Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Preview] World of Darkness: Pulling Back the Veil

Comments

• Attend4455Attend4455 Member Posts: 161

Wikipedia said:

full production of the WoD MMORPG was scheduled start March 2009

so with a roughly 5 year development cycle for AAA MMORPG that puts us into 2014

wait and see I guess

I sometimes make spelling and grammar errors but I don't pretend it's because I'm using a phone

• QullexQullex Member Posts: 12
    Originally posted by apocoluster
    Lol clan based Pvp in the world of darkness. So uh who's gonna play the Toreador or the Salubri. Gonna me more Gangrels and Brujah then grins of sand on a beach.

Don't think they ever said anything about clan based PvP, I think author's statement in last paragraph is poorly chosen wording (I'm assuming that is what you are referring to). But even if it is, Toreador power set: Auspex (I can see you even through stealth, can't get a drop on me), Presence (you can't hit me, I'm too majestic, I can fear you, I can make you come to me at time and place of my choosing, ultimate CC power), Celerity (I can hit you multiple times in an eyeblink). Sure I'd play a Tory. :) Besides, if they are basing it off the latest ruleset most major combat powers can be learned out of clan without a teacher anyway.

As for Salbri, based on info they presented to the fan club only seven base clans as PCs at game launch.

EDIT: Apparently devs more recently stated game will only have "original clans" at launch. This is very ambiguous statement.

• WellzyCWellzyC Member UncommonPosts: 599

This going to be another overly scripted, cut scene, story mmo?

.. need more of those.. (sarcasm)

The way mmo's were: Community, Exploration, Character Development, Conquest.

The way mmo's are now : Cut-Scenes,Cut-Scenes, solo Questing, Cut-Scenes...

www.CeaselessGuild.com

• Harlequin_SHarlequin_S Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by Attend4455

Wikipedia said:

full production of the WoD MMORPG was scheduled start March 2009

so with a roughly 5 year development cycle for AAA MMORPG that puts us into 2014

wait and see I guess

As usual pedia is incorrect, or in this case incompleate. It was sceduled but never did. They remain in pre-production to this day.

Harlequin, Admin of WoD News www.wodnews.net

-Harlequin
    Admin of World of Darkness News
    http://www.wodnews.net

• Harlequin_SHarlequin_S Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

This game has the potential to be what The Secret World should have been, at least in structure and gameplay, and that is very exciting.  TSW should have been a more sandbox hybrid RPG lovers dream home, but instead it became a themepark dungeon gear grinder.

Who knows where development is though.  It sounds like it could be a couple years before release.

Per the devs, 2015 at the earliest.

Harlequin, Admin of WoD News www.wodnews.net

-Harlequin
    Admin of World of Darkness News
    http://www.wodnews.net

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by orbitxo

yet too early to comment ,but i will.

Love ccp- but this?...Leave it to Funcom=TSW rules! nothing else will impress me.

they should of focused on making a 'walking eve-online'  with all factions=unfortunately PS3 highjacked it.

A World of darkness MMO should be based on the mechanics from the pen and paper RPGs, nothing else and that is what CCP is doing. If you think that sounds just like TSW you really need to do your homework, WoDO will be nothing like TSW.

And not using Eves mechanics with some slight modification is the right thing to do here, just repeating past successes and hope it will work as well is something companies like EA sports fo, not a great idea.

I have been waiting a long time for someone to really translate a pen and paper RPG into a MMO, besides a few D&D versions we have nothing like that and there are plenty of better P&P systems than D&D.

The best thing with CCP is that they dont copy everyone else, or for that matter themselves.

• HeretiqueHeretique Member RarePosts: 1,535
    Pretty sure CCP will do this game justice, can't wait.
  • LordSneergLordSneerg Member Posts: 119
    This game is far from being released. I will watch and see how the game develops like most on this site. Hope this one will be a good vamp game. 
  • DalmontDalmont Member UncommonPosts: 272
    Originally posted by zipzap
    Originally posted by orbitxo

yet too early to comment ,but i will.

Love ccp- but this?...Leave it to Funcom=TSW rules! nothing else will impress me.

they should of focused on making a 'walking eve-online'  with all factions=unfortunately PS3 highjacked it.

you do know that white wolf (the creator is Vampire The Masquerade and Bloodlines) are also wokring on this? games that are the base for WoD and games that are way older then even TSW?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/White_Wolf_Publishing

ROFL you know white wolf and CCP are the same company, they merged years back...

