Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Gratz TSW on moving to the top of the "Released Game List"

13»

Comments

• CryseydeCryseyde Member Posts: 70
    Originally posted by Rthuth434
    so what happened? once the usual juggling of spots from a new title ranking(DF:UW) settled GW2 is back at the top. 

TSW dropped .04 points while I was sleeping, so it seems that a bunch of TSW haters came in and gave it a bunch of 1s. On the plus side, TSW is back on the 'most popular' list because of unique hits. Go Haters! Woo!

• Rthuth434Rthuth434 Member Posts: 346
    Originally posted by Cryseyde
    so what happened? once the usual juggling of spots from a new title ranking(DF:UW) settled GW2 is back at the top. 

TSW dropped .04 points while I was sleeping, so it seems that a bunch of TSW haters came in and gave it a bunch of 1s. On the plus side, TSW is back on the 'most popular' list because of unique hits. Go Haters! Woo!

...more like the whole list itself settled. this happens every time there's a new game. you TSW fans just got happy over nothing, a fleeting moment of grace caused by shifting algorithms, lol! the games are ranked relative to eachother, which is why every other game also fell...

[mod edit]

• VorchVorch Member UncommonPosts: 793
    Originally posted by Cryseyde

...more like the whole list itself settled. this happens every time there's a new game. you TSW fans just got happy over nothing, a fleeting moment of grace caused by shifting algorithms, lol!

[mod edit]

This kind of talk is beyond pointless...

It's never enough for someone to be happy with what they have...they must take away from the enjoyment of others.

THERE CAN ONLY BE ONE!

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• HomituHomitu Member UncommonPosts: 2,030
    Originally posted by GrayGhost79
    I'm surprised bc lol. You've been here long enough to know how the ratings here work. 

Exactly lol.  Like who looks at those ratings as an indicator of anything?

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

I think most people have been pretty fair about the game, and have stated things they liked and disliked.  Call them "rainbows and butterflies" if you want, but I think most people have said:

PROs

• Great atmosphere
    • Great PVE and questing
    • Level-free/class-free build system
    • Great/challenging dungeons
    • Investigation and sabotage missions
    CONs
    • Average/poor combat animations
    • PvP needs work
    • Endgame grinding
    • Content quantity
    UP FOR DEBATE:
    • Somewhat "solo-centric"
    • Character models and options

Now people will weight those differently and give it a good or bad review based on those things, and yeah people will need to live with people who like and dislike the game.  Peripheral noise about Funcom "the business" has no relevance to the game itself.

• BeansnBreadBeansnBread Member EpicPosts: 7,254
    The best way to get a game to drop in the ratings is to start a thread about how high the game is in the ratings.
  • DaSpackDaSpack Member UncommonPosts: 589
    Good thing.. Get up there TSW.. Make more money so we AoCers can leech of your welth and get our next Xpansion pack ;)

The Ultimate Breakdown

Someone let me know when the game is on sale and I'll give it a go :)

"As you read these words, a release is seven days or less away or has just happened within the last seven days— those are now the only two states you’ll find the world of Tyria."...Guild Wars 2

• duggyfr3sh123duggyfr3sh123 Member Posts: 95
    they're getting people on funcom's forum to make accounts via proxy to vote up tsw and vote down gw2. think it'll get bugs fixed and add a full staff the funcom? probably not.
    Originally posted by duggyfr3sh123
    they're getting people on funcom's forum to make accounts via proxy to vote up tsw and vote down gw2. think it'll get bugs fixed and add a full staff the funcom? probably not.

It also can just be a good game :/

When you make claims like that, please prove it.

Keep in mind, there are lots of haters on TSW as well (more haters for GW2 on the forums, though).

• GravargGravarg Member UncommonPosts: 3,424

Just proof that noone should ever trust any review numbers.

For me the top three should be:  Rift, Defiance, and WoW...but everyone on this site seems to hate all 3 of those lol.  It's good to be hated I guess :)

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by shadow9d9
    Originally posted by evilastro
    Originally posted by DeaconX
    Originally posted by Sephiroso

Yea! Congrats to TSW for being on top of the Released Game List on a website that has clearly shown evidence of people abusing said system and pushing or dropping games up and down said list according to their wishes.

