Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Legendary FAIL of EPIC scale!

124»

Comments

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Originally posted by timtrack
    Originally posted by n3v3rriv3r
    Originally posted by cybertrucker
    This is open beta. The only fail is the OP. this is when they stress the servers, and find bugs to fix. 

No software apart for crap in gaming industry is sold when is still in beta phase. Gaming companies can sell pop on a stick (beta version) if they wanted to. Forum dwelllers then derp: "Oh but dude but it is still beta!"  Yes dude you are doing their job and they should pay you and not the other way arround.

Lol sofware is always in beta - you can relase fixes and patches forever.

.. and about the entitlement: ofc you have no rights, ever read a game eula?  See, even the loyal customers are telling you that you should just shut up and pay - resistance is futile.

Stop buying beta marketing ploys. Stop buying bad games (or in this case preorder packs or whatever they are called).

IT'S FREE.

no, correction, nothing is free

• ShaighShaigh Member EpicPosts: 2,142

Remember the launch of

• Simcity
    • Diablo 3
    • World of Warcraft
    • Anarchy Online
    Popular online games have crappy launches
    Iselin: And the next person who says "but it's a business, they need to make money" can just go fuck yourself.
  • CandombleCandomble Member UncommonPosts: 164

Beta, not beta, what's the point of discussing it? Most (if not all) the finished MMOs launch with problems and many times rather unfinished. What matters is what you get, and if you like it enough to bypass any issues, or not.

This "beta" had this problem with queue positioning (or displaying numbers), but it seems to be solved. And if this was the reason to claim any fail at all, what can we say about many other MMOs...

• PyukPyuk Member UncommonPosts: 762
    This is open beta. The only fail is the OP. this is when they stress the servers, and find bugs to fix. 

No software apart for crap in gaming industry is sold when is still in beta phase. Gaming companies can sell pop on a stick (beta version) if they wanted to. Forum dwelllers then derp: "Oh but dude but it is still beta!"  Yes dude you are doing their job and they should pay you and not the other way arround.

.. and about the entitlement: ofc you have no rights, ever read a game eula?  See, even the loyal customers are telling you that you should just shut up and pay - resistance is futile.

Stop buying beta marketing ploys. Stop buying bad games (or in this case preorder packs or whatever they are called).

It's a free download and free to play out the gate. It's not complicated and not worth getting all butthurt over.

I make spreadsheets at work - I don't want to make them for the games I play.

IT'S FREE.

guardian and hero pack is for charity?

Is anyone holding a dagger to your throat to buy those packs? Are they required to play the game? The answer to both questions is "no." Your "counter-point" is meaningless.

• n3v3rriv3rn3v3rriv3r Member UncommonPosts: 496
    Originally posted by Pyuk

IT'S FREE.

Is anyone holding a dagger to your throat to buy those packs? Are they required to play the game? The answer to both questions is "no." Your "counter-point" is meaningless.

you dont ever understand my point. my point is: dont buy beta stuff. get it? it is hard?

Originally posted by Pyuk

IT'S FREE.

you dont ever understand my point. my point is: dont buy beta stuff. get it? it is hard?

Correction! You're original statement says "...nothing is free". I countered that Neverwinter is indeed free and no one was forcing you to shell out any money for anything in the game. You don't have to buy into the beta. You can download it for free and play the game - for free! Again, you're point is meaningless.

• bliss14bliss14 Member UncommonPosts: 595
    Oy, semantics.  Open beta, soft launch, launch.  Who cares what they call it?  If you like the game then play it.  If something is pissing you off then don't.  Personally I won't sit in a queue most of the time.  Consequently, I am waiting for that to subside before I play this game.
  • faxnadufaxnadu Member UncommonPosts: 940
    Originally posted by MadDemon64
    Originally posted by UnleadedRev
    If you alt-tab or minimize while in que (5000 average) it will reset you to 50000+!!!!!!

1.  Its a known bug that they are working on fixing.

2.  What part of open beta do you not understand?  It's still undergoing testing/fixing.

comon dude time to open your eyes and realize that even if it says open beta its smooth launch so to speak, its not going to be retail so what part of open beta as disquised launch you dont understand today mmos standards? 

• Pixel_JockeyPixel_Jockey Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by bliss14
    Oy, semantics.  Open beta, soft launch, launch.  Who cares what they call it?  If you like the game then play it.  If something is pissing you off then don't.  Personally I won't sit in a queue most of the time.  Consequently, I am waiting for that to subside before I play this game.

I installed the game last night and had no queue at all, just an fyi if you were still waiting for the queue issue to be resolved.

• KostKost Member CommonPosts: 1,975

It was a visual bug that didn't effect your actual queue position at all....

Some people's children, I swear.

• IselinIselin Member LegendaryPosts: 18,719
    Originally posted by Codeme
    If you alt-tab or minimize while in que (5000 average) it will reset you to 50000+!!!!!!

2.  What part of open beta do you not understand?  It's still undergoing testing/fixing.

comon dude time to open your eyes and realize that even if it says open beta its smooth launch so to speak, its not going to be retail so what part of open beta as disquised launch you dont understand today mmos standards? 

I agree with you. But having said that, this "open beta non-launch-that-really-is-a-launch-but-shhh!" is much better behaved than many other "real launches"... "Real launches" quite often feature crashes. I have yet to experience one here despite having everything maxed and alt-tabbing to Windows many many times.

