Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Role Players Unite!

Comments

• TamanousTamanous Member RarePosts: 3,026

CONGRATS ALL!!

See all of you on the RP servers!

You stay sassy!

• AthileaAthilea Member Posts: 72

Yessss! 

I'll still be lobbying for it on the backers forums, though, so look for my thread there. It'll likely be under the same name, or a variation of it.

• skyrekskyrek Member Posts: 45
    I'll be there too to help out.  Definitley doesn't hurt to keep it coming up.
  • grvmpybeargrvmpybear Member Posts: 90
    I vote yes for an RP server.

Currently playing: GW2 (Maguuma), DAoC (Uthgard), & Aion
    Waiting For / Watching: TUG, CU, Black Desert, Archeage,Wildstar, and ESO.

Thanks grvmpybear for the support :)
  • p4ttythep3rf3ctp4ttythep3rf3ct Member UncommonPosts: 194
    I'm down for a good RP server. 

That's just, like, my opinion, man.

• RaniontRaniont Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Tumblebutz
    Originally posted by Tayah
    I usually play on RP servers only, for the roleplay environment and the more mature community, even though I'm not the best at roleplaying. I do make up a little story to go with my main so that when I do run into someone who's a RP, I have something to Rp with them about.

Same here.  I don't like to see names of players or guilds which break the immersion for me.  It's been my experience that RP servers offer a more mature and dedicated (and overall more FRIENDLY) crowd and that is something in which I'm interested.  I'm not a huge RP guy, but I'll do my part!

This is my stance as well. I played on two of the RP servers in DAOC. I never RP'd but I liked that I didn't have to see a bunch of warriors named aragorn, or istabu type stuff.

• PineapplesCUPineapplesCU Member Posts: 2
    I would definitely be in favour of an RP server for CU =)
  • RilibrynRilibryn Member UncommonPosts: 1

I would definately be in favor of a RP server!!   I personally think it brings more to the game by being in character, but that's just the way I've been playing MMORPG's for years.

Here's to MJ and the team at CSE for bringing us another great game, and to all those backers who give so that this game shall live!  HUZZAH!! 

Well Met all ye quackers and those of the veil..  Here's to Camelot Unchained!! *raises a goblet of mead in salute*  Hip hip HUZZAH!

Rilibryn Amberdawn,  the Crimson Cleric on Ywain5/DaoC

Thank you everyone that has thrown in the added support in the last few hours.  It is appreciated!  I'm sure Athilea will probably thank you all again too when she gets a chance to check in on the thread :)

I have a feeling we will have a great RP server given the support here and just how the community in general for the game has been on the Kickstarter.

• MerikTheClericMerikTheCleric Member Posts: 2

I'm 105% behind an RP server.  I won't list all the reasons i prefer it as they have been stated many times by many people.  I agree with everyone that it just helps keep the immersion and brings a closer sense of community.

I only hope that it will be enforced, possibly in a comical roleplayish way, and that offenders are left wondering if they're actually missing out on something...make em think twice!

I dearly hope this happens.

Thanks and good luck all!

Dean 'Jester' Daniels

Dean 'Jester' Daniels

Not all those who wander are lost.

• LittleShadow86LittleShadow86 Member Posts: 3
    I would be willing by play on an RP server as well. (Ninja here from KS)
  • EdanyEdany Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Did I say I would be down for this? Because I would definitely be down for this. I have only played on RP servers for the last 15 years... CU can't NOT have an RP server, that would be insane!
  • MerikTheClericMerikTheCleric Member Posts: 2
    Originally posted by Edany
    Did I say I would be down for this? Because I would definitely be down for this. I have only played on RP servers for the last 15 years... CU can't NOT have an RP server, that would be insane!

What she said.  RP servers are what got me where I am today.  And i'm proud of my dorkside.

Dean 'Jester' Daniels

Not all those who wander are lost.

• LittleShadow86LittleShadow86 Member Posts: 3
    Originally posted by MerikTheCleric
    Originally posted by Edany

What she said.  RP servers are what got me where I am today.  And i'm proud of my dorkside.

That is true, I do enjoy it very much, I just have to find out what character to play as this time, and a good name.

• CaledoreCaledore Member Posts: 8

I really hope they do have an RP server. MJ seemed to be very in favor of it, but it's dependent if there's enough community interest for one to actually be opened.

I haven't RPed in an MMO in a long time, but that's in large part because a lot of games don't support it. I would love to see a supported official RP server.

Oh wow. Thank you all so much for the support of this! I will, as I've said, be making a thread by the same title on the backers forums. I'll link it here and in the Reddit thread so that you all will know for sure where it is. Thank you again. <3 

I e-mailed MJ about the rp teir, but I've not gotten a response yet. We shall see.

• PineapplesCUPineapplesCU Member Posts: 2
    Well you have my vote wherever you need it =)
    Thank you. I'm sure this has helped to show MJ that there is need for one, but it'll be better to consolidate the people that posted on Reddit with the ones that posted here, and include people that may never actually see either of these threads all in one happy forum! XD I said that oddly.
  • CaledoreCaledore Member Posts: 8
    Once there's a thread on the backer's forum, I think we'll see even more support. Based on comments I saw on the subject on the KS feed, there were a lot of people who like the idea of an RP server. And if we do get one - I hope some of the lighthouse and inn backers join us! Those tiers had some great roleplaying potential.
    Oh I know what you mean, Cale. If I could have afforded to do it then I would have gotten an inn and an island. One for me and one for my hubby. Oh well.

I know if I had more cash an Island, Inn, or even the Lighthouse would have been awesome.  As it is I still managed to talk myself in to go up to Living Large 2 before the end.  Funny is I started at Warrior Forever and jumped to to the Whole Schmear because I wanted a few of the other things it had and also to give extra support to the game.  Should be cool having my own specialized house at least :)

And before I forget welcome new backers of the rp server :)

Oh man, I would have done Living Large as well if I could have. -_- Oh well. I'm still getting some pretty neat stuff with the teir I went for so...huzzah!
    MJ did a good job with even the lower tiers for the rewards.  Even though there is always the "I wish I could have gotten x" at least even before I made that last jump I was quite satisfied with where I had been.
    Yeah, the teirs are good. You've got no complaints from me on the teir I have. I was certainly envious of some of the heigher teirs though.