Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

PlanetSide 2: Largest Game Update Since Launch Deployed

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Sony Online Entertainment has announced that PlanetSide 2 has been updated with the largest patch since launch. Included in the update are new vehicles, sci-fi inspired helmets and special decals in honor of Cinco de Mayo.

Sony Online Entertainment has released a new vehicle that may turn the tides in the Auraxian War -- The Harasser Assault Buggy. The Harasser is a speedy armored assault buggy that plays a dual role as both a troop transport and strike vehicle. This 3-man vehicle carries a dedicated driver, a gunner who has access to a top mounted 360 degree turret, and a rumble seat which can hold any infantry class, including a MAX.

Read all of the details on the PlanetSide 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • SignexSignex Member UncommonPosts: 318

I stopped playing this game, always get harrassed by someone i accidently teamkilled with a turret.

Now i have a new monitor i might hop back in. :)

I love the graphics, downsampling makes the game look so much better.

AMD Ryzen 5800X3D - Gigabyte Aorus RTX 3080 10G Master - 16GB RAM
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    The biggest update would be the introduction of alerts a few weeks back
    The new 3 man buggy adds to the game though,good for hit and run attacks
    Next updates a bigun too, change the maps to the hex system.
  • mmoguy43mmoguy43 Member UncommonPosts: 2,770
    Haven't played in a while but really really want to get back into this game and with each big update it is kind of hard to not to. Did anyone know that they added the virtual training sim area to test all the new weapons? And coming soon is outfit progression and another map? Can't wait.
  • SelfDestructProSelfDestructPro Member UncommonPosts: 323
    This article is misleading.  The harasser is definitely not the biggest update since launch.  How about the game update with all the base changes?  There was a lot going on with that update.
  • LanczLancz Member UncommonPosts: 8

I've enjoyed the game since release.  Performance had been an issue but I finally got a new pc and it's running  a lot better.  They could have long time success if they can avoid pissing off their playerbase too much.  This is SOE of course so I'm not holding my breath.  I would also prefer to have more ideas from PS1 brought into the game.  Not everyone is a fast twitch player and the old engi and cloaker could creep around at their own pace.

I realize  SOE needs to make money but their tactics for doing so in the cash shop have been pretty shady.  For instace, releasing a weapon that is OP, and either nerfing it or releasing a better version weeks down the road.  Or putting a weapon on the daily sale that is going to be nerfed in the upcomming game update...  They did this with the flash fury and instead of nerfing the fury decided to push it back a patch.  Then everyone will just forget right?

I really want this game to succeed but really wish the focus of SOE was in the order of making enough money to be successful, having a game that is fun and balanced and having happy players.  It seems the focus is make as much cash as possible while only pissing the players off just enough that they keep playing.  SOE is walking a fine line.

• TweFojuTweFoju Member UncommonPosts: 1,235
    stopped a while ago, it was fun while it lasted, but definitely going to pop back anytime just to kill my afternoon at work :)

So What Now?

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Really wished they brang back the deployable galaxies.....Was really psyked to be a galaxy pilot and drop people into action

Pitty all the articles i was reading were old news and the 'nerf' was already in place before i started playing...

So apparently nobody now flys them seriously..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• JoyBoy80JoyBoy80 Member UncommonPosts: 23
    PS2 is on its way to be just as good as PS and this is a nice patch keep them coming !
  • DarkVagabondDarkVagabond Member UncommonPosts: 340
    Its a lot fairer these days, experience gain is easily ten times quicker if you have even the most modest FPS skill. Getting 200 certs a day by participating in about two alerts and working with a big squad is extremely easy.
  • KravisKravis Member UncommonPosts: 186
    Originally posted by mmoguy43
    Haven't played in a while but really really want to get back into this game and with each big update it is kind of hard to not to. Did anyone know that they added the virtual training sim area to test all the new weapons? And coming soon is outfit progression and another map? Can't wait.

Yes, the VR was added.