Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn: Launching on PS3 & PC This Summer

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Square Enix has announced that Final Fantasy XIV: A Realm Reborn will (re)launch in the summer of 2013. In addition, the Playstation 3 and PC closed beta phase three will kick off in June. 

We’re also happy to announce that phase 3 of the beta test will start in June on both platforms – subscribe now to take part!

Europe/PAL: http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/eu/

North America: http://entry.ffxiv.com/beta/na/

NOTE: Be sure to go to the correct region site as you may be denied access to the beta even if you receive a registration key.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• nbtscannbtscan Member UncommonPosts: 862
    Phase 3 has been deviated by a few weeks from the original beta roadmap, probably due to Sony certification for the PS3 version and to perform some more polish on the upcoming version for testing.  With this delay, we're probably looking at an August retail release.
  • QSatuQSatu Member UncommonPosts: 1,795
    Cool. Can't wait to try it ^^
  • adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    I hope they are working on the ps4 port too.
  • ElRenmazuoElRenmazuo Member RarePosts: 5,361
    Originally posted by adam_nox

that shouldnt be hard as the ps4 will use (x86) architecture and uses amd hardware. And im glad they arent wasting time with backwards compatibilty...seriously.  Ill slap anyone who buys a PS4 and complains about playing last gen games on it.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Still impressed at how different it feels from 1.0, Yoshida did a great job on the fundamentals, and if the new features we get at launch and in the months after work as intended this could go from a good to great mmo.

• DragonantisDragonantis Member UncommonPosts: 974
    Cant wait for it :)
  • redrain84redrain84 Member UncommonPosts: 88
    Anyone know how to get into the ps3 beta?
  • KilraneKilrane Member UncommonPosts: 322
    If you read the article you would know how to apply for beta access........
  • LrdEtriusLrdEtrius Member UncommonPosts: 95
    MY BODY IS READY! XD
  • GwapoJoshGwapoJosh Member UncommonPosts: 1,030

Yoshi hinted on a PS4 release during the recent NicoNico event.

"You are all going to poop yourselves." BillMurphy

"Laugh and the world laughs with you. Weep and you weep alone."

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

I've been running around in jump shoes and sharpening my spear for this...can't wait :)

(I wonder what job I wanna be lol)

• markibogmarkibog Member Posts: 5
    is this B2P or subscription?
  • simsalabim77simsalabim77 Member RarePosts: 1,607
    Originally posted by markibog
    is this B2P or subscription?

It will be a sub game. No F2P option whatsoever. A mistake, IMO, but I'll save that discussion for another time.

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    Well I think SE dont need milions of players. I am happy with one niche group of players ;)
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Dogblaster
    Final Fantasy fans are happy that there is no F2P option and I am too. P2P is only way ... so .. move on if you dont like it :)

damn cant wait .. hate this delay, hope its not only cause of PS3 version ..

I am happy as well. Far better to have a smaller more invested all paying player base I think than to have a huge one made up of non-invested transient freeloaders that encourage all the wrong types of design goals.

The game is in great shape, this launch schedule makes sense and should give them enough time to polish polish polish :)

• Cod_EyeCod_Eye Member UncommonPosts: 1,016
    Originally posted by Vesavius
    Final Fantasy fans are happy that there is no F2P option and I am too. P2P is only way ... so .. move on if you dont like it :)

I am happy as well. Far better to have a smaller more invested all paying player base I think than to have a huge one made up of non-invested transient freeloaders that encourage all the wrong types of design goals.

The game is in great shape, this launch schedule makes sense and should give them enough time to polish polish polish :)

Agreed +1 to both posters, delay is down to certification of ps3. In the meantime I'm having a blast on Borderlands 2 until phase 3.

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676

Lots of people already did that first time around. Not sure SE would want a repeat of the mass exodus again.

Hopefully a good number will get a chance to assess this lazarus attempt during beta. Otherwise it may be once bitten twice shy for many players who got burnt with the original offering.

• spawn12345spawn12345 Member UncommonPosts: 172

Im in the beta and its an ok mmo but not good enough for sub

If it was f2p or b2p then I would have played.

There is too many other mmo's out and that are coming that I dont have time with a sub mmo if it isnt 10/10

• AbimorAbimor Member RarePosts: 872
    Originally posted by spawn12345

There is too many other mmo's out and that are coming that I dont have time with a sub mmo if it isnt 10/10

So is there not an nda? What makes it just ok? I am curios and trying to decide to sign up for the beta.

• WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500
    Originally posted by spawn12345

It might not be 10/10 for you but for some it is 11/10 ..

MMORPGs are not developed to be played by everyone you know, every mmorpg is hated by one group of players and in the same time loved by other group of players. So yea .. good luck and really stop deceive yourself because no one here cares if you will or wont pay the sub. I know I will.

• VoiidiinVoiidiin Member Posts: 817
    Does anyone know if the ps3 and pc versions will share the same servers ?

Lolipops !

• ShauneepeakShauneepeak Member UncommonPosts: 424
    With it being this late why did they not just wait for the Playstation 4 I hope they at least release a version on it and allow account transfer. I just feel the Playstation 3, no matter how much I may love it, will hold this game back.
  • JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676

Catering for the PS controller contributed to the wreckage of a UI input last time around. Haven't managed to get into the beta as yet, but hopefully SE have learnt not to limit - to the point of ruination - the PC UI controls.

What was it? 4-5 commands just ot get one action done? Awful.

• ZizouXZizouX Member Posts: 670

The UI for the gamepad is the best in the industry for an MMO.  Vast majority of the people in BETA LOVE it.   Unlike the previous version where it was the same ui and you had to scroll between abilities using the controller, now you have a layout that is tailor made for a controller.

I think many FF fans who only have a PS3 that can run the game will buy it.... especially in japan.  Consoling gaming is huge over there.

• Scripture1Scripture1 Member UncommonPosts: 421

This