Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

4:15 am and I'm still on...

SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
Games quite fun so far.

Comments

• KooshdinKooshdin Member Posts: 217

I played about 4 minutes thne logged out...

Its the same old thing just in different graphics 

• jedensuscgjedensuscg Member Posts: 209
    Originally posted by Kooshdin

And you got all that ni 4 minutes? Figuring it takes longer to get out of the tutorial...which I agree is sorta lame.

Not saying like it or hate it, but don't insult something without having a fuller picture.

• KooshdinKooshdin Member Posts: 217
    Originally posted by jedensuscg

And you got all that ni 4 minutes? Figuring it takes longer to get out of the tutorial...which I agree is sorta lame.

Not saying like it or hate it, but don't insult something without having a fuller picture.

Same start as usual...

make characer.... login.... go to the nearby npc..... then just quest after quest... all with just new graphics.

I dont need to see more I got the jist :P

• EsuarfeeeeEsuarfeeee Member UncommonPosts: 91

Same start as usual...

make characer.... login.... go to the nearby npc..... then just quest after quest... all with just new graphics.

i lol'd

• spookydomspookydom Member UncommonPosts: 1,782

Same start as usual...

So you don't like mmorpg's then? Becasue that's how 90% of them work. This game has never pretended it was going to be anything different. Why are you even on this site?

• rojoArcueidrojoArcueid Member EpicPosts: 10,722
    im having fun as well. Yesterday i was playing for like 18 levels with kb/m and was just OK. Last night i set up Xpadder and now is tons of fun with my gamepad. Currently my control wizard is lvl 25 and fight like a boss. Only complain is the root in place. I think that if Cryptic is so afraid of Kiting in PvP they should keep the rooting for PvP but let PvE have mobility. I dont care about pvp and i shouldnt suffer the consequence.

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

The combat is way more fun than i anticipated. Really responsive and fluid. There are very few skills to use, but they can be used in interesting combo's, and most skills i've encountered have multi-uses. I'm playing Rogue right now and nearly all my skills have some sort of stealth modifier (it behaves differently when used from stealth).The stealth mechanics really works for me (i love stealth and backstabs in general), the versitality of stealth is really impressive. You can use it to aid you in combat in all kinds of ways, as an opener, as an escape, all in one fight.

My favorite combo so far is:

- The "teleport to back of mob and backstab" as an opener.

- Instantly stealth.

- Hack away with At-Will's on the weakest mobs until stealth is almost out.

- Use decoy to fill up stealth-bar and stay stealthed, mobs are now hitting decoy (filling my Action Points) and i'm still invisible hacking away.

- If i got my stealth daily up (and it's a harder encounter) use it here to stay in stealth even longer and boost damage.

- before stealth ends use the "Strong attack that crits from stealth" for huge damage on the strongest mob.

- Most stuff is dead by now, in case they aren't just mop up with At-Will's.

That's one possible combo out of... i don't know how many, but loads. Fun as hell :)

• HellidolHellidol Member UncommonPosts: 476
    I am having a ton of fun with this game also, the combat is where its at. Even the pvp is pretty fun.

• SnigerknudSnigerknud Member UncommonPosts: 60
    Originally posted by SupportPlayerMM
    Games quite fun so far.

1+

Am at work right now but wanna play some more soon..

Like the great weapon fighter AFTER lvl 10...the change in the gameplay is very different from lvl 9 -11.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

Same start as usual...

I know! I logged in and saw that the game had a chat window... all with just new graphics. Every MMO I have played has had a chat window.

I dont need to see more, I got the jist.

• Stuka1000Stuka1000 Member UncommonPosts: 955
    Originally posted by spookydom

Same start as usual...

So you don't like mmorpg's then? Becasue that's how 90% of them work. This game has never pretended it was going to be anything different. Why are you even on this site?

correction.  That's how 100% of themepark MMO's work.  There's a lot more to sandbox MMO's if only someone would fund one properly.  Still, we live in hope and as the themeparks die those moneymen need somewhere to invest.

• RelGnRelGn Member Posts: 494

Nothing special about this game i recently played dragons dogma dark arisen and simply i cant play any mmo craps.

If you are looking for the most immersive that looks like d&d experience then try dragons dogma dark arisen and you wont regret it.

• timtracktimtrack Member UncommonPosts: 541

From this mark

-----------------------

Every thread that will ever be created is a Sandbox vs Themepark discussion, regardless of topic.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by timtrack

From this mark

-----------------------

Every thread that will ever be created is a Sandbox vs Themepark discussion, regardless of topic.

Yeah its getting pretty old. Noone cares if you hate themeparks because you are a cool sandbox hipster. Go away.

