Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained Kickstarter Progress Discussion

Comments

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303
    Originally posted by Troianman
    Given those empty spots I am now wondering what will be at 2.75 and 3 mill.

Only one way to find out ...

• PsychoPigeonPsychoPigeon Member UncommonPosts: 565
    This is the greatest day in all your lives
  • KyleranKyleran Member LegendaryPosts: 43,498
    Originally posted by Tayah
    Originally posted by meddyck
    The best thing about CU funding is we can get off this crappy site with its one progress thread and its endless trolls who can't seem to figure out they don't have to read threads in the CU forum. Bring on the official backers' forum....

Aye, can't wait to have our own forum. Just gonna delete this acct once we have our own forums

Er, without this forum it's likely that this title would have never funded.

Remember, every  "troll" provided publicity, and in this sort of thing any sort of buzz is a good thing, keeps it on people's minds.

"True friends stab you in the front." | Oscar Wilde 

"I need to finish" - Christian Wolff: The Accountant

Just trying to live long enough to play a new, released MMORPG, playing New Worlds atm

Fools find no pleasure in understanding but delight in airing their own opinions. Pvbs 18:2, NIV

Don't just play games, inhabit virtual worlds™

"This is the most intelligent, well qualified and articulate response to a post I have ever seen on these forums. It's a shame most people here won't have the attention span to read past the second line." - Anon

• aylwynnaylwynn Member Posts: 94

Since CU Kickstarter I've been avoiding mmorpg.com due to haters and even this childish shit like "oh its not gonna fund!" - "no, its gonna fund, you dipsh*t" just to piss on each other wasn't neccessary at all.

I apprecciate that there ARE indeed people who respect this CU flood since there was more GW2 and TESO spam. Why not talking about non-AAA titles? I was one of those who were disappointed and pissed by GuildWars 2. Camelot Unchained is a good place for those "RvR-nomads" who have been roaming since DAoC or even WAR from game ... to game ... to game. Camelot Unchained is a new chance for this ... well, let me call it minority. I like to see that there are still people who just pass by, say congrats without some unneccessary hateflood.

After all ... to those who pass by in every MMOthread they don't like: Its called mmorpg.com. There are almost ALL MMORPGs here ... I'm not interrested at all into ArcheAge or DarkFall: Unholy Wars and I still don't summon some hateflood in those threads. Such ranting destroys this platform which should be for EVERY MMORPG-community.

Back to topic: I hope it reaches $2.5 for depths! :) Would be just awesome to see this.

Edit: Thanks to those people on this forum who still have been support or respecting Camelot Unchained.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by aylwynn

Back to topic: I hope it reaches $2.5 for depths! :) Would be just awesome to see this.

pretty sure after paypal opens for Eurpoean supporters it will break 2.5

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• chrissreefchrissreef Member Posts: 24

Who is Judy? (from all the comments... did she ding us 2M?

Does Stretch goals include Paypal when that opens?? 2.5 will be tough with KS alone 

Thx

• TroianmanTroianman Member Posts: 82
    Originally posted by Rocketeer
    Originally posted by Troianman
    Given those empty spots I am now wondering what will be at 2.75 and 3 mill.

Only one way to find out ...

Hehe, unfortunately I am not in a position to pledge more than the $250 I already have so I have to just ride it out until MJ spills the beans.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452

Well done CU, got there in the end.

• RefMinorRefMinor Member UncommonPosts: 3,452
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    The best thing about CU funding is we can get off this crappy site with its one progress thread and its endless trolls who can't seem to figure out they don't have to read threads in the CU forum. Bring on the official backers' forum....

Bye

Yes, you will be much missed, your open hearted joining of our community has been much appreciated.

• JacobinJacobin Member RarePosts: 1,009

Amazing, its always funny how everybody wants to get into the party at the last second.

BTW thanks to all the haters who keep giving CU hits and increasing the post count, couldn't have done it without you!

Originally posted by chrissreef

Who is Judy? (from all the comments... did she ding us 2M?

