Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

whats with the greed ?

Comments

• AethaerynAethaeryn Member RarePosts: 3,149
    Originally posted by mightyfc

holy shit just reached 30 and just the costs from removing /attaching gemsso far is bringing me on my knees

its like 3-4k  Ad to remove a rank 1 gem, and you can get 10k ad per day... had a r3 gem that costed me 9k!! to remove when i switched gear, 1 day for 1 gem... what ? ive already used up almost 650k ad (now take that and divide by 10k per day) on various shit

and no fuckin ad from quests yet just gold wich is of little to no use , just a few pots and shit, some worthless gear that ull find better before you can use anyhow

if you dont buy your AD that is

epic fail imminent

I think for a casual player maybe it won't be so bad. . You seem to have leveled pretty quickly and will need to use more AD at a faster rate than someone who plays less often.   Maybe I am wrong and a casual player would get less AD.  It seems to me that they ahve limited the daily conversion so people who play very hard core might have to pay more.  

Wa min God! Se æx on min heafod is!

• waynejr2waynejr2 Member EpicPosts: 7,769
    Originally posted by Shadowguy64

I don't have sound at work to be certain, but I think this video is appropriate here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgxzjrodNvI

This could be appropriate too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=M7HJH0IH3dc

http://www.youhaventlived.com/qblog/2010/QBlog190810A.html  

Epic Music:   https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vAigCvelkhQ&list=PLo9FRw1AkDuQLEz7Gvvaz3ideB2NpFtT1

https://archive.org/details/softwarelibrary_msdos?&sort=-downloads&page=1

Kyleran:  "Now there's the real trick, learning to accept and enjoy a game for what it offers rather than pass on what might be a great playing experience because it lacks a few features you prefer."

John Henry Newman: "A man would do nothing if he waited until he could do it so well that no one could find fault."

FreddyNoNose:  "A good game needs no defense; a bad game has no defense." "Easily digested content is just as easily forgotten."

LacedOpium: "So the question that begs to be asked is, if you are not interested in the game mechanics that define the MMORPG genre, then why are you playing an MMORPG?"

• sibs4455sibs4455 Member UncommonPosts: 369

Playing a level 39 cleric, I just leave the talisman in the item when i sell it.

As to buying any stuff of the ah, well there is no need too for the game is so easy, no deaths up to now and breezed through all content.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538

I would imagine the good foundry designers will make decent ADs.

My philosophy is to tip if its a good foundry AND I am doing the daily.  Im getting 1k, i can toss out 50.  Im sure Im not the only one that does this.

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265
    Originally posted by JeroKane

Unless you enjoy spending 30 minutes and a ton of health pots per boss encounter. lol.

This mmo has challenging gameplay? Ewww, we don't want that now do we...

• GrailerGrailer Member UncommonPosts: 893
    This game makes me miss playing RIFT .
  • winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

holy shit just reached 30 and just the costs from removing /attaching gemsso far is bringing me on my knees

its like 3-4k  Ad to remove a rank 1 gem, and you can get 10k ad per day... had a r3 gem that costed me 9k!! to remove when i switched gear, 1 day for 1 gem... what ? ive already used up almost 650k ad (now take that and divide by 10k per day) on various shit

and no fuckin ad from quests yet just gold wich is of little to no use , just a few pots and shit, some worthless gear that ull find better before you can use anyhow

epic fail imminent

So what you're saying is because the AD isn't flowing like a river the developers are greedy? Stop wasting all your AD on so much random junk. Save the AD for better things. Have some self-control on your ingame wallet. You'd probably complain if gold wasn't dropping fast enough to pay for every last piece of equipment you needed.

You need to learn that you'll have to make choices with the money you're getting. If you spend 10k a day and you only get 10k a day who's fault is it that you wasted it all on removing 1 gem from your gear? 

jesus lord christ and his 7 apostles... .. did you play ?, did you bother to fuse gems ?

all im saying is that its fuckin epic expensive , bags are just as bad if not worse, for what other reason than greed is stuff like this really fuckin expnsive .. its a vital gameplay mechanic, having 2 decent gems will give you as much extra stats as 4 pieces of gear....

the slots start to show up at 18+ basicly you cant afford to move 1 gem if you havent bought a starter kit or ad before that

its an obvious greed move.. beyond obvious, if you cant see that im just sorry for you, the big companys already own your mind.

