Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Many False Bans

trancefatetrancefate Member UncommonPosts: 146

I just wanted to copy a lengthy post I made on the Age of Wushu forums. I feel like players deserve to know what they are getting in to before they join a game. The post is heated, but I believe there are some important facts to take away from it.

---

After being wrongfully banned for a week, and then Un-Banned, I am going to just rattle off a bunch of thoughts here.

To begin, before being banned, my character was the number 1 rank in my trade (poison-making, by a large enough margin I held on to it for 3 days during ban), and easily going to rank into school leadership during the combat on Sunday. I am now ranked 40 something, and every-one I see in the higher ranks of my school is now orange con instead of green or blue.

Now the list

1) The initial ban without notification was unprecedented. I still do not know why you banned me?

2) I find your lack of a telephone number appalling. More and more, your business seems like a quick cash-grab scam. This is America, you get a fucking phone, FIRST. Now, go get a fucking phone RIGHT NOW, you had better not read number 3 before you plug in the god damned phone. Okay?

3) Your in game GM's either do not exist, in which case HIRE SOME DAMNED GM'S, or are pathetic, in which case, fire them. I have sent three in-game petitions, to which 0 have been answered, one made it to the top of the queue after ~3 hours, but was promptly deleted without any contact from GM.

4) Your e-mail support has a 6 day wait time for response? You tell people that number up-front? seriously? It has to be better to just lie than to actually admit your business is THAT pathetic. This is starting to feel more and more like a Nigerian retirement investment phone-call... but you couldn't do that... what with the no phone and all.

---
Okay now that the nitty gritty of the why I know you are about to turn tail and run from the country with laws about this shit part is over, Lets talk about what you need to do to make this right.
---
1) Apologize. Seriously, the "GM" who looked into my ticket doesn't even put his NAME on his signature block. What kind of ass-hat-lame-duck apology was the two broken Engrishy sentences with no name or person behind them I got?

2) VIP time. VIP time was not frozen with our accounts, it just kept on ticking. You need to give us no less than three months of VIP time.

3) Cultivation. Surprisingly enough, cultivation did not keep on ticking, because I guess a banned account doesn't count as VIP? Characters reward needs to be either A) extrapolated from average cult gain of the specific character or B) given the maximum amount of cult assuming every tp sacred place patrol buff exp pill practice martial arts is used. A Lot of us stayed on top of our stuff and earned near maximum rewards, we want that back.

4) Ding. As it turns out, being the number one ranked poison maker is far more lucrative than being the 50th ranked poison maker.

5) Scripts, We deserve a number of scripts for every school mission we missed, some of us are quite good at stealing them, and even better at defending (tang)

6) Chi, give us the pills to make up for all the lost time performing actions.

7) Life Skill Surplus: Seriously? the only upshot I had about being banned was that I had saved surplus and could get back in and start working toward becoming number one again. NOOOOOOPE that is still at 0, you haven't even reset my character from the day you banned it?

8) Another apology, seriously, this is one of the largest blunders in the history of GAMING.

-----

PS regarding the legality of what you have done, I'll bet my bottom dollar PayPal sides with ME, the customer. There is a reason the game just took PayPal off the list.

----

Comments

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838

Fair post.

I too was banned for two days then found innocent. I don't think there's any question the job could have been done better. It was done wrong.  They need a scaple but seemed to only have a chainsaw. 

Boy, has that saw cut. They have taken the acceptable collateral damage approach. You don't want to be near someone who buys gold. 

I do not want to dismis the crude approach, but it's not uncommon for young games to do mass bans then pick up the pieces later. Yet and still, I wish they would have done it better. The game is in a better place for it though. Do the ends justify the means? From the inside looking out, I thinkg that it does. I hope they come up with a better way of doing it though. 

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • trancefatetrancefate Member UncommonPosts: 146
    Originally posted by bcbully
    I do not want to dismis the crude approach, but it's not uncommon for young games to do mass bans then pick up the pieces later. Yet and still, I wish they would have done it better. The game is in a better place for it though. Do the ends justify the means? From the inside looking out, I thinkg that it does. I hope they come up with a better way of doing it though. 

Pretty much agreed, however I have been in ALMOST every MMO since eq1 andI have never been or heard of a wrongful ban from any friends, let alone without any contact or information given whatsoever.  Also, I do not believe the game is in a better place. The spammers are still filling my chat pages, and they are still offering the same products. The people who bought gold are more than willing to buy more, the only people hurt in the long run are the legitimate customers.

It is a free game, the gold spammers and farmers will just make more characters, only REAL players care about being banned.

