Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

CU backers forums

TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299

Anyone know or heard them say exactly when the backers forums will be opened up?

I'm sure it'll be after the KS closes, because that's when they'll know who to give access to.

I'm just excited to get on there and get started. =)

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

Comments

• sothronsothron Member Posts: 13

I asked a couple of weeks ago in an email and this is the official response I got:

Official forums will go up after the  kickstarter ends and successfully funds. Thanks for your support!

• NegativeXNegativeX Member Posts: 100

Soon, is all we've been told.

Can't come soon enough tho...

Camelot Unchained Fanpage

https://simply-gaming.com/camelot/

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133

I would suspect it will be a few weeks. They have to do a lot of things to get them up. It is not as easy as installing some form software and calling it done.

• ArbroathArbroath Member UncommonPosts: 176
    Im kind of hoping they've been preparing for this and have a head start on them.

It is in truth not for glory, nor riches, nor honours that we are fighting, but for freedom — for that alone, which no honest man gives up but with life itself. ~Declaration of Arbroath

• naezgulnaezgul Member Posts: 374
    Originally posted by Arbroath
    Im kind of hoping they've been preparing for this and have a head start on them.

If I remember correctly it was said they are ready and just need be opened

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472

wow, the two first thread about CU being now a game in development, had been locked, rofl !

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• BurgundusBurgundus Member Posts: 23
    Shroud of the Avatar was a week or two, so I expect it will be similar.
  • Decay57Decay57 Member Posts: 2
    If you were watching the live stream about an hour or two ago, MJ said that once the KS closes he was going to be giving his staff a few well deserved days off and then one of the first things they'll be doing when they came back was getting the Founders/Backers Forums up.
  • skyexileskyexile Member CommonPosts: 692

Cant wait, ditch these forums and not have read the cesspool that is reddit, thank god.

SKYeXile
    TRF - GM - GW2, PS2, WAR, AION, Rift, WoW, WOT....etc...
    Future Crew - High Council. Planetside 1 & 2.

• GKermichilGKermichil Member Posts: 32
    Can't wait for them to go live.

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by skyexile

Cant wait, ditch these forums and not have read the cesspool that is reddit, thank god.

I agree

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722
    I'd say a timeline of weeks is reasonable.  They have to send out the KS surveys and gather everybody's info, etc etc.  So, soon.. but not immediately.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

I would think that the people talking about how they can't wait to be done with these forums probably wouldn't mind a gentle help forward from the mods of this community.  

I do have to admit, that I am curious if those such people are a shining example of the CU community in general. I know there have been posts from a couple that have tact and respect, but I'm thinking the greater percentage is of people who find no problem posting about how they hate having the luxury of being able to voice their opinion through this medium.  

I think all the CU fans should take a guess at what I would say to any of the people I talk to about Camelot Unchained. 

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Originally posted by eyelolled

I would think that the people talking about how they can't wait to be done with these forums probably wouldn't mind a gentle help forward from the mods of this community.  

I'm looking forward to the forums so that I can discuss the game amongst other backers who are similarly interested in the project.  In no way does that detract from *this* forums usefulness in other ways.

• dennis5dennis5 Member CommonPosts: 23

At most, people should be grateful they were given this opportunity through this site. And i believe people aknowledge this. There's no quarrel. The only negative was people complaining about the threads being made again and again. Sure that's ok if they have the same topic and they were probably moderated/locked.  But there was a negativity even in normal - new threads where people would throw in just to say nothing of value in a specific game sub-forum. That is what people are refering to when they say they wanna get rid of this forum.

This site has done nothing wrong when it comes to forum moderating. It's the general community ( or should say a small fraction). This is met everywhere at present days. Has nothing to do with the CU community in total.

Originally posted by redcapp

I'm looking forward to the forums so that I can discuss the game amongst other backers who are similarly interested in the project.  In no way does that detract from *this* forums usefulness in other ways.

This, I have the same feeling. I 'd love to discuss any news concerning CU, but I don't want to do that here. You know the reason.

