Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

[Preview] World of Darkness: Pulling Back the Veil

Comments

• VorthanionVorthanion Laguna Vista, TXPosts: 2,119Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by apocoluster
    Lol clan based Pvp in the world of darkness. So uh who's gonna play the Toreador or the Salubri. Gonna me more Gangrels and Brujah then grins of sand on a beach.

....and the nosferatu.  Sneaky, mysterious and they horrify even their own brother clans.

Originally posted by Loke666
    Originally posted by orbitxo

yet too early to comment ,but i will.

Love ccp- but this?...Leave it to Funcom=TSW rules! nothing else will impress me.

they should of focused on making a 'walking eve-online'  with all factions=unfortunately PS3 highjacked it.

A World of darkness MMO should be based on the mechanics from the pen and paper RPGs, nothing else and that is what CCP is doing. If you think that sounds just like TSW you really need to do your homework, WoDO will be nothing like TSW.

And not using Eves mechanics with some slight modification is the right thing to do here, just repeating past successes and hope it will work as well is something companies like EA sports fo, not a great idea.

I have been waiting a long time for someone to really translate a pen and paper RPG into a MMO, besides a few D&D versions we have nothing like that and there are plenty of better P&P systems than D&D.

The best thing with CCP is that they dont copy everyone else, or for that matter themselves.

No one has done right by the D&D franchise since the SSI Gold box series of games.

• VincerKadenVincerKaden Edison, NJPosts: 457Member
    Looking forward to learning more about this one. I'm a fan of the IP already. Thanks for whetting my appetite.

• winterwinter El Paso, TXPosts: 2,276Member Uncommon

Love ccp- but this?...Leave it to Funcom=TSW rules! nothing else will impress me.

they should of focused on making a 'walking eve-online'  with all factions=unfortunately PS3 highjacked it.

Somehow I can see CCP making a vampire game that requires spread sheets, and where for years their expansions are base on walking/flying/jumping the terrain (ie eve's still working on flying in space)

Maybe CCP will even be so kinda as to make it a PS3 only game, in the end I figure they will censor it till its just all violence, because we all know in MMO's that murder and killing is good but sex is da evil.

• winterwinter El Paso, TXPosts: 2,276Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Acidon
    Originally posted by Vlacke
    I am looking forward to this, the setting is perfect and after all Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines was one of the finest RPG's of all time in my opinion.

I'm actually playing that, yet again, at the moment.  Had never played a Tremere through it so that's what I'm doing. 

To the person saying the world will be full of Gangrel and Brujah - I just have one thing to say.  Malkavian.  =)

Take your time CCP.  Been waiting years, can wait a couple more. 

with any luck CCP will have it out in alittle under the next 10 years. Dust still need alot of work and EvE of course is their bread and butter so To them WoD is a dead last something to do when they have nothing better

Originally posted by winter
    I am looking forward to this, the setting is perfect and after all Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines was one of the finest RPG's of all time in my opinion.

I'm actually playing that, yet again, at the moment.  Had never played a Tremere through it so that's what I'm doing. 

To the person saying the world will be full of Gangrel and Brujah - I just have one thing to say.  Malkavian.  =)

with any luck CCP will have it out in alittle under the next 10 years. Dust still need alot of work and EvE of course is their bread and butter so To them WoD is a dead last something to do when they have nothing better

I highly doubt that.  WoD strikes me as potentially a much bigger bread winner than Eve and CCP is looking to the future or they wouldn't even bother to begin with it.

• trash656trash656 Here, SKPosts: 357Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by uidCaustic

Lord I hope this is a poor attempt at trolling.

Why is it that everytime someone has an opinion they assume they are trolling. Getting really tired of hearing the troll card tossed around here at every turn simply because someone has a differen't opinion then someone else. It's stupid.

• NetSageNetSage Lake Geneva, WIPosts: 1,040Member Uncommon
    If it's half the sandbox eve is I'll get it a good go.
  • RaysheRayshe London, ONPosts: 1,284Member

I've been keeping my eye's on this aswell. However my Skepticism comes from the abilities. Yeah sure its easy to bring in the idea of using Fear, or presence. What about Dementation, I hit you with full insanity that puts 5 Derangements on you. How exactly can you make that effect in game.  Or Dominate, Do i suddenly gain control of your character.

While i love the idea and will be watching it closely. I'm skeptical about this translating well.

Because i can.
    I'm Hopeful For Every Game, Until the Fan Boys Attack My Games. Then the Knives Come Out.
    Logic every gamers worst enemy.

• AcidonAcidon Salem, ORPosts: 797Member
    Originally posted by winter

Nah.  It's been officially stated that they have 70 people on the WoD team.  That's the great thing about multiple teams. They can work on different things. =)

Playing: H1Z1, The Crew, Defiance, APB:Reloaded
    Mourning: World of Darkness, Vanguard, City of Heroes

My Humble MMO Blog:
    http://mmogasm.blogspot.com

Free, Clean & Safe Quality of Life Software:
    http://www.acidonsolutions.com

• FusionFusion VaasaPosts: 1,391Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by apocoluster
    Lol clan based Pvp in the world of darkness. So uh who's gonna play the Toreador or the Salubri. Gonna me more Gangrels and Brujah then grins of sand on a beach.

Yeah, there'll be alot of Gangrels and Brujah's, but in the 'end' those brutes will just be ripe for picking for the more advanced clans

Currently playing: -

Waiting for: Class4.

