Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

I did something stupid =/

schertztschertzt Member Posts: 110
New player with 3.5m sp. I subbed about a year ago but really didn't play. Im fairly certain I did tutorials and sisters if eve.
Yesterday I decide to sub again and start working on lvl 2 security missions. I have a rifter and hurricane and was switching between the 2 depending on difficulty.(still trying to figure out why I had a cane)

Salmon was coming off the grill was was in auto pilot. I went afk, and came back to no hurricane as the mobs from the mission killed my ship!

I am confused as to what to do because 50% of lvl 2s are too hard in my rifter. On top if that, a lvl2 gives me on avg 125,000 isk. What to do!+?!?

Playing: GW2, Planetside 2.
Trying out: Age of Wushu
Looking forward to: AA, Wildstar

Comments

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

trades, new missions, join a corp+ask for help, are some options.

+ apparently you breached one of the rules in EVE: don't fly what you can't afford to lose. Next time keep money in reserve.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• RednecksithRednecksith Member Posts: 1,238
    Originally posted by schertzt
    New player with 3.5m sp. I subbed about a year ago but really didn't play. Im fairly certain I did tutorials and sisters if eve. Yesterday I decide to sub again and start working on lvl 2 security missions. I have a rifter and hurricane and was switching between the 2 depending on difficulty.(still trying to figure out why I had a cane) Salmon was coming off the grill was was in auto pilot. I went afk, and came back to no hurricane as the mobs from the mission killed my ship! I am confused as to what to do because 50% of lvl 2s are too hard in my rifter. On top if that, a lvl2 gives me on avg 125,000 isk. What to do!+?!?

Go back to level 1's. No, seriously. You screwed up, flew what you couldn't afford to lose, and now you have to grind your way back up.

The good news is that you don't really need a Hurricane for level 2's. Just get yourself a regular cruiser or destroyer and you should be fine.

• BearKnightBearKnight Member CommonPosts: 461
    New player with 3.5m sp. I subbed about a year ago but really didn't play. Im fairly certain I did tutorials and sisters if eve. Yesterday I decide to sub again and start working on lvl 2 security missions. I have a rifter and hurricane and was switching between the 2 depending on difficulty.(still trying to figure out why I had a cane) Salmon was coming off the grill was was in auto pilot. I went afk, and came back to no hurricane as the mobs from the mission killed my ship! I am confused as to what to do because 50% of lvl 2s are too hard in my rifter. On top if that, a lvl2 gives me on avg 125,000 isk. What to do!+?!?

Level 2's are meant for Destroyers. Level 3's, depending on difficulty, are meant for cruisers & battlecruisers. IV's are meant for battelships, and sometimes groups of battleships.

You went afk in a level 2 mission with a, most likely, badly fit hurricane. Did you not have active reps/shields going when you decided to go afk mid-fight?

/confused

Could also do courier missions, a lvl 3 courier mission can be done in a t1 hauler with 4k m3 cargospace.

put some inertia stabilizers on it for faster align so AFK trips go faster....a lvl 3 courier should give 70.000 credits reward.

After the 15th you get a storyline mission with a implant as extra reward which should land you like 10M ISK.

That should get you on your way very quickly to buy destroyers+cruisers.

After that join a 0.0 renter corp that invites newbs, and if you can fly a battlecruiser (50M isk and up) you should be able to do some belt ratting and earn ISK even faster. But that requires some knowledge of how-not-to-get-ganked.

Or you could work your way up to level 3s and 4s combat missions in highsec, or join a corp that runs missions and you could tag along.

Just some ways extra to get some money.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442
    Get a Drake, like all the cool kids have been doing for the last 10 years.

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

Originally posted by Kreedz

he's complaining that he doesn't have the money to replace a cane, so why a drake?

• BadSpockBadSpock Member UncommonPosts: 7,979
    Originally posted by Muke

he's complaining that he doesn't have the money to replace a cane, so why a drake?