Does Stretch goals include Paypal when that opens?? 2.5 will be tough with KS alone 

Thx

yes they include paypal 

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• AragoniAragoni Member UncommonPosts: 384
    Lol... this is the weirdest impulse I've ever had. 5 hours ago I didn't give 2 cents about it bit now I've gotten the 'Hero Forever'-package...... :O
    Originally posted by Aragoni
    Lol... this is the weirdest impulse I've ever had. 5 hours ago I didn't give 2 cents about it bit now I've gotten the 'Hero Forever'-package...... :O

lol yea that's a hell of an impulse buy :P

• SpeelySpeely Member CommonPosts: 861
    I am smiling from ear to ear. I am so goddamn happy!!!

However, I think it very petulant to hate on a site that you use daily and the community that exists on it. Let's call it a day on the hate and bragging and "I told you so"s, folks. This community existed before many of us came here. I for one plan to stick around after the backers forums go live because I think these forums well-run and a good source of information and discussion.

Also, we made it!!!!!!

It'shappening.gif
  • KruulKruul Member UncommonPosts: 482
    Awesome news ! ! ! ) Can't wait to start testing
  • grimjakkgrimjakk Member Posts: 192
    Originally posted by RefMinor
    Originally posted by eyelolled

Bye

Yes, you will be much missed, your open hearted joining of our community has been much appreciated.

Aww.   I kinda like it here.  It's (sniff) a bit (sniff) ripe...

... but at least it's warm.

• chrissreefchrissreef Member Posts: 24
    How can I see a replay of CSE and Mark getting emotional? Is there a "replay" on twitch I'm not seeing? 
  • SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Originally posted by Nihilist

Amazing, its always funny how everybody wants to get into the party at the last second.

BTW thanks to all the haters who keep giving CU hits and increasing the post count, couldn't have done it without you!

Heh, I think a lot of people increased their pledges just because of all the haters :P. I ended up increasing my pledge by $2,000.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

• ZubeiiZubeii Member UncommonPosts: 28
    Originally posted by Searias
    Originally posted by Nihilist

Heh, I think a lot of people increased their pledges just because of all the haters :P. I ended up increasing my pledge by $2,000.

Daaamn, I would have went for a lighthouse if I had the funds.  Stuck with my Living Large and a Young Hero for the GF.

• GrimborGrimbor Member Posts: 23
    Originally posted by taus01

Congratulations CU!

I am looking forward to the years of development and the many tears of people that put $250+ into this game when and if it releases to a completely changed market in about 3-5 years with less than 15,000 loyal players/backers.

Well done and good luck to you all.

Completely changed market?  You mean no more themepark trash?  I would look forward to that too.

• david06david06 Member Posts: 183

Just topped 2.1 million and got that stretch goal...what happened?

Last time I checked we were still 150k down and now we're 100k up. It's great news though. I might upgrade from my $25 tier to something better.

Originally posted by david06

Just topped 2.1 million and got that stretch goal...what happened?

Last time I checked we were still 150k down and now we're 100k up. It's great news though. I might upgrade from my $25 tier to something better.

nice so archers are in.. i'm pretty sure it will hit the 2.5 million by the end of the paypal month to get the depths in at launch!:)

• ComafComaf Member UncommonPosts: 1,150
    CAMELOT HAS BEEN UNCHAINED....

Backers

$2,116,151

pledged of $2,000,000 goal

14 hours left...(note the MIDGARD COLORS)....  =D

CONGRATULATIONS MR. JACOBS!!!!

Originally posted by Comaf
    CAMELOT HAS BEEN UNCHAINED....

Backers

$2,116,151

pledged of $2,000,000 goal

14 hours left...(note the MIDGARD COLORS)....  =D

CONGRATULATIONS MR. JACOBS!!!!

spike in number of backers was a surprise.. i figured it would jump to maybe 12k but already over 13k and still coming in

• xenoclixxenoclix Member UncommonPosts: 298
    Watching kickstarter goals and projects achieve or not is like watching a drama lol.