Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Dragon's Prophet: Gameplay Tour with SOE's Todd Carson

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Bill Murphy hangs out with Todd Carson (Senior Producer at SOE) to talk about all things Dragon's Prophet. They show off the combat, the dragons, the taming, the training, the crafting, and talk about the PVP, Housing, and even Open Beta!

Check out Dragon's Prophet: Gameplay Tour with SOE's Todd Carson.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• VonatarVonatar Member UncommonPosts: 723
    Seth MacFarlane could totally play Bill Murphy in mmorpg.com the movie!
  • madnosmadnos Member Posts: 84

Er, Is he firing arrows with his sword , or am I seeing things ?

Report that bug :P

• TobrukTobruk Member UncommonPosts: 46
    Originally posted by madnos

did you not even watch the video for more than 3 minutes. Thats one of the first things they point out. Its a Gunblade, like what Lightning uses in FFXIII. It can be used as a sword and a ranged weapon and at higher lvls you can dualweild them.

• NasaNasa Member UncommonPosts: 739
    It's nice to see another game besides GW2 that allow you to share exp and loot without being in group.
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Originally posted by Vonatar

Not to brag, but you should hear my Peter Griffin.  :P

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

Originally posted by Nasa
    It's nice to see another game besides GW2 that allow you to share exp and loot without being in group.

It seems to be a growing trend... thank the gods.

I'm really curious to see the housing and PVP.  Combined with the free-form classes, and the insane amount of dragon customizing, it could be a real addictive little gem.

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Originally posted by Vonatar

Not to brag, but you should hear my Peter Griffin.  :P

your next live cast I wanna hear it!:P

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• achesomaachesoma Member RarePosts: 1,726

I have to say, I really had no interest in this game.  Watching this video has peaked my interest.  Honestly, the name of the game isn't the most creative and it makes it sound like a cheap, Asian cash grab.  I'll keep an eye on this one now and see how it goes.  I do enjoy pet classes so I'll probably have some fun.  Only thing I don't like is lack of support classes which a lot of these more "action" MMOs are getting away from.

Are there any other playable races or is it human only? 

Preaching Pantheon to People at PAX  PAX East 2018 Day 4 - YouTube
  • RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Noooo! No more keys *sadface*

Smile

Originally posted by achesoma

Are there any other playable races or is it human only? 

Human only, it seems.

My Review Manifesto

• madnosmadnos Member Posts: 84
    Originally posted by Tobruk
    Originally posted by madnos

did you not even watch the video for more than 3 minutes. Thats one of the first things they point out. Its a Gunblade, like what Lightning uses in FFXIII. It can be used as a sword and a ranged weapon and at higher lvls you can dualweild them.

My fault , just woke up had no coffee in me yet ,and was running late, so your right :)

I stand corrected , thank you

• Po_ggPo_gg Member EpicPosts: 5,749

I'm not much of a dragon fan (even less a dragon prophet :) ) but the dragon lair part was great... similar like STO's BOff and DOff systems combined.

I mean, having multiple dragons in your stable (officers) with different skills, train them in multiple ways, swapping their skills with field training... and then set up what they do while you're logged out (like the DOffs).

I can definitely see myself training dragons for the market, sounds like an awesome minigame.

• DaranarDaranar Member UncommonPosts: 392
    HOLY CRAP!  This looks awesome!

If I want a world in which people can purchase success and power with cash, I'll play Real Life. Keep Virtual Worlds Virtual!

• MyrdynnMyrdynn Member RarePosts: 2,479

played about 2 hrs so far, its fun, really fun so far.

• ErlijusErlijus Member UncommonPosts: 96
    I bought the medium pack (40 bucks, do not remember the name). Game looks very interesting. One question though, as I am very picky when it comes to User Interfaces : is there a way to reduce the size of the fonts they used throughout the game ? Running in 1680x1050, general font looks too big already, and cut scene font is just like plain huge and ugly. This developper seems to like big fonts, as I remember having made the same comment for Runes of Magic...