Originally posted by redcapp

and I wasn't referring to you as being one of the people wanting to "ditch these forums". I would expect it to be great to have a place enjoyed by people with a common interest as to your own. 

I still don't appreciate the lack of respect (by other CU members) given to a website that actually allows them to have a voice at all. Fact is, that without mmorpg.com, these people wouldn't be getting heard, and it's probably a fair portion of the reason that CU was even funded. 

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

Originally posted by dennis5

At most, people should be grateful they were given this opportunity through this site. And i believe people aknowledge this. There's no quarrel. The only negative was people complaining about the threads being made again and again. Sure that's ok if they have the same topic and they were probably moderated/locked.  But there was a negativity even in normal - new threads where people would throw in just to say nothing of value in a specific game sub-forum. That is what people are refering to when they say they wanna get rid of this forum.

This site has done nothing wrong when it comes to forum moderating. It's the general community ( or should say a small fraction). This is met everywhere at present days. Has nothing to do with the CU community in total.

Do you feel that CU is some sort of special snowflake that shouldn't get the same discord granted to every other game?  Do you know how many members of your community got in an absolute uproar about GW2 because they were doing RvR?  There are members of your community that did nothing but jump at every single GW2 thread just to bash it, regardless of the original point of the thread.  And it's not just GW2 either, the same sort of trolling happened to virtually every other game out there and some of the biggest violators are current CU backers.

Unfortunately,  every game gets put through the wringer, I just don't understand how the "PvP crowd" doesn't seem to understand this.  

I think it's unfair to judge an entire community based on some negative comments by a few. Especially in the context of this forum, where much negativity was simply in reaction to trolling, which clearly was widespread at times. 

It's not all negative, after all.  http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/thread/383950/Dont-forget-who-deserves-some-love.html

Edit to add:  Not sure who the GW2 bashers specifically are, but yeah.  I agree that going over to those forums simply to troll back then is just as inappropriate as the same happening here.

Do you feel that CU is some sort of special snowflake that shouldn't get the same discord granted to every other game?  Do you know how many members of your community got in an absolute uproar about GW2 because they were doing RvR?  There are members of your community that did nothing but jump at every single GW2 thread just to bash it, regardless of the original point of the thread.  And it's not just GW2 either, the same sort of trolling happened to virtually every other game out there and some of the biggest violators are current CU backers.

Unfortunately,  every game gets put through the wringer, I just don't understand how the "PvP crowd" doesn't seem to understand this.  

Exactly, i'm not saying any different than what you just said. But in that matter valued threads might be lost or not even started because of this spirit by both sides. Having some ppl "attacking" others people threads (GW2,CU or whatever) doesn't give you the right to do the same and vice versa. There's no point in continueing this ....forum war to satisfy or support...what? I don't get it.

Call it the majorirty or the minority. Fact is true and good opinons might never come to the surface that way.

Exactly, i'm not saying any different than what you just said. But in that matter valued threads might be lost or not even started because of this spirit by both sides. Having some ppl "attacking" others people threads (GW2,CU or whatever) doesn't give you the right to do the same and vice versa. There's no point in continueing this ....forum war to satisfy or support...what? I don't get it.

Call it the majorirty or the minority. Fact is true and good opinons might never come to the surface that way.

The thing is, that I'm not trying to attack the game or troll it's community. I just feel that these forums are here giving you and your fellow backers a voice, and that it's pretty low for the those people that are choosing to trash this site for it.

• ColfyColfy Member Posts: 11

Not a big fan of this site, not because of the site its self, but I find there are many trolls on here that will take any comment and try and destroy the content of what someone else is saying.

