Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

whats with the greed ?

mightyfcmightyfc vasterasPosts: 98Member

holy shit just reached 30 and just the costs from removing /attaching gemsso far is bringing me on my knees

its like 3-4k  Ad to remove a rank 1 gem, and you can get 10k ad per day... had a r3 gem that costed me 9k!! to remove when i switched gear, 1 day for 1 gem... what ? ive already used up almost 650k ad (now take that and divide by 10k per day) on various shit

and no fuckin ad from quests yet just gold wich is of little to no use , just a few pots and shit, some worthless gear that ull find better before you can use anyhow

if you dont buy your AD that is

epic fail imminent

Comments

• UsualSuspectUsualSuspect CardiffPosts: 1,243Member
    I'm sorry. I think you speak a different language to me.
  • JeroKaneJeroKane OsloPosts: 5,353Member Uncommon

That's how F2P games work and why I always loathed them.

They sucker you in with easy normal and comfortable gameplay like you used to with P2P games.

Then after some levels you get hit with the WTF hammer and it's "Pay Up with real cash!" time.

• DeniZgDeniZg ZagrebPosts: 668Member Uncommon

Gear is dropping left and right in this game and I have bags full of rank 2 gems in my bags at level 26.

OP, I have no idea what are you talking about, but I'll play along. This game is epic fail P2W WoW clone. Are bashers happy now?

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Niagara Falls, NYPosts: 3,437Member Uncommon
    AD isn't bought with real money. So it's not asking you to pay real money.

• GrinnzGrinnz Utica, NYPosts: 310Member Uncommon

level 30 myself, and still have over 500k AD from my GON founders pack( only spent AD to speed up crafting)....have level 2-3 gems in every item nearly....

I don't bother unslotting gems, since they drop so often...take kits with you nearly every resource node carries runes. Don't know why you would spend AD on much of anything other than speeding stuff up oh and ID scrolls...

• besteverbestever prescott, AZPosts: 732Member
    Originally posted by JeroKane

That's how F2P games work and why I always loathed them.

They sucker you in with easy normal and comfortable gameplay like you used to with P2P games.

Then after some levels you get hit with the WTF hammer and it's "Pay Up with real cash!" time.

Not neverwinter. The only thing you need to really buy is bags and maybe some bank space.

• besteverbestever prescott, AZPosts: 732Member
    Originally posted by mightyfc

holy shit just reached 30 and just the costs from removing /attaching gemsso far is bringing me on my knees

its like 3-4k  Ad to remove a rank 1 gem, and you can get 10k ad per day... had a r3 gem that costed me 9k!! to remove when i switched gear, 1 day for 1 gem... what ? ive already used up almost 650k ad (now take that and divide by 10k per day) on various shit

and no fuckin ad from quests yet just gold wich is of little to no use , just a few pots and shit, some worthless gear that ull find better before you can use anyhow

epic fail imminent

What do you mean you can only get 10K AD per day?

• KorlosKorlos Chandler, AZPosts: 16Member

epic fail imminent

You don't have to remove them just put the better one in and it will destroy the old one.

You can refine up to 24,000 Rough Astral diamond per day.

Selling things on the auction house is a good way to earn refined Astral Diamonds.

They "can" be purchased with real money but it's not required. 

Other than that, the game is still new and costs may be tweaked if they are too high. 

Relax

• mightyfcmightyfc vasterasPosts: 98Member
    thats the amount of rough you can convert to ad per day, all rewards are rough
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    AD isn't bought with real money. So it's not asking you to pay real money.

no you buy zen for real money wich you use to buy AD with..

Originally posted by Grinnz

level 30 myself, and still have over 500k AD from my GON founders pack( only spent AD to speed up crafting)....have level 2-3 gems in every item nearly....

I don't bother unslotting gems, since they drop so often...take kits with you nearly every resource node carries runes. Don't know why you would spend AD on much of anything other than speeding stuff up oh and ID scrolls...

i get what you are saying, but when using +4-+5 gems you kinda want to remove em

and looking at the progression it seems r2-3 is for lvl 25ish and r4 30+, its getting expensive real fast and you got no option but to buy with real money to keep up if you wanna have a fine tuned toon

• Mtibbs1989Mtibbs1989 Fredericksburg, VAPosts: 2,920Member Uncommon

epic fail imminent

So what you're saying is because the AD isn't flowing like a river the developers are greedy? Stop wasting all your AD on so much random junk. Save the AD for better things. Have some self-control on your ingame wallet. You'd probably complain if gold wasn't dropping fast enough to pay for every last piece of equipment you needed.

You need to learn that you'll have to make choices with the money you're getting. If you spend 10k a day and you only get 10k a day who's fault is it that you wasted it all on removing 1 gem from your gear? 

I personally like others who replied have stated that there's so much equipment dropping there really isn't much need to remove gems from every piece of equipment you socket them into.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • psiicpsiic Tampa, FLPosts: 946Member Uncommon

epic fail imminent

rofl 3-4k? 

at 38 to add a purple enchant to a blue item is over 70k astral gems, to removed is over 40k...  just reinforces what I already said PWI and cryptic flat out lied when they were valuing the founder package values.

Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

epic fail imminent

So what you're saying is because the AD isn't flowing like a river the developers are greedy? Stop wasting all your AD on so much random junk. Save the AD for better things. Have some self-control on your ingame wallet. You'd probably complain if gold wasn't dropping fast enough to pay for every last piece of equipment you needed.