• KrelianKrelian Member UncommonPosts: 385
    The Secret World of Darkness..............?
  • HardcodedHardcoded Member UncommonPosts: 97
    Originally posted by apocoluster
    Lol clan based Pvp in the world of darkness. So uh who's gonna play the Toreador or the Salubri. Gonna me more Gangrels and Brujah then grins of sand on a beach.

Don't forget Malkavians lol

• ArglebargleArglebargle Member EpicPosts: 3,395

I usually avoid the open PvP games like the plague, for the usual reasons.  WoD, I am looking forward to with great interest.   Some of the usual irritants in MMOs, dumb leetduds and their goofy names, greifers and gankers, etc, all fit perfectly in the WoD world.  Just more ijit Sabat types; newly turned vamps.

Given that CCP actually has a working understanding of how to develop this sort of thing, along with the original games' writing teams, WoD could end up being exceptional.  Fingers crossed.

If you are holding out for the perfect game, the only game you play will be the waiting one.

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    I'm interested because of the unique setting and obviously CCP.  Really hope they produce another epic sandbox here.  Way too early to even know what direction they're going in though.
  • Krky7Krky7 Member UncommonPosts: 50

Will there be werevolves as well or is this for fanger-bangers only?

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Space Vampires+ Spreadsheets!  I hope this won't be Lifeforce Onlineimage j/k

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• DeaconXDeaconX Member UncommonPosts: 3,062

Been looking forward to this for a long time. I really hope it won't be anything like a typical MMORPG - if it is done well, this won't be "Vampires in WoW". It's a whole different kind of experience and should be developed as such.

I trust CCP to be intelligent and talented enough to recognize and deliver on that.

Why do I write, create, fantasize, dream and daydream about other worlds? Because I hate what humanity does with this one.

BOYCOTTING EA / ORIGIN going forward.

• GitmixGitmix Member UncommonPosts: 605
    Is there no way to watch the video? Has it not been released to the public?
  • AnakamiAnakami Member Posts: 103
    I am so looking forward to playing my Toreador...please let this game become real :)
  • KalafaxKalafax Member UncommonPosts: 591
    Toreador all day son

Mess with the best, Die like the rest

• Hekate27Hekate27 Member Posts: 47
    I hope that this game will truely embrace all the diverse inhabitants of the WoD including the Fae, Mages and other varied and various awakened souls.  Oh and If I choose to be one of the children of the night it shall be as a Toreador that I shall be embraced.  What is eternity without beauty and style?

Do what thou wilt, and harm ye none. - Witches Rede

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726
    Someone call me when they add werewolves.  Thanks.
    Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Originally posted by Krky7

Will there be werevolves as well or is this for fanger-bangers only?

At release it's just vampires, reason being they want to get it righ,t so they're concentrating on just the one thing. Were's, Mages, Wraiths etc will be added as the game expands, much the same as EVE has done with the release of tech 2 and 3.

• RohnRohn Member UncommonPosts: 3,730

Thanks for the bits of information.

Though there are games I enjoy now, and several in development that I'm anxious to try, WoD is by FAR the game I'm most looking forward to.  I really hope they can capture much of the appeal of the original game and bring it to this MMO.

Hell hath no fury like an MMORPG player scorned.

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by Vlacke
    I am looking forward to this, the setting is perfect and after all Vampire The Masquerade Bloodlines was one of the finest RPG's of all time in my opinion.

I'm actually playing that, yet again, at the moment.  Had never played a Tremere through it so that's what I'm doing. 

To the person saying the world will be full of Gangrel and Brujah - I just have one thing to say.  Malkavian.  =)

Take your time CCP.  Been waiting years, can wait a couple more. 

• M1sf1tM1sf1t Member UncommonPosts: 1,583
    I need a video of this demo. 

Games I've played/tried out:WAR, LOTRO, Tabula Rasa, AoC, EQ1, EQ2, WoW, Vangaurd, FFXI, D&DO, Lineage 2, Saga Of Ryzom, EvE Online, DAoC, Guild Wars,Star Wars Galaxies, Hell Gate London, Auto Assault, Grando Espada ( AKA SoTNW ), Archlord, CoV/H, Star Trek Online, APB, Champions Online, FFXIV, Rift Online, GW2.

Game(s) I Am Currently Playing:

GW2 (+LoL and BF3)