Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Looking for some answers...

MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267

Hey guys,

I'm in a desperate need of a new game that could be quite fun.

Age of Wushu is free to play so I have some questions before downloading (have a 240 kb/s connection..)

1... F2P... Is it P2W or anything?

2. Does free players have alot of restrictions?

3. I can see that it's in asia... But is it a asia mmo like FF, Tera, and Aion? I mean the graphic style, combos, and the grind?

Comments

• DerrosDerros Member UncommonPosts: 1,216
    The setting is ancient china and its a martial arts stlye game, so yes, its an asian style game, in the truest sense possible.
  • MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,267
    Originally posted by Derros
    The setting is ancient china and its a martial arts stlye game, so yes, its an asian style game, in the truest sense possible.

If we talk about the gameplay. It is like a Asian MMO, or is it only the art?

• andreibaruandreibaru Member Posts: 43

NO.. it is not an  asian grinder BY ANY MEANS.. in fact

im one of the highest llvls on my server and i think ive killed maybe 20 mobs total in 1 week. This game is different than anythhing youve  ever played. The only way to describe it is EVE in ancient China. The learning curve is astoundingly steep made harder by the  fact the translations  are somewhat  unclear and sometimes objectives can be vague, requiring you to think or simply fumble about or ask for help. As for Depth, there is no game on the market right now with more character progression depth , and this  baby is still way  behind the  iteration that is live in china right now. If you have time to learn a new and different game,  and have a tolerance  for difficulty, then this SAANDBOX is for you. If you want  bread  crumb quests from zone to zone that take you to "level cap" and instance grinding for purple  drops.. this is not the game for  you.. in fact.. nothing that ive  found even  drops gear.  The most precious  drops are recipes and rare mats. The economy is 100%  crafter based.

as for P2w.. no.. there are obvious benfits to playing the 9 dollars a month for vip.. at least for your first month.. but all those advantages fade away as people hit the max lvl for the server's chapter, and then they basically wait for the rest of the server to catch up to them. Anyone pumping money into this game is gonna pwn you now.. and in 2 weeks, will be wondering why their 800 dollar character gets smoked by people withh EXACTLY the  same stats and EXACTLY the same gear, but more skill.

• silvermembersilvermember Member UncommonPosts: 526

The game involves a lot of TIME, but it isn't grinding per say. 

Basically, your leveling is attached very closely to real world time. So to "level" your cultivation skills from 4 to 5 for example will take you 5 hours, the good thing is you can just leave your character afk and let it do it, but in this manner you slowly lose cultivating points (point you need in other to level up). The more effective way however, is the get VIP and have offline cultivating, which cost 9 dollars. A much faster way to level up cultivation is the do team practice and they are always people doing it.

Depending on the server you picked do not pick blue dragon, most of the content interesting aspect of the game will be out of reach for a very long time like script stealing and guild wars since a lot of the players on that server are max level (they level all their school internal skils, which is attach to an invisible ":level"). Ofc script stealing is only for 30 minutes m-sat, so I doubt it matters in the long run.

tl;dr

It has doesn't have grind in the normal sense, but it leveling does involve real world time kinda like EvE. VIP players can cultivate even when not logging in, but regular players most be in to cultivate. cultivating is a passive action unless you choose to do team practice which is significantly faster.

• koboldfodderkoboldfodder Member UncommonPosts: 447

Yes, it is a grinder.  In fact, it is a massive grind game....just that the grind is not "go kill thousands of mobs" type of grind.

You do stuff, you get EXP and then you convert that EXP into points and then you convert those points into whatever skill you are working on at the time.  You pick a martial arts school, and there are three skill lines each with 7 or so skills plus an internal buff....all of which CAN be leveled.  You do not have to level anything, but what is the point of you playing the game then.  The very least is to level your internal level (which is your basic level like in any other MMO).

You can also get any skill from any other school, so when you start doing the math and if you want to get and level all of the skills....well, you will be playing for a loooooong time.

The game is F2P but it is not P2W.  You can pay real money to increase your EXP rates and such, but there is nothing a F2P cannot do.  Plus, because the game is twitch combat, just because you have a bunch of skills leveled does not mean you actually know what they do or how to use them in combat. 

• GdemamiGdemami Member EpicPosts: 12,342

Just to clarify on several misconceptions. The game is nothing like EVE. That is just ridiculous statement and heap of ignorance.

The gameplay is regular themepark game. Just you do not progress to max lvl via quests or killing mobs, you get to max lvl doing the equivalent of themepark endgame content - raids, PVP, events, etc.

The game is F2P so just try it for yourself. All your questions are completely subjective and troll nature. Silly thread.