• SenanSenan Member UncommonPosts: 788
    Originally posted by trancefate
    There is a reason the game just took PayPal off the list.

Did they really remove paypal as a payment method? Man... if that's the case, I seriously doubt I'll be buying anything from them in the future. That was about the only option I would have trusted enough to use. I damn sure would never trust Snail, or some no-name 3rd party, with my payment information directly.

The game is great, but considering the false bans, rampant hacking/thievery with no remorse, beyond subpar security, and the poor customer service in general, this company seems to be doing everything in their power to coerce people into not sticking around. It's baffling, really.

I have a pretty high threshold for this kind of thing, but I'm about at my limit at this point. I still have yet to open the retail edition that I ordered last week, and I might just cut my losses on the shipping cost and get a refund on it. As it stands, I don't really expect this company to do a much needed 180 anytime soon, so I might just stay on the sidelines for awhile and see how things turn out. Maybe we'll get lucky and they'll hand the game over to a company that's actually competent to some extent.

• AresPLAresPL Member UncommonPosts: 292

google show their number after 0.22 seconds image

LOL they have to give You 3 months for few days :D:D

Originally posted by AresPL

"Contact
    Customer Support can be contacted by using our Customer Support Webform, or in-game by clicking the GM button on the minimap. They are also available by email at [email protected]. We do not offer phone support at this time."

-Pyre

----

Also, the number you are referring to from google, is disconnected. (or you are referring to a number that just isn't applicable?)

As for your second troll, yes, yes they do. Any gesture smaller would not be enough to coerce me into being their customer a second time.

• StrommStromm Member Posts: 243

8) Another apology, seriously, this is one of the largest blunders in the history of GAMING.

ROFL. :-)

Originally posted by Seilan

Did they really remove paypal as a payment method? 

Hello Everyone!

Paypal is currently disabled as a payment method. We are working to have this payment option returned to our payment methods. In the mean time, please seek an alternative method, there are over 200 to choose from.

I think there was an issue with the way their "Top-Up" system instantly gives you gold. I've heard that some would use Pay-pal get gold instantly, then cancel the pay pal transaction.
    Originally posted by Seilan

Did they really remove paypal as a payment method? 

Hello Everyone!

Paypal is currently disabled as a payment method. We are working to have this payment option returned to our payment methods. In the mean time, please seek an alternative method, there are over 200 to choose from.

I think there was an issue with the way their "Top-Up" system instantly gives you gold. I've heard that some would use Pay-pal get gold instantly, then cancel the pay pal transaction.

That would make sense. After examining it you can see that the economy in the game simpy CAN NOT run without USD>GOLD>Taels conversion. There are no real ways to farm or even make new money in the game, only trading with other players.

With the knowledge that the only way for new money to be inserted into the economy is buy purchase, the question I asked was then: How do the gold sellers get their gold?

The only reasonable answers are

A) Fraud, something like what you mentioned above, or stolen CC #'s

B) Botting resources to sell to other players

C) The gold websites must be purchasing a lot of gold from other players. This is feasible as many websites buy low sell high on virtual currencies. Even more so because many popular escrow sites like playerauctions don't have AoW even listed.

"Contact
    Customer Support can be contacted by using our Customer Support Webform, or in-game by clicking the GM button on the minimap. They are also available by email at [email protected]. We do not offer phone support at this time."

-Pyre

----

Also, the number you are referring to from google, is disconnected. (or you are referring to a number that just isn't applicable?)

As for your second troll, yes, yes they do. Any gesture smaller would not be enough to coerce me into being their customer a second time.

cool story, but on forum people wrote that they called snail office and talked with female who checked stuff for them

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

If you posted that OP in my forum I would have banned you again.

Clearly you wanted to vent more than actually resolve the situation.

• doodphacedoodphace Member UncommonPosts: 1,858
    As soon as someone says "Here in America"....you know it isn't gonna end well....
  • Pixel_JockeyPixel_Jockey Member Posts: 165
    Originally posted by doodphace
    As soon as someone says "Here in America"....you know it isn't gonna end well....

This is 'merica, rabble rabble.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by doodphace

LMAO 

"Contact

-Pyre

----

cool story, but on forum people wrote that they called snail office and talked with female who checked stuff for them

Right, because the lead dev wouldn't know more about his own business than some forum troll right?

lead dev? all devs are in china and maybe few of them know english
    Silver is created by Kidnapping btw. Some feel too much. 

5-15L or so per kidnapping. At most 1 per hour,  so even someone playing 24 hours straight could only hope to get 250L/day or so.

