Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

"This game has not launched, it's still in beta, give it a break!!"... lol

RaganaRagana Member Posts: 458

The game HAS launched. What Cryptic is doing will destroy the MMO industry. Companies will start using these "soft launches" as a money grab and as a way to release an unfinished product.

Guess what? They took your money and the characters are not getting wiped- the game has launched.

Veni, Vidi, Vici

Comments

• SwampDragonsSwampDragons Member UncommonPosts: 352
    Originally posted by Ragana

The game HAS launched. What Cryptic is doing will destroy the MMO industry. Companies will start using these "soft launches" as a money grab and as a way to release an unfinished product.

Guess what? They took your money and the characters are not getting wiped- the game has launched.

Cheese?

• CacaphonyCacaphony Member Posts: 738

Pretty sure they didn't take my money like some deceptive villian. I paid them money willingly. Hope that doesn't make you mad or anything. Im having fun, when I can actually log in that is. :P

• DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030

Whilst I agree with yout hwe game has actually launched I find the rest of your post kinda melodramatic as these "Soft Luanches" have been standard practice for F2P MMORPG companies for nearing a decade now.

• ReizlaReizla Member RarePosts: 4,092
    Originally posted by Cacaphony

Pretty sure they didn't take my money. I paid them money. Hope that doesn't make you mad or anything. Im having fun, when I can actually log in that is. :P

Same here... Lets see in 15 minutes from now if the server upgrades are enough to hold the hordes of players or that we have to wait again...

• Arathir86Arathir86 Member UncommonPosts: 442

I saw this game for what it was way before Beta... sometimes you just go with your gut instinct, and my belly was grumbling the day I heard of Neverwinter... such a shame to sully such a great IP.

But seriously, "Destroy the MMO Industry" ? C'mon now...

"The problem with quotes from the Internet is that it's almost impossible to validate their authenticity." - Abraham Lincoln

• Very_bad_dreamsVery_bad_dreams Member Posts: 10
    That's an opinion, but it is far from factual. Thanks for sharing.
  • jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    Originally posted by Reizla
    Originally posted by Cacaphony

Pretty sure they didn't take my money. I paid them money. Hope that doesn't make you mad or anything. Im having fun, when I can actually log in that is. :P

Same here... Lets see in 15 minutes from now if the server upgrades are enough to hold the hordes of players or that we have to wait again...

Nope, just getting timed out every time.

• TalonsinTalonsin Member EpicPosts: 3,619

The miracle patch will fix everything...

"Sean (Murray) saying MP will be in the game is not remotely close to evidence that at the point of purchase people thought there was MP in the game."  - SEANMCAD

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183

What money? It surely wasn't mine.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300

Not to be a pain here, but your making multiple threads trying to tell people that this game is shallow. I understand you don't like it, but do you need to create multiple threads about it? Not only that but your spreading mis information in your other thread, I suggest you take care of the other discussion you started before starting new ones. And do some more research please.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Originally posted by Wakygreek

Not to be a pain here, but your making multiple threads trying to tell people that this game is shallow. I understand you don't like it, but do you need to create multiple threads about it? Not only that but your spreading mis information in your other thread, I suggest you take care of the other discussion you started before starting new ones. And do some more research please.

Yes fans of a game hate it when all you do is post trash about how much you hate the game over and over again. If you hate a game its best to move on =-)

• birdycephonbirdycephon Member UncommonPosts: 1,314
    I think they just couldnt wait to start making money off of it. Probably saw the hype was waining, and figured they better launch asap.
  • PieRadPieRad Member Posts: 1,108

Saying "OPEN BETA" is a great way to fool the drooling hordes.

DONT BE WORRYZ GUISE! ITS ONLEE BEEDA.. behuerh

• reeereeereeereee Member UncommonPosts: 1,636

To be fair this isn't that much worse than what FFXIV did at launch.

I think this topic was throughly cover in a similar thread, only without the sarcasm in the title.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803
    Originally posted by reeereee

I think this topic was throughly cover in a similar thread, only without the sarcasm in the title.

Oh no what FFXIV did at launch was 10 times worst.  They launched  game knowing full well it was broken at it's core for no other reason than to collect box sales.

Not that I am one to give PWI/Cryptic license to do this crap either.  The game is launched and honestly it should be judged good or bad for what it is just like any other game.  I don't think it's a horrible game personally but it's not a long term home either.

• ZinzanZinzan Member UncommonPosts: 1,351
    Beta is beta.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• AG-VukAG-Vuk Member UncommonPosts: 823

It's what Cryptic does. They're the equivalant of used car salemen in the gaming idustry. This made be beta, but don't kid yourself for a minute the game will release wi a lot fo the same issues that it had in beta. It's how Cryptic rolls , look through CO and STO's issues.

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by AG-Vuk

It's what Cryptic does. They're the equivalant of used car salemen in the gaming idustry. This made be beta, but don't kid yourself for a minute the game will release wi a lot fo the same issues that it had in beta. It's how Cryptic rolls , look through CO and STO's issues.

Beta is pretty much the released product most of the time for F2P games regardless of the company. You don't normally see huge changes even in some AAA games until major patches down the road. I wouldn't put the blame solely on Cryptic but realize that this is a industry wide problem of developers hiding behind " its beta". Companies are giving us incomplete games... have been for a long time.

• RalstlinRalstlin Member UncommonPosts: 234
    Originally posted by udon
    Originally posted by reeereee

Oh no what FFXIV did at launch was 10 times worst.  They launched  game knowing full well it was broken at it's core for no other reason than to collect box sales.

Not that I am one to give PWI/Cryptic license to do this crap either.  The game is launched and honestly it should be judged good or bad for what it is just like any other game.  I don't think it's a horrible game personally but it's not a long term home either.

Yeah, and they learned about it... new FFXIV beta will be more than half a year...

Other companies didnt learn a shit, they still trip over stone twice.. and more if they see a dollar close

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

I agree with you completely. This game is launched, no amount of arguing, changing definitions or calling things a beta will turn it into a beta.

But... Cryptic isn't anywhere near the first to do this kind of thing.

The main culprit recently was Path of Exile... though they seemed to get a free pass because thier ftp model is probably the best ever made.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Vannor

I agree with you completely. This game is launched, no amount of arguing, changing definitions or calling things a beta will turn it into a beta.

The main culprit recently was Path of Exile... though they seemed to get a free pass because thier ftp model is probably the best ever made.

um no...I remember threads like this when PoE launched to so they didn't get a free pass.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by Drakynn
    Originally posted by Vannor

um no...I remember threads like this when PoE launched to so they didn't get a free pass.

I didn't see much about it.. not like this anyway.

That's not the point though. The point is, yeh it's shit that companies are starting to do this more and more but the blame shouldn't fall on Cryptic just because they are the last ones to do it.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • MibletMiblet Member Posts: 333

Hehe 'companies will start'...

It's a longstanding practice for F2P titles.  Open beta for a F2P is the launch, then after a while it becomes 'official' (usually without many people noticing it even happening).  It's been used to excuse bugs for a long time, only people didn't used to defend it as a good move as much...

As I have said before it's a cynical marketing ploy that treats it's customers as idiots, or profits from apathy.  Though the end of MMOs it is not.  This isn't even the worst culprit in gaming, WarZ has this beat hands down, they didn't even let reality get in their way.