• ragz45ragz45 Member UncommonPosts: 810
    Originally posted by MikeJezZ

Hey guys,

Age of Wushu is free to play so I have some questions before downloading (have a 240 kb/s connection..)

1... F2P... Is it P2W or anything?  Very much so.  Goon Squad spent 10k RL cash durring the first month they joined the game to equip their guild with full Jade equipment.

2. Does free players have alot of restrictions?  Yes.  there are quite large restrictions for those that don't want to VIP (sub)

3. I can see that it's in asia... But is it a asia mmo like FF, Tera, and Aion? I mean the graphic style, combos, and the grind?  It's more of a realistic artistic style.  It is actually quite beautiful.

• DaezAsterDaezAster Member UncommonPosts: 788
    For from any kind of authority on this game but I think you need to be asking if you want pvp or pve. The game is more of a pvp game and in that regard has a lot of great stuff going on. 
  • AlamarethAlamareth Member UncommonPosts: 570
    Originally posted by ragz45

Hey guys,

1... F2P... Is it P2W or anything?  Very much so.  Goon Squad spent 10k RL cash durring the first month they joined the game to equip their guild with full Jade equipment.

2. Does free players have alot of restrictions?  Yes.  there are quite large restrictions for those that don't want to VIP (sub)

3. I can see that it's in asia... But is it a asia mmo like FF, Tera, and Aion? I mean the graphic style, combos, and the grind?  It's more of a realistic artistic style.  It is actually quite beautiful.

I was waiting for this.

Goons in jade gear - WHAT!?  Like who?  I need names.  Even players like DuGu (among the richest on the server) don't have full jade gear.  Also, $10,000 in gives how much gold?  Let's say 35,000 for the sake of argument. 

That's 350D, which - while a lot, won't even get CLOSE to gearing out a guild.  My total character value is probably somewhere around that and I'm just a lowly VIP.  The Goons are hyperorganized, which is the key to their market success, not the quantity of money they pump into the game.

The restrictions on VIP are primarily growth based.  They can still access everything in the game, just not as quickly as VIP.

• bcbullybcbully Member EpicPosts: 11,838
    Originally posted by Alamareth
    Originally posted by ragz45

Hey guys,

I was waiting for this.

Goons in jade gear - WHAT!?  Like who?  I need names.  Even players like DuGu (among the richest on the server) don't have full jade gear.  Also, $10,000 in gives how much gold?  Let's say 35,000 for the sake of argument. 

That's 350D, which - while a lot, won't even get CLOSE to gearing out a guild.  My total character value is probably somewhere around that and I'm just a lowly VIP.  The Goons are hyperorganized, which is the key to their market success, not the quantity of money they pump into the game.

The restrictions on VIP are primarily growth based.  They can still access everything in the game, just not as quickly as VIP.

LMFAO Goons with jade hahahahahah. This may be the funniest post of the year. 

The goons run a communism system. Everything goes in a pot then redistrubuted through bids. Goons are our allies, Lmfao sorry too funny. 95% of goons are just that goons, 75% of that 95 are dead broke, but they are happy! 

Yeah this is one of those "The Templars buried the holy grail in Virginia" things hahahahh

"We see fundamentals and we ape in"
  • OpapanaxOpapanax Member Posts: 973

LoL HaHa.. Why did guenies even need to be bought up?

Pointless mentioning anything about those scums...

PM before you report at least or you could just block.

• MardukkMardukk Member RarePosts: 2,222

This is not a PvE game.  Don't go into it expecting much from the PvE side of things. 

Also be prepared to pester people with questions or study online for hours.  I read guide after guide and still didn't totally grasp the game.  I like research but this game wasn't interesting research in my opinion.  I could read about camp spots or mob drops in EQ all day long but this stuff is completely different.  I would much rather grind mobs than be restricted by real time skill gain.  

I'm giving it a shot.

I am not crazy about the asian settings. However it is something fresh, and the xp gaining sounds interesting.

Is there only one client, or is there a EU and US?

I', downloading the client in parts - mode, and there's only one.

Oh, I see...

Age of Wushu is US, Age of Wulin is EU...

Since gPotato runs the EU version I will skip this game. sadly

• rodingorodingo Member RarePosts: 2,870
    You should still try the US version and pick one of the four NA servers.  Not that Snail USA is awesome, but I guess they are better than GPotato.  One of our top pvp'ers in my guild is actually an Aussie.  His ping apparantly isn't so bad to where he can't own face.  We also have some Germans.  There are actually a lot of Non-US players that play on the US version for various reasons.

"If I offended you, you needed it" -Corey Taylor