Isn't that EXACTLY what a polling of opinions is supposed to do?

Of course, that doesn't mean people won't just vote a '1' for a game that clearly deserves much better in a fair world in order to pump up another game they like... but hey, the world is not a fair place.

If they were balanced opinions, sure. But anyone voting a 1 for GW2, WoW or SWTOR is obviously just a troll, even if you dont personally like the game, its obvious that they are above average in quality.

They aren't 1s, but they are also certainly not "above average" in quality...

How many MMOs on the list have you played? 90% of them wish they could even come close to the quality of those games. I mean, there are some really terrible MMOs around. Regardless of your personal feelings on the game, there is no way that any of those three are below average.

For instance, I hate Rift with a passion, it bores the hell out of me. But would I rate it below 70%? Probably not. Because there are a lot of games that are much much worse than it. Thats what being objective is all about. Unfortuntely most MMO gamers are not objective. One bad feature, or if it is the wrong type of game for them (themepark) and they will vote it as a 1 to prove a point that the game is not as good as their cool indie sandbox game. Regardless of the actual quality of the game involved.

At the same time they will upvote their choice of game to 10, even if it has glaring issues with polish or features.

Which pretty much goes back to the rating being rubbish and meaning nothing.

• duggyfr3sh123duggyfr3sh123 Member Posts: 95
    Originally posted by Vorch

Keep in mind, there are lots of haters on TSW as well (more haters for GW2 on the forums, though).

i'm a member of the forums there...there's been several threads about it. also it was discussed in game chat, now go play devils advocate somewhere else.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

There have been a number of threads on the TSW forums specifically targetting MMORPG.com telling people to drum up business here:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=67869&highlight=mmorpg.com&page=7

While noone explicitly states to upvote and downvote, they mention GW2 as the biggest threat. And since its unlikely that they will match the number of hits that GW2 is getting, the easiest thing would be to upvote and downvote.

There have been a number of threads on the TSW forums specifically targetting MMORPG.com telling people to drum up business here:

http://forums.thesecretworld.com/showthread.php?t=67869&highlight=mmorpg.com&page=7

While noone explicitly states to upvote and downvote, they mention GW2 as the biggest threat. And since its unlikely that they will match the number of hits that GW2 is getting, the easiest thing would be to upvote and downvote.

Oh. I stand corrected :D

Kind of sad :(

• OrtwigOrtwig Member UncommonPosts: 1,163

I looked at that thread, and exactly 1 person is there worrying about the game list, and no one there is advocating getting into a fight with GW2 about it or downvoting GW2 -- to me, that's the sign of a mature community    I'd agree that the list is relatively meaningless -- your own opinion about the games you like and dislike is what really matters.   Who cares if TSW is up there now?  In a month it'll be something different.

What amazes me is the number of people who think they need to "save" others from playing a game they happen to dislike.  Take resposibility for yourself -- the rest of the world has plenty of information to make up their own mind.  

• dancingstardancingstar Member UncommonPosts: 362

I saw far more people in that thread (as well as the more recent thread on the TSW forums remarking on TSW's brief time as the highest rated game on this site) arguing against picking a pointless fight with GW2 and its players, or remarking on the general pointlessness and stupidity of game x vs. game y flamefests.

Originally posted by dancingstar

I saw far more people in that thread (as well as the more recent thread on the TSW forums remarking on TSW's brief time as the highest rated game on this site) arguing against picking a pointless fight with GW2 and its players, or remarking on the general pointlessness and stupidity of game x vs. game y flamefests.

Yup, that is a credit to the TSW community :)

Sad that  few bad apples seem to spoil the bunch.

Btw, is the game always 30 bucks?

• VenedVened Member UncommonPosts: 71
    Generaly, around new issue relase TSW is halfpriced at steam or FC shop . Few days ago origin was selling for 15$, so keep eyes open ;)