• SupportPlayerMMSupportPlayerMM Member Posts: 310
    So uh I feel like this modern day sandbox bs is a myth... People play Eve... That's it, They hate Darkfall and any other game that claims to be a sandbox and says it's all incredibly unpolished and crap but they all have this idea that even though 99.9% of sandboxes are considered fail even by their standards .1 is going to launch some day... when .1 does launch a few of them will like it and the others will call it crap.
  • Mamba2Mamba2 Member Posts: 11
    Nice game.4 minute trial? A bit strange, Dungeons are fun and everything a lot smoother from closed beta. Worth a go I think!
  • strattacstrattac Member UncommonPosts: 22
    haha, i have been playing for about 9 hours now, the game is a blast. i have played games with action combat before but man is the combat in NW fun. the pvp really did it in for me. if you havent tried the game, or tried it and havent got past the tutorial, i reccommend atleast trying it till lvl 15
  • sgelsgel Member EpicPosts: 2,197

I played for about a day... only because I was extremely bored.

It plays like 9/10 other mmos that came out in the last 10 years.

If you're looking for something new don't even glimpse at it.

If you're looking for the same gameplay but a different title, give it a play, you might like it.

..Cake..

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

it takes longer to get out of the tutorial...

I hate forced tutorials...same thing as rift you dont even get the option to explore the game at your leisure..

I'm not a huge sandbox advocate nor do i think this is a sandbox quality but i think you should be able to choose.

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102

Same start as usual...

Dude, you just described the tutorial/beginning for every MMO ever.

A person could copy and paste your comment for the reason why they don't play World of Warcraft, Aion, TERA, Star Wars The Old Republic,  or DC Universe Online, and it would still be an accurate description of the beginning of each game while remaining a poor excuse.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• MadDemon64MadDemon64 Member UncommonPosts: 1,102
    Originally posted by sgel

It plays like 9/10 other mmos that came out in the last 10 years.

If you're looking for something new don't even glimpse at it.

If you're looking for the same gameplay but a different title, give it a play, you might like it.

It plays similar to Raiderz, TERA, and several other action oriented MMOs.

If you're sick of action combat MMOs, don't even glimpse at it.

If you're looking for action oriented gameplay, but with several differences, not all of which deal with the combat system itself, when compared to what is available , you might like it.

There, fixed it for you.

Since when is Tuesday a direction?

• Lord.BachusLord.Bachus Member RarePosts: 9,686
    Originally posted by spookydom

Same start as usual...

Precisely...  

Having quests and character geberation does not make a bad mmorpg...

Tough so far i must conclude that the quests and story depth falls miles short of SWTOR  which is still leading, and combat is less spectacular then other action oriented games like GW2, but somehow  its still fun, espescially the mob ai adding much to the picture.

if the community fixes the foundry, and creates some awesome background stories, it will be a very very fun experience.

Best MMO experiences : EQ(PvE), DAoC(PvP), WoW(total package) LOTRO (worldfeel) GW2 (Artstyle and animations and worlddesign) SWTOR (Story immersion) TSW (story) ESO (character advancement)

• Thebrave246Thebrave246 Member Posts: 174
    DDO 2.0 with better graphics and some different elements, really nothing here for me.
  • derek39derek39 Member UncommonPosts: 265

Personally I'm having a blast as well. I love the mini solo dungeon layouts they give you constantly (so far i'm lvl 24). It gives it a really nice console like pace with some pretty interesting bosses that are getting better and better to fight.

I really don't get how people can just judge it so fast. I was ready to disregard this game as well. But little did I know. I'm having way more fun than I thought I would, Playing my CW.

Anyways. That's my opinion.

Monster Hunter since '04!
    Currently playing: MHW & MHGU

• mstrsrevatimstrsrevati Member UncommonPosts: 100
    I just tried NW last night. After creating my character (which i felt was very limited for customization) I went into the game and landed on the beach where i was greeted.  I didn't even understand the quest part because i was too busy trying to figure out how to get my bearings.  I don't like that the mouse controls some kind of targeting system, which i'm guessing is for combat.  I couldn't even click on anything because it was stuck in that mode.  I had no way to open my different windows unless I used the keyboard like C for character.  Trying to move with just the wsde keys is weird.  i'm used to using both my wsde keys and the mouse.  i guess in this game the mouse is for combat only.  i will give it another try today but if  I can't figure out how to use the mouse out of combat then i'm done. Anyone have any info for me please please post it.  i'd like to give this game a fair shot but so far not being able to move normally and click on my hotkeys is annoying.   As for the graphics I've seen much better in older games.  My elf looks weird.  huge slanted eyes and hair that just looks flat and boring.  I guess i'm used to forsaken world where the hair and face and clothes are more ornate.  Please if anyone has any tips on how to get the mouse working so I can point and click let me know.  Good luck to everyone the game seems like it would be fun.