Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Should I buy direct or through Steam?

I read that there are different issues based on Steam version or direct version.  Steam version with performance and direct version with slow patching.  Can somone elighten me a bit so I can make a good decision. 

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

Comments

• tristanryantristanryan Member Posts: 233

I cant say either way because i purchased directly from DFUW website. I see a lot of players ingame complaining about some type of steam overlay issue regarding random keys taking screen shots when they arent supposed to. Apparently this hitches your game for a sec or two and that can be a bad thing at the wrong time in DFUW.

Having said that, Steam is an excellent service and i use it with many games. Good luck.

P.S. (edit)

Make sure you buy this game immediately! Give it time and you'll see why.

• BeadmanBeadman Member UncommonPosts: 154
    Originally posted by tristanryan

I cant say either way because i purchased directly from DFUW website. I see a lot of players ingame complaining about some type of steam overlay issue regarding random keys taking screen shots when they arent supposed to. Apparently this hitches your game for a sec or two and that can be a bad thing at the wrong time in DFUW.

Having said that, Steam is an excellent service and i use it with many games. Good luck.

P.S. (edit)

Make sure you buy this game immediately! Give it time and you'll see why.

I don't play Darkfall but as a Steam user I can say that all of the keys can be changed. I personally disabled the overlay for the better part of a year before turning it back on recently.

• gamekid2kgamekid2k Member Posts: 360
    I have decided to go throuh the Steam route. 

Now Playing: DARKFALL Unholy Wars "Return to Open World, Full Loot PvP, Conquest in a Sandbox MMO with player driven economy! Just like classic MMOs!"

• BadaboomBadaboom Member UncommonPosts: 2,380
    Originally posted by gamekid2k
    I have decided to go throuh the Steam route. 

Be sure to let us know what you think of it.

• kadepsysonkadepsyson Member UncommonPosts: 1,919

Many MMOs bought through steam can simply be downloaded or run without Steam.  Since the game account would still be through a key registered with the game company, you can download their standalone client if you wish keeping the steam entry and bonuses.

However, Aventurine

• shellshockroshellshockro Member UncommonPosts: 20
    First thing that came to my mind was...or at all.