Cause you can do 3's and some 4's in a passive fit Drake half asleep.

Originally posted by BadSpock

yesss, and now you read my post again....

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    One thing I have learned playing EVE - never, ever, ever...go AFK - ever, ever, unless you are safelyt docked in a station.    The one thing good about this is you learned a couple of valuable lessons.   One, never fly what you cannot replace.  Two, never go AFK unless safely docked in station.  
  • schertztschertzt Member Posts: 110

Thank you for all the input.  I did learn a lesson on going AFK and flying what I couldn't afford!  I set it on auto pilot and was still like 4 min from reaching the mobs....long story short, I forgot and enjoyed my food.  At least I got back 22 million isk from insurance.  

To be honest, I'm not quite sure if I even did all of the Sisters of Eve, anyway to check?  

I will go back to level 1's on my rifter.  I also have a Thrasher (destroyer?) but it's fitted for salvaging so I really should start to unfit that and get it set up for lvl 2's.  

Right now in Rens I am just doing lvl 1 & 2 security missions from the Brutor Tribe I believe?  They have my flying from 0.7 to 0.9 doing basic combat.  

• FluxiiFluxii Member Posts: 184

I used to play a lot and I did something REALLY stupid once (aside from many lost ships). I had around 16m skill points and I forgot to buy a clone. I got popped and lost Battleship 5 (went to 4) which had taken almost a month to train... needless to say, I was little pissed. Think I might have lost interest in the game around then, lol

*edit*

I've actually been thinking of going back lately, they're always running specials.  But I think I'm gonna wait for this summer UPDATE.  Dunno if I should start over fresh, or start new.  Starting fresh I'd lose a LOT of SP, but I kinda want to play another race.  Then again, I can just x-train so it'd be kinda silly to start over even if there is a good special.

• Ramones274Ramones274 Member Posts: 366

Join..

Brave Newbies Inc.

http://bravenewbies.org/wp/

http://www.reddit.com/r/Bravenewbies/

Your fun per hour will increase exponentially.

There are two kinds of people in this world. People who pick their nose.. and liars.

• HazelleHazelle Member Posts: 760

If you haven't already done it I'd suggest that you pick up the connections skill.

Don't overlook the social skills.

• MalcanisMalcanis Member UncommonPosts: 3,297

22 mill is easily enough to set up a decent mission cruiser, which should have no problems with dealing with Level 2 missions.

Don't use 425mm ACs, though. 220s or even 180s are a better bet. You need tracking more than pure DPS.

Give me liberty or give me lasers

• schertztschertzt Member Posts: 110
    Where is brave newbies inc located?
    When you say 22 mill for a lvl 2 cruiser, you mean my thrasher?

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    Yes, please tell us where you are. We would like to join you in your fun. /wink
  • WraithoneWraithone Member RarePosts: 3,806

ALWAYS keep in mind the two most important rules of EVE.  One, NEVER fly what you can't afford to replace.  Two, Trust No One. ^^ You messed up. It happens.  Go back to level 1's and build up your rep, and ISK. Be more careful next time.

From your title, I thought you had done something REALLY stupid... Like an alliance with the Goonies... ^^  EVE isn't like most games out these days. Its quite unforgiving of certain types of mistakes.  Just do some research, and be more careful.

"If you can't kill it, don't make it mad."
    Hey, nothing wrong with an alliance with Goons. Its better than being on the recieving end.
    Originally posted by birdycephon
    Hey, nothing wrong with an alliance with Goons. Its better than being on the recieving end.

Indeed, what's wrong with joining an alliance that has openly said that it's their goal to grief players, get them to quit, to destroy every game they're in, being a racist exploiting alliance?

On the good side, you can win fights against Goons although being outnumbered 1:10, they are that bad that when they are in a fight 900 vs 150 that they need 3000 others to bail them out.....that has saved them so far in sovereignty warfare.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by BadSpock

So you are still playing! Awesome man.

