Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

possible "westernization changes" you would like

SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395

I know not many people want any big changes. myself being one of those. I really just want a translation with some minor tweaks.

one thing I would LOVE LOVE LOVE to see, however, is trion fleshing out the pet/taming aspect of the game.

XL origionally planned on having a full fledged taming of pets. this was scrapped for the current "everyone gets a companion" idea. 

I would love for Trion to revisit this and make it so those with the correct skills would be able to tame the wild animals in the game world. would add so much more to the game than simply having everyone running around with a different color wolf.

is this even a thoought? 

what would you like to see? and plz keep it realistic

Comments

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048
    Outside of translating to english, nothing. If i wanted to play a western game I would.
  • LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200
    1. Harsher death penalty
    2. Lower PvP damage
    3. More opened zones on the 3rd continent
    4. Less safe zones

These what came to my mind now, there are a lot more tho...

• LlexXLlexX Member UncommonPosts: 200
    Originally posted by Sebali

XL origionally planned on having a full fledged taming of pets. this was scrapped for the current "everyone gets a companion" idea. 

I would love for Trion to revisit this and make it so those with the correct skills would be able to tame the wild animals in the game world. would add so much more to the game than simply having everyone running around with a different color wolf.

Taming is there, not sure about the live server, but its present on the test server, you can tame bosses (4-6 of them currently):

http://archeagesource.com/topic/1064-battle-pets-wolf-cbt5/?p=26429

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=iTRZ7oGSXsc

• danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Originally posted by LlexX
    1. Harsher death penalty
    2. Lower PvP damage
    4. Less safe zones

Yea like thats going to make ArcheAge any money because there is a big Market for Mortal Online MMOs out there.  Mortal Online has what 5000 people at most maybe?  Thats going to make you what.  A few hundred thousand dollars for a Multimillion Dollar game.  What a great business plan that is to loose money by making your market as niche as possible. 

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by danwest58
    1. Harsher death penalty
    2. Lower PvP damage
    4. Less safe zones

Yea like thats going to make ArcheAge any money because there is a big Market for Mortal Online MMOs out there.  Mortal Online has what 5000 people at most maybe?  Thats going to make you what.  A few hundred thousand dollars for a Multimillion Dollar game.  What a great business plan that is to loose money by making your market as niche as possible. 

Once the PvE crowd realizes its a PvP centric game they will lose their desire to play it anyway.  Its probably not going to be big over here either way.  So might as well go all in for the PvPers.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 31,937

less "cutsey" stuff.

Other than that "let it ride!"

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • JuggernaughtManJuggernaughtMan Member Posts: 22
    Originally posted by k11keeper
    Outside of translating to english, nothing. If i wanted to play a western game I would.

This.

Even though I would trust Trion with any changes, the direction the game is going in is solid at the moment.

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

I hope they just translate only, the game is great just how it is, not too hardcore while at the same time far from casual.

Although we already know there will be changes to character customization which also makes sense.

Truth be told I feel there is room for a more hardcore server ruleset in addition to the standard that we see now. I do believe a less hardcore server ruleset will not work and could be game breaking.

• edenzeroedenzero Member Posts: 16

nothing, just the language.

i honestly wont play the game if i see labeled servers too.

• wormedwormed Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by edenzero

nothing, just the language.

i honestly wont play the game if i see labeled servers too.

Agreed. Just english, please.

• NaughtyPNaughtyP Member UncommonPosts: 793

Hmmmm....

More pirates and krakkens!

That's all.

Enter a whole new realm of challenge and adventure.

• DAS1337DAS1337 Member UncommonPosts: 2,610
    Originally posted by steelwind

I hope they just translate only, the game is great just how it is, not too hardcore while at the same time far from casual.

Although we already know there will be changes to character customization which also makes sense.

Truth be told I feel there is room for a more hardcore server ruleset in addition to the standard that we see now. I do believe a less hardcore server ruleset will not work and could be game breaking.

How can a seperate server with an alternate ruleset ever be game breaking?

I want to pull out my hair when you guys make these comments.  I personally don't want a PVE only server, but at the same time, I see no problem at all if there was such a server.  How would it be game breaking if you didn't play on that server?  You just remove PvP from the continent and let people build there as well.  In fact, a continent with infinite possibilities, where they could design it in any way they deem fit doesn't exactly sound like a bad idea.  It could be a huge adventure zone for raid content.  It could be for player industry only, It could be a giant race course.  I mean, you could literealy go in any direction.

People are just too caught up in insulting others for ideas, not because they are bad, but because it's not the way they want it to be done.  And any other way is blasphemous and could never work.  Then when you actually put some intelligent thought into it, you realize that it could have the potential to be pretty cool.  After all, what is the issue with one out of fifty servers being a little different?  You're not going to play on that server, so why should you even care?  What, just because you want others to suffer?  You are that much of a dick that you can't make one compromise?  That's sad.

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    Originally posted by DAS1337

I want to pull out my hair when you guys make these comments.  I personally don't want a PVE only server, but at the same time, I see no problem at all if there was such a server.  How would it be game breaking if you didn't play on that server?  You just remove PvP from the continent and let people build there as well.  In fact, a continent with infinite possibilities, where they could design it in any way they deem fit doesn't exactly sound like a bad idea.  It could be a huge adventure zone for raid content.  It could be for player industry only, It could be a giant race course.  I mean, you could literealy go in any direction.

