Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

onlinemmo pvp focused game

takedownztakedownz Member Posts: 4

Hi guys, im looking for a new pvp focused game. Doesn't have to be an mmorpg, can be just a multiplayer game.

Here the games i've played and enjoyed:

• Lineage 2 - played for 2 years that was my first mmorpg. Absolutely love open world pvp, pk, politics and dramas between clans and overall pvp content. But hate endless grind, balance issues and overall pve content.
  • PlaneSide 2 - awesome game, playing it from time to time now but i feel like there are lack of content in the game, so it fits more hop into quick battle play for an hour or two and logoff playstyle. Nothing to do besides that.
  • League of Legends - playing it currently for 1 year. Amazing game - no grind, pure pvp, good balance, honest f2p not pay to win but im getting a little tired of the game and awful community.
  • Team Fortress 2 - played it for sometime, super fun game but i feel like i played it enough for now.
  • Left 4 Dead 2 - awesome game as well but same as team fortress 2 i played it enough for a while.
Games i've tried and didn't like:
  • WoW - feels outdated and didn't hooked me up at all
  • Path of Exile - i'm not really into diablo-type games, game looks nice but in the end it just endless repetitve grind without much goal. PvP is bad.
  • EVE - not my setting and game feels too complicated
  • Guild Wars 2 - tried it during free trial, looks nice but from what i understand  it still 80% dull grind, dumb quests and just running around the map and maybe 20% pvp. 
Ok i guess i'm looking for something like a Lineage and League but without dull grind and excessive pve. I'm not against pve completely as long as there goal in it(better lvls and better equip for advantage in pvp) and it is not dull(dumb repetitive kill 1000 monsters quests) and it doesn't take ages to get farmed and equiped. Although grind in lineage was horrible people would fight for best spots, you can get ganked by enemy clan or Pkers and thats what was make it tolerable and exciting.
I like controls like in league and lineage where you controlling hero with mouse(not wsad) and skills bound to keyboard.  I want some mathcrafting and theorycrafting with items and stats, clasess(what is best way to beat certain class etc.) but nothing overcomplicated. PvP is mandatory.
Thanks in advance!

Comments

• DraGzielDraGziel Member UncommonPosts: 67
    I would have suggested Aion or Tera for the open pvp but you said that you wanted point n click movement. Try Cabal. I remember that game was quite good. Its pretty old though
  • wmada2kwmada2k Member UncommonPosts: 193

Go for Mortal Online for a real FFA, full loot, PvP mmorpg!

Its F2P and you will get your skills up quickly to be able to really "test" it to see if you like it or not.

Dont believe the haters - try it out for yourself! :)

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Well you mentioned ps2

The others would be eve, age of wushu and darkfall when the iron the bugs out

Tribes is worth playing too, but not a mmo.
    Oh and counterstrike:go
  • codifier1codifier1 Member Posts: 8
    I think you might like Aion, but EU version is terrible compared to NA because NA is completely free, EU is very restricted.
  • takedownztakedownz Member Posts: 4

Originally posted by DraGziel
    I would have suggested Aion or Tera for the open pvp but you said that you wanted point n click movement. Try Cabal. I remember that game was quite good. Its pretty old though

Originally posted by wmada2k

Its F2P and you will get your skills up quickly to be able to really "test" it to see if you like it or not.

I've tried Cabal before, didn't like it much. Tera is unavailable in my region, i've tried aion on release but didn't get hooked up as well. Maybe i will give it a try again but both games feels grindy from what i've read in reviews.

Mortal Online seems interesting i give it a try - thanks!

Yeah aion is too much about gear to be a decent pvp mmo
  • A1D3NA1D3N Member UncommonPosts: 276
    age of wushu is good pvp and got crafting and housing

Currently Playing:
    ...... :(

Originally posted by A1D3N
    age of wushu is good pvp and got crafting and housing

Looks cool and a lot of positive review as well! I give it a try - thanks!

• MeltdownZAMeltdownZA Member Posts: 15

Check out Darkfall : Unholy Wars

It launched a week or two ago, has great open-world PVP and sounds exactly what you're looking for.

monstertruckracingarenas.com

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    Starcraft 2 maybe? Sadly very few mulitplayers worth mentioning these days. At least ones you might play for more then a few days.
  • DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by wmada2k

Believe the haters... lol

Picked up starcraft if anyone curious.

After watching pvp videos from modern MMOs i just figure out there is no good pvp in them. 

If anyone  looking for something similar to my requirements good pvp only in shooters(plently of them CS, PS2, TF2 etc), mobas(dota, lol) and rts(sc2, maybe new CoH).

• MMOman101MMOman101 Member UncommonPosts: 1,786
    age of wushu, I did not like it but you might. 

β€œIt's unwise to pay too much, but it's worse to pay too little. When you pay too much, you lose a little money - that's all. When you pay too little, you sometimes lose everything, because the thing you bought was incapable of doing the thing it was bought to do. The common law of business balance prohibits paying a little and getting a lot - it can't be done. If you deal with the lowest bidder, it is well to add something for the risk you run, and if you do that you will have enough to pay for something better.”

--John Ruskin

Takedownz
    Ps2 IS A MMO, its also a fps too, but it doesn't stop it being a mmo.
  • filmoretfilmoret Member EpicPosts: 4,906

Try these.

4story

DKonline

Aurora World    

All three of these are RVR open world pvp and all three of them concentrate heavily upon the pvp system.  I'm trying all three right now just haven't settled yet.

Are you onto something or just on something?
  • VerielVeriel Member Posts: 12

Panzar is awesome.

The only problem is the low playerbase, after you reach level 10 it takes long to find a match. Otherwise I really like it.

• SirBalinSirBalin Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by DraGziel

OMFG you just said Tera for owpvp?  Lmao...most that left tera left because the lack of owpvp...you hit 60 and there is no reason to even go in the open world...to many safezones.

Incognito
    www.incognito-gaming.us
    "You're either with us or against us"