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"

Originally posted by birdycephon

Indeed, what's wrong with joining an alliance that has openly said that it's their goal to grief players, get them to quit, to destroy every game they're in, being a racist exploiting alliance?

On the good side, you can win fights against Goons although being outnumbered 1:10, they are that bad that when they are in a fight 900 vs 150 that they need 3000 others to bail them out.....that has saved them so far in sovereignty warfare.

Sure, on the other hand, they subsidize their members' ships. As long as they are fit accordinly, I never have to worry about droping cash on replacing my ships.
  • deathbelowdeathbelow Member Posts: 1

This is my opinion: Use RL money to buy plex.  That will get you around 1 billion isk.  I know it sucks to pay a monthly fee of $15 for the game and $35 for isk but in the end in my opinion it will provide you happiness for some time.

If you want to do missions which I can't see why anyone would want to do that then you can do lvl 4 missions in a drake as ppl have already said.  Most people get borred of high sec and move to null sec.  You need to work on a way to make isk in null.  I tried mining but in the end it was a big money pit.  In my opinion I would need a rorqual pilot and 4 miners to make a real profit.  I tried that for a while but ended up going the route of carrier ratting.  I could make a nice profit around 100m in pirate bounty and 120m in salvage with only one character doing 3 then salvaging the 3.

Before I could fly a carrier I used a dominix with sentries and ishtar with sentries.  For the most part the sentries target on thier own you just have to be careful to pull them in when they get attacked.  To come to null most corps are going to want you to atleast fly a T2 battlecruiser.  The benefit of that is you can rat in that also while you train for bigger ships to make more isk per hour.  On a side note, to mine effectivly without help you will need to be able to fly a T2 hulk with a deadspace small shield booster either pithi B or gisti B depending on if you want more boost or more powergrid to add mining boost mods. I was able to tank all rats with a pithi B.

Another way to make isk there is to salvage.  Their are many pilots too lazy to salvage even though it more then doubles their profit.  You would need a fit noctis and the ability to ask if you can follow someone and salvage.  Following a carrier you can make 120m an hour.

Once you train high enough to fly the ships that make the big isk then you can use isk to pay for the game or just start building up you isk for the big ships.

I hope this helps you to get started on a long eve carrer.  It starts out rough but once you get to the half way point it all becomes worth it.  Eve is the go to game for me I play then stop then come back repeatedly for several years.  Its the only game that I've ever went back to at all.  In the end its the only game that has kept my interest so long outlasting every other game.

• Dr_ShivinskiDr_Shivinski Member UncommonPosts: 311

Or you can just train for a Pirate Faction BS, Machariel, Nightmare, Vindicator. Fit t2 or Meta 4 guns, t2 shield tank. And do Incursions. There are alot of incursion communities and we are making roughly 150-250m an hour in High-Sec incursions. More than enough to feed a PVP alt all the isk they would ever need. Check out these Channels in game. DKY Public, ICU Public, The Vahalla Project, Mumbl Incursions, Lv6. Join this mailing list aswell for great ship fits for Incursions. ICU Fitting.

My personal suggestions would be to fly with Mumbl and The Vahalla Project until you can shiny fit  a pirate BS. Those two communities will take t1 BS variants like megathrons and maelstroms. Just prepare your wallet for massive blinking and remember to invest back into your Incursions running ship, the shinier it is the better fleets you get into the more isk/hr you will make without having to deal with missions/salvaging or any of that nonsense. It's a fucking isk faucet that just won't shut off.

Preferred Incursion Ships-

DPS -- Machariel - Vindicator - Nightmare 

Logistics (Shield Repair) -- Scimitar, Basilisk

Acceptable Incursion Ships-

DPS -- Maelstrom, Tempest, Megathron, Hyperion (sort of), Raven Navy Issue, Armaggedon, Apocalypse, Bhaalgorn (but please don't) Basically any Turret DPS based Battleship. I really don't know why we let Ravens around when Cruise missiles suck as much as they do atm but it's what ever.