Ummm maybe its to pay the programmers, artist, and developers that have worked on this game for the last 4 years and contibue to do so? nah they all work for free right, maybe its to keep the game online line so people lie you can download and play it for free, nah. Eveyone knows MMO's are made for pennies, just for your entertainment.

Seroiusly  some people put no thought at all into their post or just live to bitch and moan. I'll take my ban now and spend the time away from MMORPG.com playing

• winterwinter Member UncommonPosts: 2,281
    Originally posted by bestever
    Originally posted by Grinnz

level 30 myself, and still have over 500k AD from my GON founders pack( only spent AD to speed up crafting)....have level 2-3 gems in every item nearly....

I don't bother unslotting gems, since they drop so often...take kits with you nearly every resource node carries runes. Don't know why you would spend AD on much of anything other than speeding stuff up oh and ID scrolls...

i get what you are saying, but when using +4-+5 gems you kinda want to remove em

and looking at the progression it seems r2-3 is for lvl 25ish and r4 30+, its getting expensive real fast and you got no option but to buy with real money to keep up if you wanna have a fine tuned toon

Not true. Just combine the lower ones into the better ones. Take four level +1 and turn them into a level +2. Then you can take four +2's and turn them into a +3. Its seems to me that you just want it now and complain its expensive when its not just play the game and get the things you need. It will take time but it you want it faster then pay. Just hold on to the low end stones and fuse them into the better ones, thats what I do.

I have 450k AD started with 650k. I've sold stuff to get back up to 650k. The only thing I've spent money on is bag space and bank space.

true this. some people just don't take the time to THINK things through and the whole gotta have it now so i can finish the gme in 2 weeks mentality is what empowers the cash shops.  But then its always easier to QQ and say the developers are greedy bastrads then actually think things through and maybe control ones own impulse spending. The entitlement generation never takes any blame for thier actions its always someone elses fault.

• dansimonsdansimons Member UncommonPosts: 5
    Originally posted by Korlos

epic fail imminent

You don't have to remove them just put the better one in and it will destroy the old one.

You can refine up to 24,000 Rough Astral diamond per day.

Selling things on the auction house is a good way to earn refined Astral Diamonds.

They "can" be purchased with real money but it's not required. 

Other than that, the game is still new and costs may be tweaked if they are too high. 

Relax

Korlos, how do you sell things at the auction house?  I have only so far seen optioons to buy items, not sell anything.

• JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187
    I'm level 49 and I still have my starting 600k + several thousand more. I saw no reason at all to socket anything until cap. So I have upgraded and saved mine until I have gear that will last more than 2 lvls. 
  • dmm02dmm02 Member UncommonPosts: 40
    Originally posted by Jyiiga
    I'm level 49 and I still have my starting 600k + several thousand more. I saw no reason at all to socket anything until cap. So I have upgraded and saved mine until I have gear that will last more than 2 lvls. 

this i have yet to socket anything either i just save em and fuse them. 38 rogue here. Honestly if something is hard skip it there is plenty of easy content here no need to waste money on gear u are going to toss in a few

• CernanCernan Member UncommonPosts: 360
    I'm only level 22, but about all my gear has sockets now.  I've seen no need to constantly use up all my gems, especially trying to combine them  to +3 and +4.  I started fusing some after realizing how fast I change gear I decided to use only +1 on greens or maybe +2 enchant on blues.  Just like everyone else admits, gear drops so easily.  Why waste good enchants when you are just going to switch gear so much.  That's your own fault.  Look at the other people posting about being 40+.  You level way to fast to constantly be switching out gems.   Others gave you tips.  Buy kits, explore and use them all up.  You should easily find the enchants.  Don't waste a +4 enchant on a level 30 item you will replace in 24-48 hours.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Boldyn

Unless you enjoy spending 30 minutes and a ton of health pots per boss encounter. lol.

