Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained: Funding Goal Reached

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

City State Entertainment has announced that Camelot Unchained has reached its initial $2M funding goal on KickStarter! With just under a day left, the team soared over the mark earlier today.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• Autumnstorm27Autumnstorm27 Member Posts: 9
    Can't wait!!! :)
  • RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Grats and everything, but any reason why MMORPG staff feel the need to post something that the forums are already in an uproar with multiple threads anyway? This is getting kinda old.
  • HagnarHagnar Member UncommonPosts: 39

Congratulations, City State Entertainment! 

Born as a berserker, I was also a hero, a bounty hunter, a paladin ,a troubador and a paladin once again during my Mmo''s experiences .. Now travelling in a galaxy looking for a new adventure

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Wakygreek
    Grats and everything, but any reason why MMORPG staff feel the need to post something that the forums are already in an uproar with multiple threads anyway? This is getting kinda old.

this happens with everything.. big game patches annoucements ect.. usually people post threads a bit before mmorpg.com staff gets to it

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• Shadowguy64Shadowguy64 Member Posts: 848

Haha...they locked the "CU Funded" thread on the CU forums.

I'm surprised this news article hasn't been locked too and Suzie issued a stern reprimand! ;-P

• BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565

Gents, news articles trump threads.  There are forum posts tied to news articles, not the other way around.  :)  

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• NanulakNanulak Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Grats All!  MMORPG included.

Nanulak

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by BillMurphy

Gents, news articles trump threads.  There are forum posts tied to news articles, not the other way around.  :)  

Thanks for the clarification Bill and Aerowyn, I think this is a case where i typed first and thought it out afterwards, my apologies.

• etlaretlar Member UncommonPosts: 855

GZ, glad it funded, and i hope that what we heard is as good when playing, one day.

Alot of good features are planned, and i hope it turns out better than waht we have seen in the last few years! :)

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

News articles also come up on the RSS feeds and stuff like that.. I find it useful anyway. I don't always have time to check the forums.

Anyway, on topic, I didn't donate towards this game (I'm against all things kickstarter and the way it works) but I'm glad others have donated though and I look forward to seeing what they come up with.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • LordSneergLordSneerg Member Posts: 119
    Grats to all the contributors. I hope this game can live up to the hype. I will be watching the development of this game closely. Sounds like a lot of fun. 
  • TribeofOneTribeofOne Member UncommonPosts: 1,006
    you're welcome pvpers.. image
  • EaderbrecaEaderbreca MMORPG.com StreamerMember Posts: 44
    Happiest day ever<3

(¯`v?¯) Sophie Breca (?.•?¯`•?.•*?¯`•*
    `*.?.*? Streamer at MMORPG.com
    (\__/)?.•?.•* DAoC PC Staff?)?.•*?)
    (="."=) (?.•? twitter.com/SophieBreca (?.•?
    (")_(")youtube.com/user/sophiebreca
    facebook.com/user/eaderbreca

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Well done CSE, and all of the backers. We got it done!

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Grats, hope it turns out to be the game you all hope for =-) If it is I may try it as well lol
  • bambookbambook Member UncommonPosts: 180

just bought giga media shares ! when this game is out, they will sky rocket, suggest u do the same.

PS: gigamedia is partners with city state entertainment , one influences the other. so buy stock now .

• Ramonski7Ramonski7 Member UncommonPosts: 2,662
    Grats to CSE and all their backers! Can't wait to try it out in a couple of years. That being said I wonder how much CSE is going to compromise in order to maintain sustainability going forward? I know already that Mark's level of compromise is far below that of many of his backers. And we all know mmo budgets tend to grow not shrink.

"Small minds talk about people, average minds talk about events, great minds talk about ideas."

• ABRaquelABRaquel Member UncommonPosts: 541
    Congratulations to Mark and his team, as well to everyone that pledged.  I might not have been interested in the game, but at least I was rooting for you all.
  • MidBossMidBoss Member Posts: 93

2~ years of the most ridiculous hype cult I've ever seen.

Congrats to the people that wanted this game, just try and keep your enthusasum to a reasonable level.

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556
    Originally posted by MidBoss

Might be time to go back into MMO news blackout.

Not ridiculous at all once you take a second to realize that these people are starving for an MMO. Hardcore MMORPG veterans have not had a big name veteran/company make a game for them in 9 years.

How would you be if for 9 years you watched your favorite genre crumble to ruin?

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by DavisFlight

Not ridiculous at all once you take a second to realize that these people are starving for an MMO. Hardcore MMORPG veterans have not had a big name veteran/company make a game for them in 9 years.

How would you be if for 9 years you watched your favorite genre crumble to ruin?

If this was the mmo that they are looking for with the team behind then I truely feel sorry for the future of this genre.  Everything about this project reeks of mediocrity imo.  From the lack of no PvE to the rushed focus to crowd source a product with no tech demo involved.

Good luck I suppose, game may see light of day in 2-3 years until then what are you going to do?  Continue your incessent raging against anything considerded popular or mainstream?

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• grimjakkgrimjakk Member Posts: 192
    Originally posted by azzamasin

If this was the mmo that they are looking for with the team behind then I truely feel sorry for the future of this genre.  Everything about this project reeks of mediocrity imo.  From the lack of no PvE to the rushed focus to crowd source a product with no tech demo involved.

Good luck I suppose, game may see light of day in 2-3 years until then what are you going to do?  Continue your incessent raging against anything considerded popular or mainstream?

I will do what I've done since with every MMO I've played since DAOC... I will squeeze each lemon for all the juice I can wring out of it, then move on to the next one.  ;)

• DavisFlightDavisFlight Member CommonPosts: 2,556

Are you..trolling?

There is PvE, as well as many other things in the game. And you can't develop a game before you get funding for it. They produced a working prototype in like, 8 days.

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Are you..trolling?

There is PvE, as well as many other things in the game. And you can't develop a game before you get funding for it. They produced a working prototype in like, 8 days.

There is NPC guards and NPC merchant but there is no PvE questing, leveling or traditional PvE systems.  The thing that ALL RPG's are built upon!!!!!!  While I enjoy RvR the most out of the 3 typical MMO PvP designs ( others being FFA & Instanced BG) having a game based entirely on PvP is not something I want to play.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 627

Are you..trolling?

There is NPC guards and NPC merchant but there is no PvE questing, leveling or traditional PvE systems.  The thing that ALL RPG's are built upon!!!!!!  While I enjoy RvR the most out of the 3 typical MMO PvP designs ( others being FFA & Instanced BG) having a game based entirely on PvP is not something I want to play.

I agree... "that" and I suck at PvP mostly LOL. I don't have oodles of time to master a game in order to compete on an open field with others.