Dead and Buried: ESO, NWO, GW2, SWTOR, Darkfall, AO, AC2, Vanguard, CoH/V, EnB, EVE, Neocron, FE, EQ, EQ2, DAoC, FFXI, FFXIV, SWG, WoW, and billions of eastern junks!

• SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAPosts: 18,461Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Ramonski7
    Space Vampires+ Spreadsheets!  I hope this won't be Lifeforce Onlineimage j/k

HEY!

I love that movie! image

• TheMaelstromTheMaelstrom Knoxville, TNPosts: 393Member
    Originally posted by Scottyak

I just hope it really is the world of darkness and not Vampire the Masquerade Online.

Werewolf the Apocalypse or GTFO.

I concur 100%.

No godless person can comprehend those minute distinctions
    in doctrine that provide true believers excuse for mayhem.
    -Glen Cook

• nAAtimusnAAtimus Front Range, COPosts: 342Member
    I'm not going to lie, I could not care less about the IP, setting, or vampires. I've just been very eager to see what CCP can do with this game for years now.

I'm not here to complete my forum PVP dailies.

• eindinblocheindinbloch Dallas, TXPosts: 60Member
    Yes please! I can already see the day job turning into a part-time-on-the-weekend job once this game comes out!
  • HokieHokie Vancouver Wa.Posts: 1,063Member Uncommon

. . . . . .

Video or it didnt happen.

Cant believe no one recorded it.

FUCK!!!

I figured 2014 or even 2015 before we seen anything again. And they release ingame footage with characters this year, and no one recorded it.

Its like going to an event where they say that finally they will show proof of real aliens, and they do, but not one takes any pictures.

Really...come on.

I can whine some more...cause you guys really hurt me, you know. Really hurt me.

You know this is the year 2013 and this isnt a newspaper website, you can enbed videos, you guys do it all the time.

"I understand that if I hear any more words come pouring out of your **** mouth, Ill have to eat every fucking chicken in this room."

• KareliaKarelia HeraklionPosts: 668Member
    i dont care if its about vampires, orcs, humans, sci fi, fantasy or whatever else. for me its enough that ccp makes a sandbox besides eve and i was waiting (and i will) for it for a very long time.
  • TorvalTorval Oregon CountryPosts: 7,219Member Uncommon
    But it is much, much too early to tell from the brief glimpse given of a demo made just for CCP's Fan Fest what we’ll actually get in the end. But all the regular MMO tropes like PvE and PvP matches can be expected as well as a variety of vampiric disciplines to learn which will more than likely change depending on which of the many clans that already exist in the Masquerade universe players choose to join.

If true, there is going to be a lot pissed off people.  That just can't end well for them.  "Hey, my vamp is rank 17 in BG.  I just need 3 more ranks before I can buy the rank 20 purple set from the vendor."  "Damn, I need to raid the Den of Iniquity to get thank BiS trinket." "LF3M - vamp only - Gearscore > 2800 - noobs need not apply."

Sounds different and refreshing in a sort deja-vu way.

• GroovyFlowerGroovyFlower RdamPosts: 1,245Member

VtMB also one of my favorite games of all time list.

Looking forward to WoD all tho i keep my reservations lately with experience of last 10 years with many failors and only few good games released in my humble opinion.

Last one for me Dishonored i realy enjoyed.

• CaldrinCaldrin CwmbranPosts: 4,533Member Uncommon

This one im really looking forward to..

Shame its so far off..

• KaosProphetKaosProphet Edmonton, ABPosts: 379Member
    Originally posted by WellzyC

This going to be another overly scripted, cut scene, story mmo?

.. need more of those.. (sarcasm)

Yes, absolutely.  Overly-scripted cut scene story MMOs are what CCP does, after all...

/sarcasm.

• spawn12345spawn12345 MalmöPosts: 139Member Uncommon

this mmo is one that can turn out to be awesome. I love ccp and what they do in EVE even if I dont personally love the gameplay I see why it is a great game, it was just not my cup of tea.

Them making a mmo like this... I cant even imagine the things they will come up with

• DocBrodyDocBrody EldridgePosts: 1,820Member

Hello,

I really don´t like waiting for this anymore. It has been five years now, release something already!

Cheers

Doc B

• itchmonitchmon west islip, NYPosts: 1,714Member Uncommon

i can think of no better mmo company to make an MMO of my favourite pencils and paper RPG, than CCP, makers of my favourite MMO for the better part of the past 10 years.

anyone who mentions WoW when talking about this game does not understand CCP.  They will make it good, and they will pay homage to their eve legacy, imho.

btw... has anyone else noticed that in eve, everything operates on a 5-"dot" system just like WoD?  and that characters advance in eve by spending SP (EXP) by purchasing more "dots" in skills?  and that each "dot" is progressively more expensive than the previous?  And eve came out in '03.... i wonder how long the CCP devs were thinking about WoD?

RIP Ribbitribbitt you are missed, kid.

Currently Playing EVE, DFUW

Every gun that is made, every warship launched, every rocket fired signifies, in the final sense, a theft from those who hunger and are not fed, those who are cold and not clothed.

Dwight D Eisenhower

My optimism wears heavy boots and is loud.

Henry Rollins

• sketocafesketocafe StoupaPosts: 802Member Uncommon

Forever mortal, staking bloodsuckers all night erry night.