This mmo has challenging gameplay? Ewww, we don't want that now do we...

If gimping yourself on purpose is called challenging gameplay these days and beating onto a mob senselessly for over 30 minutes, just because you have gimped gear and stats is called challenging gameplay these days.

People have come to seriously lowered standards these days about what challenging gameplay is. /Shrug

Here is the latest revalation: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?181661-Want-Enchantment-Effects-Get-out-your-wallet

If people still cannot believe that it's PWE pulling the strings and not Cryptic. Then naivity has reached a new high.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Here is the latest revalation: http://nw-forum.perfectworld.com/showthread.php?181661-Want-Enchantment-Effects-Get-out-your-wallet

If people still cannot believe that it's PWE pulling the strings and not Cryptic. Then naivity has reached a new high.

Your argument is kinda negated by all the people claiming that getting a lot of AD makes this possible without spending any money.  Sure it will take time, but all MMOs have something that requires time to get, and since it is free, you don't exactly have to be paying a subscription to play to get the AD.

Is it annoying that the prices are high?  Yes.  But should people really be complaining about it since there are viable alternatives to spending money that only take a few days to get the equivalent?  No.  Now if the alternative took an insanely long amount of time or if there was no alternative, I would understand the complaints, but right now, all I see is just shallow people complaining that they can't get instant gratification in a game that is free to download and free to play, but still needs money to maintain, develop, and improve.  Want to complain about something, go back in time, play Allods when their cash shop was implemented, and complain about that.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

Originally posted by MadDemon64

Your argument is kinda negated by all the people claiming that getting a lot of AD makes this possible without spending any money.  Sure it will take time, but all MMOs have something that requires time to get, and since it is free, you don't exactly have to be paying a subscription to play to get the AD.

Is it annoying that the prices are high?  Yes.  But should people really be complaining about it since there are viable alternatives to spending money that only take a few days to get the equivalent?  No.  Now if the alternative took an insanely long amount of time or if there was no alternative, I would understand the complaints, but right now, all I see is just shallow people complaining that they can't get instant gratification in a game that is free to download and free to play, but still needs money to maintain, develop, and improve.  Want to complain about something, go back in time, play Allods when their cash shop was implemented, and complain about that.

LOL! Have you even read through this topic and seen people's calculations and "real money" costs?

PWE is really not that far off anymore compared to gPotato when it comes to money grabs.

If you think that 1% success rate is "reasonable".... I just don't know what to say.

But whatever.

• moosecatlolmoosecatlol Member RarePosts: 1,530

epic fail imminent

Enchanting gear does not cost astral diamonds, removing enchants does. You never remove enchants while leveling, you simply sell the gear and equip higher level gear.

However if greed doesn't kill the game, I'm willing to bet developer incompetence will.

Oh well, killing time till Blade & Soul reaches North America.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117

Ok first off. I've only played to level 5 so I don't have much Experiance at all with this game. But I must say, by reading the OP and responses it sounds to me more along the lines that the OP and several others honestly are just impatient. In many of the P2P games I have played it takes time to get geared up. Ok there are some games like WOW that throws the buckets of gear at you.  However the game hasn't even officially launched yet, its still in Open beta and we have people bitching and whining that in order for them to have gear fast they have to pay money. I mean seriously. Nahh the devs don't sound greedy.  Alot of players just sound like spoiled brats that have everything handed to them.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

LOL! Have you even read through this topic and seen people's calculations and "real money" costs?

PWE is really not that far off anymore compared to gPotato when it comes to money grabs.

If you think that 1% success rate is "reasonable".... I just don't know what to say.

But whatever.

Um, yes.  Yes I did.  The question is, did you read it and actually pay attention to each and every single one.

And suuure PWE is not much better than gPotato when it comes to money.  That is why PWE offers you alternatives to buying cash shop cash and gPotato does not (wait, wouldn't that make PWE much better?)