You need to learn that you'll have to make choices with the money you're getting. If you spend 10k a day and you only get 10k a day who's fault is it that you wasted it all on removing 1 gem from your gear? 

jesus lord christ and his 7 apostles... .. did you play ?, did you bother to fuse gems ?

all im saying is that its fuckin epic expensive , bags are just as bad if not worse, for what other reason than greed is stuff like this really fuckin expnsive .. its a vital gameplay mechanic, having 2 decent gems will give you as much extra stats as 4 pieces of gear....

the slots start to show up at 18+ basicly you cant afford to move 1 gem if you havent bought a starter kit or ad before that

its an obvious greed move.. beyond obvious, if you cant see that im just sorry for you, the big companys already own your mind.

Originally posted by psiic

epic fail imminent

rofl 3-4k? 

at 38 to add a purple enchant to a blue item is over 70k astral gems, to removed is over 40k...  just reinforces what I already said PWI and cryptic flat out lied when they were valuing the founder package values.

just as i thought its gonna get even worse, kidding me.. 3-4 days per gem IF you cap rough ad

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Posts: 847Member Uncommon

epic fail imminent

So eloquently put..........

epic fail imminent

I personally like others who replied have stated that there's so much equipment dropping there really isn't much need to remove gems from every piece of equipment you socket them into.

So +4 and +5 epic Enchants are random junk to you?

Even decent green gear has enchant slots. And as content gets significantly harder after level 30. Especially dungeons. You really want to try to use the best enchants you have.

And those +4 and +5 epic enchants you really want to remove when replacing gear some levels later!

And you can forget making any decent money from AH. As like you said....green gear is dropping like mad, so it already has no value anymore on AH.

Blue drops from dungeons is worth crap too, as the loot tables are crap and only have few different items per endboss. So the AH is also overflowing with blue items that have an average value of couple hundred to 1000 AD.

People are going to be seriously short on AD the further they progress in the game, as there is just not enough ingame ways to grind a decent amount of AD. Especially since, outside of AH, you cannot get more than 25.000 AD per day. Which is litterly worthless pocket change on higher levels. You need a hell lot more!

Originally posted by JeroKane

epic fail imminent

So +4 and +5 epic Enchants are random junk to you?

Even decent green gear has enchant slots. And as content gets significantly harder after level 30. Especially dungeons. You really want to try to use the best enchants you have.

And those +4 and +5 epic enchants you really want to remove when replacing gear some levels later!

And you can forget making any decent money from AH. As like you said....green gear is dropping like mad, so it already has no value anymore on AH.

Blue drops from dungeons is worth crap too, as the loot tables are crap and only have few different items per endboss. So the AH is also overflowing with blue items that have an average value of couple hundred to 1000 AD.

People are going to be seriously short on AD the further they progress in the game, as there is just not enough ingame ways to grind a decent amount of AD. Especially since, outside of AH, you cannot get more than 25.000 AD per day. Which is litterly worthless pocket change on higher levels. You need a hell lot more!

could have sworn it was 10k per day, but still its way too little to whats needed, even at my low level 25k wouldnt do it

and about dungeons.. i carried a group through that castle skirmish at 26.. last fight took fuckin 10 minutes cause i was the only one doing dmg, in the end i did 4 times teh damage of the person closest to me...

so if people dont start upgrading beyond 30 its gonna be painful

epic fail imminent

jesus lord christ and his 7 apostles... .. did you play ?, did you bother to fuse gems ?

all im saying is that its fuckin epic expensive , bags are just as bad if not worse, for what other reason than greed is stuff like this really fuckin expnsive .. its a vital gameplay mechanic, having 2 decent gems will give you as much extra stats as 4 pieces of gear....

the slots start to show up at 18+ basicly you cant afford to move 1 gem if you havent bought a starter kit or ad before that

its an obvious greed move.. beyond obvious, if you cant see that im just sorry for you, the big companys already own your mind.

We have a bible totting fanatic here? Oh boy we're in for a real ride.... Yes I've played the game. I have a 18 Defender at the moment and I am not having these issues. However, I play F2P games more than most people do and I am already use to the way they work. So if the money isn't flowing I know to hold back on massively spending like an idiot (no offense). 

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Rohnert Park, CAPosts: 848Member

I don't have sound at work to be certain, but I think this video is appropriate here:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=BgxzjrodNvI

epic fail imminent

We have a bible totting fanatic here? Oh boy we're in for a real ride.... Yes I've played the game. I have a 18 Defender at the moment and I am not having these issues. However, I play F2P games more than most people do and I am already use to the way they work. So if the money isn't flowing I know to hold back on massively spending like an idiot (no offense). 

well here we have the problem.. 18..

you are just on the edge to getting a "pay up sucker" sign showed in your face, wait to 25-30

epic fail imminent

So you're level18. You don't even need to think about enchants at those levels. Get a bit higher level and start doing some "real" dungeons and the more challenging solo quests at higher levels.

Let's see how you fair without enchanted gear.

Unless you enjoy spending 30 minutes and a ton of health pots per boss encounter. lol.

epic fail imminent

well here we have the problem.. 18..

you are just on the edge to getting a "pay up sucker" sign showed in your face, wait to 25-30

Here's the problem, you have spending issues and can't conserve the amount of AD you're spending. That has nothing to do with me just starting the game. I know not to spend like a mad man. I know you'll ignore my posts and still rant that the costs are "too damn high" but it's you not the game. Have fun ranting and ignoring your spending problems.

• ragz45ragz45 rochester hills, MIPosts: 688Member Uncommon
    thats the amount of rough you can convert to ad per day, all rewards are rough

You need to use the auction house more often.  I have about 3mil AD atm.

• SovrathSovrath Boston Area, MAPosts: 18,462Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by Grinnz

same here.

I don't unslot gems

gear drops a lot. And I just end up vendoring it.

I have yet to need to buy anything in the game.