Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Dev Journal] Elsword: Introducing the Shelling Guardian

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Kill3rCombo has teamed up with MMORPG.com to bring our readers (and viewers) the first-ever information about the new Elsword character, Chung, the Shelling Warrior. Find out more about Chung in our exclusive developer diary, screenshots and introductory video. Then head to the comments to discuss.

After countless adventures, Chung had gained the skill he needed to create the enhanced Shelling Guardian armor and cannon. With the new equipment, he gained remarkable new skills. He learned the art of creating and wielding explosive grenades, as well as the skill to fire at foes from great distances, leveling the battleground with an explosive force never before seen. With his devastating new powers, Chung began his long journey to rid the land of shadow demons and reclaim the lost power of El.

Read more of Kill3rCombo's Elsword: Introducing the Shelling Guardian.

imageimage

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• HolyfleadipHolyfleadip Member Posts: 67

In what way is this an MMO?  It may be an on-line game, but MMO...no.

I've never played this, thus it is a valid question.  However first impression, IMHO, this is something that deosn't belong in any form on this site.

forgot to say.... NO WAY IS IT AN MMORPG.

• RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591
    Originally posted by Holyfleadip

I've never played this, thus it is a valid question.  However first impression, IMHO, this is something that deosn't belong in any form on this site.

How is this not an MMO? MMO= Masively Multiplayer Online game. It's pretty big, later on in the game you basically have to play in parties with other players, otherwise you don't stand a chance, and it's online. Sounds like the exact definition of an MMO to me so thank you MMORPG.com for covering this game and keep up the good work.

Smile

• KuuhnKuuhn Member Posts: 41
    Originally posted by Holyfleadip

The game is absolutely an MMO. I dont understand how people dont comprehend what MMO stands for? Is it multi-player? Yes. Is it massive? Yes, and growing at an incredible rate at the moment too. Is it online? Yes.

MMO.

• MMO is an acronym for MASSIVELY Multiplayer Online. I think people need to relearn adjectives. Too many people confuse massive and massively. Massively is describing the word multiplayer. A game being massive and multiplayer does not make it an MMO. A game must be MASSIVELY Mulitplayer to be an MMO.

By definition an MMO game should have an instance(s) with LARGE numbers of people in them. The amount of players should well exceed the amount that goes into a party/raid by a number of times.

• BTrayaLBTrayaL Member UncommonPosts: 624
    Expect Elsword banners on the front page soon, right mmorpg.com?

• HolyfleadipHolyfleadip Member Posts: 67
    Originally posted by Deznts

MMO is an acronym for MASSIVELY Multiplayer Online. I think people need to relearn adjectives. Too many people confuse massive and massively. Massively is describing the word multiplayer. A game being massive and multiplayer does not make it an MMO. A game must be MASSIVELY Mulitplayer to be an MMO.

By definition an MMO game should have an instance(s) with LARGE numbers of people in them. The amount of players should well exceed the amount that goes into a party/raid by a number of times.

Thank you

• KuuhnKuuhn Member Posts: 41

Sooooo... whats not massive about the player-base in Elsword? Lol. After the recent rush of players from a similar game shutting down, and that it was recently added to Steam.. the massively-multiplayer aspect is through the roof. 

Whats funny about this stuff is that as soon as a person see's something thats side scrolling or not fully 3D they jump right on the "its not an mmo boat"

I'd like to see someone actually justify Elsword not being an mmorpg. Please try your best.