Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Do you think there are parts of Azeroth that were made to resemble locations in the real world?

Do you think there are parts of Azeroth that were made to resemble locations in the real world? I am looking for help to see if places of Azeroth resemble locations that are around you or places that you have visited. I want to see if the creators of World of Warcraft wanted to make certain areas of Azeroth resemble places of the world to make the game seem more memorable to people.

Cartographer94

Comments

• RaklenRaklen Member Posts: 11
    Yes I do believe so.
  • BookahBookah Member UncommonPosts: 260

interesting thought, any examples?

I live in Maine which most of the year resembles Northrend :)

• equinoxsolarequinoxsolar Member Posts: 18

No.

Ntional stereotypes yes - actual real world locations no.

• VolgoreVolgore Member EpicPosts: 3,872
    Not exactly resembling the real world, but some say the Ungoro Crater is based on the Ngorongoro Crater.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035

Resemble?  Yes.  Shimmering Flats pre-Cata modeled after the salt flats in the US.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
  • TheHavokTheHavok Member UncommonPosts: 2,423
    I read somewhere that South Shore, the Alliance hub is based on Lake Tahoe.
  • ghostfaeriesghostfaeries Member UncommonPosts: 89
    I've heard of different things in WoW relating to real life a couple times but not specific zones.
  • Cartographer94Cartographer94 Member Posts: 5
    I have been looking around and so far I have found that the northern barrens resemble the serengeti but other thant that i have yet to find areas that are very similar to other places.

Cartographer94