People are just too caught up in insulting others for ideas, not because they are bad, but because it's not the way they want it to be done.  And any other way is blasphemous and could never work.  Then when you actually put some intelligent thought into it, you realize that it could have the potential to be pretty cool.  After all, what is the issue with one out of fifty servers being a little different?  You're not going to play on that server, so why should you even care?  What, just because you want others to suffer?  You are that much of a dick that you can't make one compromise?  That's sad.

MMORPG's are all about getting ALL people to play on 1 !  seamsless world.

As long as you add and don't remove you don't violate the MMORPG designe rules and you don't become bad games like the last decade showed which introduced and tainted with single player mentality into MMORPG .  PvE only violates this rule.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• DarthRaidenDarthRaiden Member UncommonPosts: 4,333
    1. Harsher death penalty
    2. Lower PvP damage
    4. Less safe zones

Darkfall has been  sold 150k clients copys, even if retention rate was low it clearly shows there is a market and intrest for harsher rules.

-----MY-TERMS-OF-USE--------------------------------------------------
    $OE - eternal enemy of online gaming
    -We finally WON !!!! 2011 $OE accepted that they have been fired 2005 by the playerbase and closed down ridiculous NGE !!

"There was suppression of speech and all kinds of things between disturbing and fascistic." Raph Koster (parted $OE)

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by JuggernaughtMan
    Originally posted by k11keeper

This.

Even though I would trust Trion with any changes, the direction the game is going in is solid at the moment.

I'll 3rd this (or 4th or 5th or w/e depending on how many have already agreed oO lol). Just translate it and ship it. The big appeal of playing an eastern game is that it is an eastern game. "Westernizing" it kills a lot of the spirit of the game because it is no longer the game invisioned or intended. 

• GrayGhost79GrayGhost79 Member UncommonPosts: 4,775
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden
    1. Harsher death penalty
    2. Lower PvP damage
    4. Less safe zones

Darkfall has been  sold 150k clients copys, even if retention rate was low it clearly shows there is a market and intrest for harsher rules.

Archage as it stands now has a chance at mass appeal, adding in harsher death penalties reduces appeal. So yes, the poster you tried to correct is in fact correct. Making that switch would cost them a great deal more than they would gain. Harsh Death penalties is more suited for niche games that can survive off of a smaller playerbase.

• ThreshThresh Member Posts: 52
    Remodelling of player races.
  • danwest58danwest58 Member RarePosts: 2,012
    Originally posted by DarthRaiden
    1. Harsher death penalty
    2. Lower PvP damage
    4. Less safe zones

If you think 150K players are going to to sustain a game long term in todays MMO market you got another gusse coming.  The only way an MMO will be sustained on 150K is if it has a cash shop and forces people to buy stuff from it.  With MMOs costing Millions of Dollars to make today a few hundred thousand accounts just will not do.  We have too many MMOs on the market as it is.  

• ThorkuneThorkune Member UncommonPosts: 1,969

None of these gargantuan weapons:

• JudgeUKJudgeUK Member RarePosts: 1,676

Limit any RNG in relation to weapon/gear enchanting or similar boosts.

Eastern games seem to love the repetitive try - fail - grind money - try - fail - grind money - try  - fail etc etc 

But this just seems to drive a lot of players to the exit door in the western market. 

Secondly, get the support sorted out. Hopefully with Trion handling this it will be better than eu's recent experiences with Tera/Gameforge. Not sure how it could be worse than that lot really.

I understand this will be Trion's first time as an eastern games publisher. Let's hope there is a fast communication and response path between them and the eastern development team.

Had enough of this - "we have forwarded the issue back to the developer and are waiting a response" - which translates to "you are going to hear nothing about this for several weeks, if at all".

• steelwindsteelwind Member UncommonPosts: 352

A PvE server ruleset would be game breaking simple due to the fact that gold would no longer have value if the risk was removed. The number one most effient way to make gold in AA is by doing trade runs or piracy against those doing the runs. Every time you do a trade run, there is a high risk of failure if you are caught. If that risk was taken away, everyone would be rich and gold would loose it's value. Especially considering that the biggest rewards come from venturing into enemy territory to deliver your goods, you must have the risk to get your reward.

• maccarthur2004maccarthur2004 Member UncommonPosts: 511

I would agree if you was speaking of any other mmo, but with archeage i need to agree with the other guy: archeage without pvp is crap. This game was made from the ground and in every aspect to have pvp, and is the pvp the devs hope to avoid the "themepark trap", retaining players after the "endgame".

• k11keeperk11keeper Member UncommonPosts: 1,048
    As much as I've enjoyed games in the past with little to no PvP this game needs it. PvP seems to be the central focus and like others have pointed out is necessary. Someone the other day posted a narration of a night they had going after the Kraken and it sounded like a blast. From what it sounds like actually fighting the kraken is fairly uneventful but the unsewing battles over the kraken or delivering the packages dropped from the kraken is where the real fun is. Understanding this, the game would probably be very bland at best with just bland PvE battles that seem to pop up in most every game these days. With that extra dimension of PvP fighting over these bosses it can remain exciting and different at almost every attempt for a boss.
  • SebaliSebali Member UncommonPosts: 395
    Originally posted by Sebali

Taming is there, not sure about the live server, but its present on the test server, you can tame bosses (4-6 of them currently):

http://archeagesource.com/topic/1064-battle-pets-wolf-cbt5/?p=26429

http://www.youtube.com/watch?&v=iTRZ7oGSXsc

is this taming available to everyone or just those with the needed skills?

• JuaksJuaks Member UncommonPosts: 271
    Nothing but translation...Keep the red light district please!