Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Why servers empty?

davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
Rift is great geam and  great graphic... why ppls ddont like this game? servers are empty

Comments

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499

I know the reason but you probably won't like it.

Because rift is yet another WoW clone that is worse in almost every way. That's not to say WoW is the best game ever it's just better then Rift.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614
    Originally posted by fantasyfreak112

Because rift is yet another WoW clone that is worse in almost every way. That's not to say WoW is the best game ever it's just better then Rift.

Funny, because to me Rift felt more like some sort of Warhammer Online copy, the graphics engine that is. That made me look further.

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Eh, Rift may be better than WoW, but the answer is correct anyway. Rift is a WoW clone, and themepark design does not retain players.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Everyone went back to wow when mop came out?
  • ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Muke
    That would be because rift uses the same engine as war, fallout3 and oblivion. Gamebryo v2
  • eisenryueisenryu Member Posts: 157
    What? Are you on a trial server? Because those are normally 100% empty. My main's server was heavily populated.

World of Warcraft is the original creation of God. Real Life is in fact a WoW clone.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146

For me there where 4 problems (this doesnt cover anything in the expansion).

1. Rifts are a gimic, a good one, but not enough to distract from the generic quests.

2. Combat is dull, and makes taking on Rift-zergs tedious, when with a TERA style action system they could have been a bit of fun.

3. Dullest character design ever, 2 new races in the expansion would have made some of us very happy.

4. It doesnt have enough of its own character, which is also a problem for mmos coming out like TESO.

It is worth playing, but not subbing to.

• zevni78zevni78 Member UncommonPosts: 1,146
    Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Everyone went back to wow when mop came out?

Oddly enough it seems that way, EU servers have the highest pop I've seen in 3 yrs, even I went back after swearing MoP wouldn't be enough.

• observerobserver Member RarePosts: 3,685
    I tried Rift all last week, and i tried two servers.  Deepwood-US is my main, and i see people everywhere.  I'm only talking about the first 2 zones on Defiant side though, so maybe the mid-level zones are what you're talking about?  It's not dead or empty to me.  The dungeon queues are pretty fast too, and i'm a DPS role.  /shrug
  • Elegance92Elegance92 Member Posts: 93

After playing both of these and some others I'm going to have to disagree.

Rift is frankly better, but not as casual friendly which is why I'm not playing it right now, since I don't have time for that at this stage.

A clone it may be, but its a decent one, and is better than the direction blizzard is currently headed in.

• ScubaSteve34ScubaSteve34 Member Posts: 18

I definitely agree with the guy above, it may be a wow clone, but every aspect EXCEPT PvP is better in Rift imo. Im currently playing, i just dislike the queue times. I see players ALL OVER THE PLACE, i never have any problem running to a rift, and hopping in a group immediately.

• GweniviereGweniviere Member Posts: 30

Also, since the release of Storm Legion, Meridian and Santum are pretty empty as most people hang out in Tempest Bay now.

UO-EQ-L2-EQ2-VG-WoW-DDO-GW-AoC-LoTR-WAR-Aion
    Currently playing: Rift
    Waiting for: EQN