the video is NOT going to be released per WoD MMO producer.

-Harlequin
    Admin of World of Darkness News
    http://www.wodnews.net

• LhunLhun Member Posts: 19

everyone is looking for the gameplay video: 

here's a small part of it someone leaked http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=APJGC_yXq5c the look of the game runs at about 7 minutes in. They're explaining the new engine.

FFXI - EVE-Online
    Waiting for: Aion...

• SonshouSonshou Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Originally posted by sketocafe

Forever mortal, staking bloodsuckers all night erry night.

Sure, just stake Vampires and use unicorn blood in transfusions to turn Vampires in Humans again... It will be fun to see how long you last in WoD.

Better learn about its lore.