Also, if you think that I though that a "1% success rate is 'reasonable'", then you obviously didn't pay attention to my post, which really makes me question whether or not you actually paid attention to the thread you linked.

But whatever.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• SagasaintSagasaint Member UncommonPosts: 466

And suuure PWE is not much better than gPotato when it comes to money.  That is why PWE offers you alternatives to buying cash shop cash and gPotato does not (wait, wouldn't that make PWE much better?)

actually it makes them worse in my book, becaue what they'r selling is simply false hopes. their alternative is no real alternative if you think about it for about a second

the calcs are there. I even made them, but to save you time I'll repost them here

42 days of full 24k ADs per day equal 2100 Zen

so basically, if you play monday to sunday not even missing a single day to hook with your gf, family, friends or due to illness (quite unlikely) and always manage to get to the cap of ADs per day (even more unlikely), your looking at almost one month and a half just to get 1 bag and 1 bank space, something that is absolutly free, menial and worthless in practically every other MMO on the market right now

1 bag and 1 bank space is the absolute minimum you should get by endgame unless you want to exercise your patience to superhuman levels, because the game makes sure to throw you all kind of junk all the time, unID items and  dozens of different runes of varying ranks just for the simple reason of cluttering up as much space as humanly possible.

if you factor in things like the clearly better companions, the fast mounts, the rest of bags and bank space, respecs and lets not even mention the wards to protect your enchantment effects, your easily looking at years worth of MASSIVE grind solely dedicated to circumvent the many inconveniences purposedly placed in your way. 

and all that, under the false premise of getting the full 24k per day. the average casual player wont see returns much higher than 6k-8k per day, so multiple the above x3.

at least gPotato is honest, it costs money but they dont throw you in an endless, pointless  hamster wheel that will drain out your endurance and sanity way before your half way to achieving your goal

• kriminal66kriminal66 Member UncommonPosts: 82
    On the other hand google earn zen.
  • udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

Don't bother removing teir 1 and 2 enchantments just mush them with the gear.  They are not worth the AD cost.  I'm only putting tier 2 ones on gear for now because I'm replacing it so fast.  They drop like candy once you hit 30 or so.

Gold is worthless in the game except for buying basic crafting items, skill kits and maybe potions if you spam them a lot.

The AD earning rate sucks.  Even if you earn the cap for rough AD's a day which I have not yet done once (I have come close a few days) it would take 4 mouths of doing that every day to earn enough AD's to buy a purple companion.  Unless you are farming gear out of dungeons and selling that (those prices are going to crash btw once more people hit cap) there really is no resonable way to avoid buying AD's for ZEN (real money).

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    So don't play. End of story.

• ThreshThresh Member Posts: 52

Some epic arguments here and there, such as "Dont play" image

Or even better fanboyism from the thread linked above.

"Want to repaint my house for free? You can wash my car afterwards and mow my lawn every week too while you're at it. Why don't you buy me a cup of coffee on the way over from Starbucks too and as a tip, i'll give you a bit of advice: F2P is F2P.You want to respec but can't afford zen OK, here's a little secret:

Dont buy what you can't afford

Have fun with that while you're painting my house" image

$210 per item slot for a greater enchant is surely a great pricing strategy, and don't expect it to stay that low, once majority hits cap and starts farming epics(saturated market), AD is going to depreciate hard compared to zen.

"It's worth noting that after you fuse 4 shards into a lesser enchantment, 4 of those fuse into a regular one, and 4 regulars fuse into a greater. All told, you need 21 coalescent wards to get a greater. That's looking at $210 for enough wards for 1 enchantment."

• najinbuunajinbuu Member Posts: 4

you dont unslot. its a waste of AD. you keep getting stuff anyway. only use unslot for purps

also, gold is far from useless. you need potions, and gold is the only way to buy them and kits for salvaging.

AD is earned by selling stuff, and by doing various things like your professions, your daiies and such. You can only earn 10k ad per day this way, but the market will always regulate itself because of the closed nature of the economy.

youll always have enough AD for what you want if you keep playing the game the way it is meant to