Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Any chance this falling in price any time soon?

2»

Comments

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Originally posted by Jean-Luc_Picard

Seriously, and I'm not meaning that "bad", but to put things in perspective, when at 22 years old you can't afford the occasional $35 video game, you need to find a (better) job. Specially when there's no monthly fee to pay afterwards.

Going to the movies with the family + restaurant afterwards costs more and doesn't provide that many hours of entertainment.

I'm always surprised when people complain they have to pay a little money for something. The guys making games also have families to feed, they aren't a charity and they aren't basement dwellers whose mom feed, wash clothes and pays bills.

Fantastic,so are you saying that you own every single game in the planet because they only costs 35$ each ?

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• Loke666Loke666 Member EpicPosts: 21,441
    Originally posted by Mad-E-Fact

Thing is, I can play TERA for free right now without any restrictions before I decide to drop any money on it. Ditto many other MMOs. So obviously I'm reluctant to buy GW2 only to realize after a week that it's not my cup of tea after all.

That is true and TERA is pretty good but I have a feeling you easily will get your moneys worth out of GW2 anyways. GW2 is larger and have loads of content, in fact I think switching between it and Tera on and off would be an excellent choice. 

But if you cant risk losing 35 euros they will probably have a new trial in august or so. I just dont see the price drop down to 20 the next year.

• PAL-18PAL-18 Member UncommonPosts: 844
    Originally posted by PAL-18

Seriously, and I'm not meaning that "bad", but to put things in perspective, when at 22 years old you can't afford the occasional $35 video game, you need to find a (better) job. Specially when there's no monthly fee to pay afterwards.

Going to the movies with the family + restaurant afterwards costs more and doesn't provide that many hours of entertainment.

I'm always surprised when people complain they have to pay a little money for something. The guys making games also have families to feed, they aren't a charity and they aren't basement dwellers whose mom feed, wash clothes and pays bills.

Fantastic,so are you saying that you own every single game in the planet because they only costs 35$ each ?

I guess you missed a word so I highlighted it for you.

i take that as "no" then.

and im surprised when people complain the have to play a little money for something.

So, did ESO have a successful launch? Yes, yes it did.By Ryan Getchell on April 02, 2014.
    **On the radar: http://www.cyberpunk.net/ **

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    This is the sort of reasoning that makes me approve of temporary content.  I just don't feel that a person who waited around until the game is cheap should get the same perks as someone who paid the normal (and extremely fair) price.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• korent1991korent1991 Member UncommonPosts: 1,364

and im surprised when people complain the have to play a little money for something.

Well if you want to play a game and support the developers you'll buy the game so they can make more games which you'll (pressumably) like and that they make some money out of it to make a living. Gaming bussiness is afterall a bussiness like any other but it involves alot more passion.

"Happiness is not a destination. It is a method of life."
    -------------------------------

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066

Maybe he owns all the videogames that he is interested in since they only cost $35.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• SiphaedSiphaed Member RarePosts: 1,114
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    This is the sort of reasoning that makes me approve of temporary content.  I just don't feel that a person who waited around until the game is cheap should get the same perks as someone who paid the normal (and extremely fair) price.

I double and triple that thought.  People that take the "wait and see" attitude to the game shouldn't get the same kind of perks as those of us who were here playing since Day -3 (headstart, 3 days prior to the real launch date).

Those that have missed out on the Karka event, this Flame & Frost event, the first return of the Mad King,....the first Wintersday....those that just missed it, TOUGH LUCK!

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Siphaed

I double and triple that thought.  People that take the "wait and see" attitude to the game shouldn't get the same kind of perks as those of us who were here playing since Day -3 (headstart, 3 days prior to the real launch date).

Those that have missed out on the Karka event, this Flame & Frost event, the first return of the Mad King,....the first Wintersday....those that just missed it, TOUGH LUCK!

yea all those events were some of the best i have played in a MMO.. halloween was just spectacular.. the final Karka fight even though it was lag city was still a 2+ hour epic battle around the entire island.. then of couse the amazing super adventure box and now the final dungeon to flame & frost.. just some great content there

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317

Not a bad point. I just wish the new dungeon would be there for more than just 12 days, maybe a full month.

It's that new generation, I guess, they want everything for free... they download music, movies, games, with absolutely no respect for the people who actually work to create all those entertainment products.

If they used a specific drop for a temporary time period and then removed the ability to find it,  I would be happy enough with that and they could leave the added content permamently. However, you have to take note that I haven't done the dungeon yet, and I haven't even read about it, so I don' t know how the story part of it plays out. THAT may play a huge role in things, and cause me to change my opinion.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• Gaia_HunterGaia_Hunter Member UncommonPosts: 3,066
    As a player that isn't really interested in a single character and prefers to do its own thing, but regardless buy stuff at day1 or even pre-purchases and keep logging regardless of new content or not, especially in such early stages of the game, I would really prefer if these events are/were permanent or even seasonable.

Currently playing: GW2
    Going cardboard starter kit: Ticket to ride, Pandemic, Carcassonne, Dominion, 7 Wonders

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    EDIT: WRONG THREAD

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2