"Social media gives legions of idiots the right to speak when they once only spoke at a bar after a glass of wine, without harming the community ... but now they have the same right to speak as a Nobel Prize winner. It's the invasion of the idiots”

― Umberto Eco

“Microtransactions? In a single player role-playing game? Are you nuts?” 
    ― CD PROJEKT RED

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    EPIC scale you say?  You obviously didnt play Anarchy Online at launch, this is a population issue that will be resolved in a week or 2.
  • Yyrkoon_PoMYyrkoon_PoM Member Posts: 150

Every piece of software has bugs, does not matter what stage of development it is in.  Crack open any operating system, office software or  in this case a videogame and they all have bugs. Most of the time in beta stress tests you either encounter new bugs or existing bugs that the production team waived as acceptable at this stage of the game. 9 out of 10 times they usually won't fix the previously waived bugs until after the stress test. If enough testers report the issue and a programmer can easily fix the bug then it might get fixed, but most times it would get handled in a later patch.

The only epic fails in a beta test are the showstopper bugs like CTDs, major hardware support issues, bugs in the financial transaction systems, security issues, or things of that nature. Display defects are usually given a much lower severity or rank and then usually waived by production.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    They resolved the queues within a single day. This thread doesnt really need to continue.
  • WaidenWaiden Member UncommonPosts: 500

excuse ... really old one

beta stage ... ''bugs are expected because game is in testing/fixing phase''

after realease ... ''bugs are expected, game was just released ... they will be fixed''

in year ... ''bugs are expected, there is no bugs free game, deal with it''

:D :D :D

• ThachsanhThachsanh Member Posts: 331

It's pretty amusing to me that this day and age in a Free-to-play title and the word OPEN BETA still works. People still defending the title as if it was actually in beta.

What is the different between an OPEN BETA version of this title vs the RELEASED version of this title?

Only one thing. The words. They change it from OPEN BETA to RELEASE, that's it.

Traditionally there are 2 things that seperate a beta version and a release version of an MMO. A character wipe and money collection. Reason is simple and clear, if you start taking our money, it's not beta anymore. Since when can a company take customer's money in beta? Oh shit, that's right, EVERYBODY is doing it these days. So, it's sorta become a standard nowaday. You can be in beta but you have no problem taking our money.

Somebody said, but the cast shop need testing too. Yes, but there's a different way to do so. Give beta testers credit and they can test the cash shop no problem. But there's no character wipe. Oh, shit, now we are going in circle. So, since there's no character wipe, we have to spend our REAL money to test your damn cash shop?

People just don't see it these days. The company does not have to go to RELEASE state ever and they don't want to. Why? Because it make no differences, they can collect money just fine in OPEN BETA and they can get away issues because it's "beta" right? Come on, it's "beta". The game can stay in OPEN BETA for it's whole god damn life cycle and does not need to ever going in to RELEASE. I have seen it. There are games out there, from lesser known companies of course, have gone from going public to end of service without going into RELEASE state once. How nice is that?

So, supports the damn OPEN BETA/SOFT LAUNCH because unfortunately I don't see this bullshit ever going to stop.

• WizardryWizardry Member LegendaryPosts: 19,332

Seems many miss the REAL point.How are they stress testing if there is a limit using  Que UE's?Stresss testing is allowing everyone until it forces the server to crash,that is how you know it's limits.If they have a que ue in place,it means they already know the limit and are not treating this like a BETA test but more like free game time to promote the game.

I can also feel the OP's pain,reason is imagine if he was waiting fro an hour or two then all a sudden gets zipped back to another 2 hours.I don't know about anyone else but wasting 4 hours on a que Ue is NOT gaming and NOT fun.I would call that more expected frustration than crying or better yet a legit insult towards a poor effort by the developer.

Also WHY are they going to fix que ues if this is just a beta test thing?This leans towards them using them on offical launch .That tells me they are expecting  to release with not enough server space a sort of failed launch as well.

Never forget 3 mile Island and never trust a government official or company spokesman.

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by evilastro
    They resolved the queues within a single day. This thread doesnt really need to continue.

Yes it does.  It should serve as an example of how rediculous such complaints are and how shallow many MMO gamers have become if the simplest and inconsequential of problems cause people to fly off the handle, especially when you compare it to how previous games had similar problems on a much larger and problematic scale and how people reacted with nowhere near as much whining and premature calls of foul to these problems.  This kind of reaction should be reserved for stuff like EA locking content on the disc and telling players they need to buy it as DLC to play it, or Diablo 3's infamous error 37, not problems with queues for MMOs on the day of release when every other MMO ever has had queue problems, and far larger queues at that.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Beta is Beta?

But then again its nice knowing I get to skip to the head of the line because I gave the company $200.  Not sitting in queue has been 1 of the greatest Founder's Pack swag that I didn't realize.

Popular game is popular.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Pandamin

I find it very unsettling seeing some posters defending "soft launches".

In fact I'm really hoping that a lot of you are just very young and don't know any better.

Any consumer rights group would have a field day when it comes to MMO's especially the f2p ones.

Lets not pretend that there is nothing illegal going on because there is, its just that nobody cares because its a videogame.

We are going to raise hell because some boobage can be seen but when basic consumer rights are being demolished, this generations only responce is, meh.

:2thumbsup:

Finally someone who can see the bottom line.

Cryptic and PWE knew very well what happened yesterday would happen.

They do it on purpose. These high queue times work like a phychological conditioner on the weak minded, dangling a nice juice carrot stick in front of them telling "You do not have to wait in the Queue you know! Pay us $200 and you can skip the queue and play NOW!"

If they really wanted, they could have easily expanded capacity by adding a few extra shards yesterday before opening the flood gates, as the 3 current shards were already pretty packed the last days with Founders only.

All they did yesterday, was just enabling the old craptastic STO queue system and let people rot in a queue. Pretty much like how they did with STO launch.

I see you know so much about company finances and what it costs to run them and how to hadle situations.  Derp!

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• mari3kmari3k Member Posts: 135

Uhhh you have such a cool WH40K avator,  bet you are the cooles nerd in your class....

Neverwinter will be ok.

Step in the arena and break the wall down