Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained - Funded!

Comments

• Instigator-JonesInstigator-Jones Member UncommonPosts: 530
    Lol! Alpha in 6 weeks would mean playing with paper dolls! According to MJ: alpha access is August 2014.
  • JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308
    Stretch goals go go.

Hi

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by MindTrigger
    Originally posted by AdorianBlade

Now you have to sit back and wait two years for beta access... ;)  I know the feeling...

I decided to pass on backing this one because I've backed three other games that are in dev.  I figure if I'm still dying for a game in 2015, I'll probably be done playing MMOs for good.  I've waited long enough, and stuff better happen in 2013-14.

Alpha access in projected 6weeks i heard.

I've been in about 30 Alphas.  They are about as much fun as scrubbing the toilet with a toothbrush in most cases.  Good luck with that.

heh that's true most alphas are very rough.. worst are the ones from other countries where nothing is translated and hardly anything works lol

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• EdanyEdany Member UncommonPosts: 179
    Originally posted by Instigator-Jones
    Lol! Alpha in 6 weeks would mean playing with paper dolls! According to MJ: alpha access is August 2014.

Alpha is August 2014, Internal Testing is projected to be about 6 - 8 weeks out. 

[mod edit]

Also:

Stretch Goal #1 is the Archer Class - $2.1 Mil goal - confirmed.

• strangiato2112strangiato2112 Member CommonPosts: 1,538
    Originally posted by Xthos

Congrats to them, and I am glad to see a game that a lot of people are passionate about being made getting funded.  I thought it was done for until the last few days.  I am uncertain if I will like the end product, but I will probably try it when it gets made.

I was pretty sure it w2ould fund all along, but otherwise I agree with you.  Not a big PvPer but if the other aspects turn out well (crafting, community things) I may play it...unless EQNext takes up all my time.

• blastermasterblastermaster Member UncommonPosts: 259

"Again with the spam?? Is`nt there a thread for the kickstarter progress!?!"

lolll sorry.. could'nt resist!! ;)

WOOT! Grats to CSE and all backers!!! =D

• TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299

woohoo congrats everyone! wow it's already up to 2.02 as well. May hit 2.1 in these last 20 hours.

Who knows what we'll hit with 30 days of paypal too!

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• morbuskabismorbuskabis Member Posts: 290

Quite happy it got funded and the madness will have a end =)

image -Massive-Industries- Heavy Duty

• ThupliThupli Member RarePosts: 1,318

Here's to Mark!

Take this as your validation.  People forgive, so time to make a good game!

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    I'm happy it funded and even happier the Kickstarter will be over tomorrow. Now maybe Mark can finally reveal how RvR will work? image (Go go, archers!)

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• bill4747bill4747 Member Posts: 202

Where's my THANE?

But seriously, I am happy the kickstarter went well, and I am a lifetime member. Or one dollar a year member, or whatever.

Thane! Thane! Thane! Thane!

• HagnarHagnar Member UncommonPosts: 39
    Gratzzzzzzzzzzzz! :D

Born as a berserker, I was also a hero, a bounty hunter, a paladin ,a troubador and a paladin once again during my Mmo''s experiences .. Now travelling in a galaxy looking for a new adventure

• professornomosprofessornomos Member Posts: 67
    Originally posted by AdorianBlade

Now you have to sit back and wait two years for beta access... ;)  I know the feeling...

I decided to pass on backing this one because I've backed three other games that are in dev.  I figure if I'm still dying for a game in 2015, I'll probably be done playing MMOs for good.  I've waited long enough, and stuff better happen in 2013-14.

Alpha access in projected 6weeks i heard.

Pretty sure you're confusing CSE Internal Testing with Alpha.  CSE Alpha is pretty much F&F beta

• SBE1SBE1 Member UncommonPosts: 340

Congrats on funding.  I was very surprised by the surge in funding the last few days, but as others have said it seems rather common for KS for that to happen.

I'm in at $250.   Hope this game can be somewhat close to the hype.

• TaldierTaldier Member CommonPosts: 235
    Originally posted by Axxar
    Originally posted by outd00rminer

Less celebration and more stretch goals plz!

This. I believe he said archer at probably 2.1 mill. I wonder what it'll be for The Depths.

Depths in at launch is confirmed at 2.5 mil.

• UlorikUlorik Member UncommonPosts: 179

great news !

[mod edit]

• Autumnstorm27Autumnstorm27 Member Posts: 9
    Woot now I can stop sweating it! :D
  • naezgulnaezgul Member Posts: 374

MJ already stated archers 2.1

depths 2.5

im sure you will see some in between

• TealaTeala Member RarePosts: 7,627
    Congrats!  Hope those that helped fund the making of CU get the game they want.   :)
  • noblotnoblot Member Posts: 287

One word ...  DING!

Grats to everyone :)

• Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483
    Originally posted by naezgul

MJ already stated archers 2.1

depths 2.5

im sure you will see some in between

It's up on the main page now

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/13861848/camelot-unchained

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot

• ZierrityZierrity Member UncommonPosts: 242

While not being a backer myself, I just want to congratulate everyone who backed the game :)

You made this happen, and I truly hope this games will be everything you're hoping for ;)

You might be a minority, but you deserve a game to call home, no less then any other crowd. 

Again, Congratulations guys! and best wishes to Mark and his team :)

• RictisRictis Member UncommonPosts: 1,300
    Originally posted by Teala
    Congrats!  Hope those that helped fund the making of CU get the game they want.   :)

I hope we all get what we want out of it, whether we funded or not.

• MindTriggerMindTrigger Member Posts: 2,596
    Originally posted by SBE1

Congrats on funding.  I was very surprised by the surge in funding the last few days, but as others have said it seems rather common for KS for that to happen.

I'm in at $250.   Hope this game can be somewhat close to the hype.

It happens almost every time...  people who have been sitting on the fence start to think they may miss out at the end so they go for it. Also backers upgrade at the end too.  I've seen it several times with games on KS. 

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• gylnnegylnne Member UncommonPosts: 322
    Grats to all the fine folks over at CSE.:)
This discussion has been closed.