The site its self is awesome. You just have to read the numbers at the top to see people do keep coming back -------------------> Games:589  Online:155  Guests:2,393 ------------>Members:2,357,098  Posts:5,515,704

I think taking someone excitement and passion then trying to blow it out of the water is in bad taste. SO yes, Camleot Unchained does need it's own forums. Any game that has a fan base needs its own forums imo. This site is suppose to be for all game not just one fan base. That I think is where the problems occur. You have a fan of one game talking about something in a game they love and you have fans from other games trying to talk them out of their excitement.  The you have the trolls, what can I say about trolls ? I guess they are just really people who love to get a reaction out of others, don't confuse that with people who like to play the devil's advocate thou. Totally different types of people.

Tthis site hasn't been too friendly and supportinve of the Camelot Unchained fan base at times, not all times though but Cu fans will have their forums up soon enough. Our passion for Camelot Unchained will move to where we can discuss amongst  others who share the same passion. However till then we just need ot learn to live with one another a bit longer.

I personally want to thank MMORPG for taking the time to set up these forums for the fans, since the fans didn't really have a home in the first place. Your hard work and thougfulness to give us a place to chat is apperciated by many.  Thanks on behalf od myself, and many other fans of Camelot Unchained. I know I shouldn;t speak for all the fans but I believe they are just as apperciative as I am for all your hard work in keeping the forums working.

• DocBrodyDocBrody Member UncommonPosts: 1,926
    Originally posted by NegativeX

Soon, is all we've been told.

Can't come soon enough tho... so done with this forum.

Can't come soon enough "tho", bro, I'm so done with the CU spammers.

• GyrusGyrus Member UncommonPosts: 2,413

As I said on another thread, many of you will find that MMORPG.com forums are where you will end up.

Why?

Because CU is a PvP / RvR game and it attracts PvP players.  PvP players tend to PvP in game and on the forums - it's the nature of the beast.

But then you couple that with those that are 'passionate' and you can end up with an environment which isn't always friendly.

My prediction? 

For the first couple of weeks it will be a love in.

Then as design features for the game 'firm up' the community will start to form into groups;

- The Mark Jacobs is ALWAYS RIGHT AND THOU SHALT NOT QUESTION! group.

- The Internal Testers (so "I know something you don't know" group) - Later joined by the Alphas - then Beta 1s etc...  But the orignial Internals will alway have that "I have been here from the beggining" thing working for them.

- The data collectors and collators (They are already there - the Google.doc about the CU FAQ and "what we know so far")

- The "This is how it will be!" group (not based on fact - based on how they want the game to be) - Also the "do it THIS WAY" group.

- The "This isn't going to work" group (not always right / not always wrong)

- The realists

- The backers, followers and lurkers (this is the people who backed the project but really are just waiting for the game - however it turns out - they may not even log in much)

EDIT: And in this case possibly another group - the "you promised THIS (attached quotes) and this is what I PAID FOR!" group.

The groups are not mutually exclusive - Some Internal Testers will be MJ Fanbois and some will be realists for example.

Balancing this can be a real challenge in itself - obviously there are conflicts between groups.

The Data Collators tend to do alright and get a lot of respect, particularly if endorced by the developer.

But the rest will come into conflict.  And some of the groups like the "This is how it will be!" group and the "do it THIS WAY" group will turn on each other at times.

Honestly, I expect to see people like meddyck back here within 6-12 months.  Which is a shame really - since the game needs people like him prepared to stand back and consider things calmly and rationally.  But people like him tend to get shouted down by other posters (like the one who did a rant here yesterday in green text)

I doubt this forum will die.  It will go quiet for a while and get busier as people find they are no longer welcome in the CU backers forum for whatever reason.

The great thing about these forums is that it is not moderated by CSE or 'fans' - so people can speak here so long as they are polite about it.

Nothing says irony like spelling ideot wrong.

• RaagnarzRaagnarz Member RarePosts: 565
    Yeah can't wait for the forums to launch. I really only started using this account when this game became a possibility. The thought of discussing it with other fans of the project, that are passionate about this being the best possible, makes me happy. To get away fom trolls and haters also makes me happy. In the end there will be arguements there as well, but unlike here it will all be from people who want to see the game succeed. I can happily debate and argue with people who love the premise of the game, because they want the game to succeed as much as I do.