5-15L or so per kidnapping. At most 1 per hour,  so even someone playing 24 hours straight could only hope to get 250L/day or so.

There probably 400 people or more kidnapping every coold down while they play. 

• OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

Pretty craze over there right now regarding the bans and goldsellers. Keep your IRL cash close to the vest and don't spend money on Age of Wushu right now..

It's been well documented and mentioned several times about the situation. I myself tried to describe what was happening.

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• simba12345simba12345 Member Posts: 1

And I am one of the victim of an honest players that has been accused by Snail's automated reply that looks like this:

Greetings,

Thank you for your inquiry. We have reviewed your account and will be unable to reopen it.

The account in question was found participating in exploitation of the Age of Wushu economy. Please note that, per our game policies at http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=631, "transactions between game accounts that include the sale or trade of ingame content, currency or services in exchange for real world content, currency or services are prohibited." While Snail Games offers ingame currency through our item mall, Snail Games considers the purchase and the sale of silver through a secondary market to be theft. As such, the account will not be unfrozen under any circumstance. Thank you for understanding our position on this matter.

Regards,

Snail Games Support

After waiting for 7 days. That's all I got as a reply.

Note: This is my alternate character which all I did was setting offline stall selling scripts, weapons that I made and a few other things. I created this alternate character for the sole purpose of selling stuffs with offline stall. I remember before I got banned, my unbound Liangs is around 14 Dings+ and all that money comes from offline stalling. I did not even send this Liangs I have made to my Main Character. All I did was buying some item for my Main Character and send it to him.

I made a new ticket hoping for the REAL reason as why I got banned.

I could not even post on their forum. Sigh..

Originally posted by Opapanax

Pretty craze over there right now regarding the bans and goldsellers. Keep your IRL cash close to the vest and don't spend money on Age of Wushu right now..

It's been well documented and mentioned several times about the situation. I myself tried to describe what was happening.

This whole thing gave me more confidence in SnailUsa. They mean business. Gold buying will not be tolorated. They are in it for the long hual, not the short term.

Wushu will be around long after this years crop of sub par games comes and goes. Maybe EQnext will have a chance, or maybe Malu, or The Repopulation. They wont be out this year though.

Not gonna hold my breath either. Gonna keep breathing this Wushu fresh air.

This whole thing gave me more confidence in SnailUsa. They mean business. Gold buying will not be tolorated. They are in it for the long hual, not the short term.

Wushu will be around long after this years crop of sub par games comes and goes. Maybe EQnext will have a chance, or maybe Malu, or The Repopulation. They wont be out this year though.

1) The gold spammers are still there; zone scene nearby and gossip chats are still all but unusable.

2) The gold sellers are still selling the same product, at the same price, in the same way.

3) If you had read the post you would realize the people talking are not Gold Buying, we were wrongfully banned, snail agrees on this (I know they do, because they UN-banned me)

4) The only real effect they had was to piss off a huge portion of their PAYING customers (guess what, they banned the people with money, some of those people bought it from SNAIL) and make an even larger part reluctant to hand over any cash.

So exactly what part of their actions gave you more confidence in them? Was it their demonstrated capability of acting on irrational knee-jerk reactions? Or their complete disregard for customer service? Or their failure to properly handle payment information securely?

Please, let me know.

• RenoakuRenoaku Member EpicPosts: 3,157

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=3&t=9338

And their moderator removes the post instead of locking it simply becasue of the publicty of the post and issues it addressed about false bans on other players accounts heck just do a google search.

My advise, avoid playing AGE OF Wushu, its not even worthit they refuse to listen to the complaints from their consumers about false bans, and they refuse to listen to suggestions to improve the game and I was there two months before release the game has potential but the company running this game is absolutely killing it.

I have no plans of renewing my VIP subscription, or paying for anymore cash shop services because of the expensive cost and lack of customization no perm items.

I also checked their billing site and it still looks as if it isn't SSL secured even after I notified them about the issue they stil have not fixed it and say its secure.

I would personally recommend going to a Pay 2 Play game like DarkFall.

• theocculttheoccult Member UncommonPosts: 51

First of all, they are granting 10 days of VIP to accounts that were unjustly frozen:

http://www.ageofwushu.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=11&t=8561

Secondly, do people really believe that ALL who were complaining on the forums over their accounts being frozen, were ALL innocent??  lol

2) The gold sellers are still selling the same product, at the same price, in the same way.

Be truthful now. Price before the bans was 3$ per ding. after 9$. They took  A LOT of bad monry out the game.