Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained Kickstarter Progress Discussion

Comments

• jmcdermottukjmcdermottuk Member RarePosts: 1,571
    $1,934,948  with 21 hours to go. I think we got this one.
  • DrakynnDrakynn Member Posts: 2,030
    Originally posted by Rocketeer
    Originally posted by meddyck
    The best thing about CU funding is we can get off this crappy site with its one progress thread and its endless trolls who can't seem to figure out they don't have to read threads in the CU forum. Bring on the official backers' forum....

Looking forward to that aswell, subforums etc will help discussion alot imho. The comment section on kickstarter.com is completely useless. 105k posts? Moving faster than i can keep up with?

Looking foward for people who think these forums aren't open to all opinions and agendas to leave and go to their closed forum where they can have only opinions they agree with allowed.

Whilst I don't agree with many of the opinions posted in these forums I do acknowledge their right to exist as long as no site rules are broken.

• RhazmuzRhazmuz Member UncommonPosts: 208
    Originally posted by jmcdermottuk
    $1,934,948  with 21 hours to go. I think we got this one.

Quite impressive, should be more or less certain to fund then :)

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    Originally posted by Drakynn
    The best thing about CU funding is we can get off this crappy site with its one progress thread and its endless trolls who can't seem to figure out they don't have to read threads in the CU forum. Bring on the official backers' forum....

Looking forward to that aswell, subforums etc will help discussion alot imho. The comment section on kickstarter.com is completely useless. 105k posts? Moving faster than i can keep up with?

Looking foward for people who think these forums aren't open to all opinions and agendas to leave and go to their closed forum where they can have only opinions they agree with allowed.

Whilst I don't agree with many of the opinions posted in these forums I do acknowledge their right to exist as long as no site rules are broken.

Nobody minds people saying why they don't like the game concept or Kickstarter or Mark Jacobs or why they won't support it. What is annoying is all the people complaining about there being too many CU posts as if somebody holds a gun to their head and forces them to read posts they aren't interested in.

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

Nobody minds people saying why they don't like the game concept or Kickstarter or Mark Jacobs or why they won't support it. What is annoying is all the people complaining about there being too many CU posts as if somebody holds a gun to their head and forces them to read posts they aren't interested in.

But many people want to be involved with active discussion so use the recent forum activity section on the main apge to find what is currently being discussed.WHen that section is spammed by one game with people basically repeating the same thing whether that is negative or positive peopel are right to complain and the mods are right to lock or merge threads.

• rygard49rygard49 Member UncommonPosts: 973

I really can't believe there are people who spent $10k to throw pies at Mark Jacobs. For that kind of money I'd expect a return on the investment, not just the virtual perks and the opportunity to soil the man behind ToA.

Good luck to the rest of you, though. Hope it makes it to release.

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by BowbowDAoC
    Originally posted by Normandy7
    See here is the problem I having with CU being funded. If you look at Shroud of the Avatar they had 23k backers fund the game at 1.9 million. Camelot Unchained has less than double the amount of backers at it seems it will hit 2 million. So tell us CSE, which one of you guys were dumping your own personal money just so the game funds ? See right there that tells me there is really no market for this game and in the long run it will fail. Very disappointed about what is going on. 

a three letter comment :

LOL

In fact i'll had a bit more : Since the very first day, the average amount per backer was at $160 dollars. The "few" people that believes in CU believes in it VERY MUCH, plain and simple.

we'll be around 13-14k backers at then end, it isnt much, but i assume there will be at least 3 times that amount of actual players, wich would be a correct amount of players for a niche game, and thats what it is.

And i'm suprised in a way that you said that, didnt you say this, a while ago ? : 

Did the 110 pledge. I was comfotable with that. Hopefully many more will pledge so we can get this baby rollin.

(http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5647215#5647215)

just thought i d bump this, too funny

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

If this funds will we finally get some normal converstations here or are in for years of comparing everything released to what Camelot Unchained "promises" to be?

• Originally posted by udon

If this funds will we finally get some normal converstations here or are in for years of comparing everything released to what Camelot Unchained "promises" to be?

I'm guessing the latter.

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by udon

NOT here.

i will most certainly avoid being here. not because of the site itself, but there was too much trolls/haters to actually enjoy brainstorming in a quiet environment.

CU backer's ftw

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• nf4mousnf4mous Member Posts: 45

NOT here.

i will most certainly avoid being here. not because of the site itself, but there was too much trolls/haters to actually enjoy brainstorming in a quiet environment.

CU backer's ftw

oh i'll be here.   haters eating crow is too good to miss.

on another note, WoW streamer reckful giving CU some major props and streaming coverage ;)

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303

But many people want to be involved with active discussion so use the recent forum activity section on the main apge to find what is currently being discussed.WHen that section is spammed by one game with people basically repeating the same thing whether that is negative or positive peopel are right to complain and the mods are right to lock or merge threads.

Maybe its because the game gets discussed alot? And yeah, there are duplicate threads in this forum, but so are in every other forum. Most other forums simply do not see as much traffic as this one, so you notice it more here. For example the WoW subforum only sees maybe 2-5 replies a day. CU has 27k posts and it only exists how long? 90 days? 300 posts a day average, topheavy to the end? Yeah ofc it'll look like spamming to you.

• TigsKCTigsKC Member UncommonPosts: 187

NOT here.

CU backer's ftw

WTB Founder's Forum today!

Originally posted by TigsKC

NOT here.

CU backer's ftw

WTB Founder's Forum today!

40k to go.

Edit: WTB Warhammer 40k MMO

• SorninSornin Member Posts: 1,133
    Originally posted by Gendark

As predicted, today 2 new pledge tiers appeared 1200$ and the magically 3500$.

Seriously if this where any other game, people would scream " scammers" all the way.

CU campain for the last week was only "lets add more bigmoney tiers with  smokecontent" to grab more money fast... nothing about realm mechanics / conquest or somthing realated to pvp. 

Again ...  for the last days they added 1k 3,2k and 3.5k tiers as a desperate measure.  every other kickstarter project that aimed or funded with 2m $  had x3 x5 more backers than CU(12k)

There is nothing wrong with them adding popular tiers players are asking for. If someone wants to spend $3,000, why not let them? It is not a "scam" in that they are not tricking or deceiving anyone. You just sound like you are grasping at straws, trying to make excuses for this campaign's success. How petty and small.

Maybe its because the game gets discussed alot? And yeah, there are duplicate threads in this forum, but so are in every other forum. Most other forums simply do not see as much traffic as this one, so you notice it more here. For example the WoW subforum only sees maybe 2-5 replies a day. CU has 27k posts and it only exists how long? 90 days? 300 posts a day average, topheavy to the end? Yeah ofc it'll look like spamming to you.

I don't have any problem with people discussing the game.I don't count different threads with new ideas that fans want in the game or discussing new information from the devs.That is fine and valid.But the duplicate threads about funding and begging for funding have been ridiculous and far beyond what occurs in other forums.

Also CU fans have been more over sensitive about criticism of the game and it's kickstarter campaign than any other fan group ont hese forums.Yes they took the crown from GW2.

Now I'm very interested to see how the developement of this game goes now that it looks almost certain to fund.I may even play the game if it delivers on some or all of it's theoritical promises.But even if it fails in developement(which a large percentage of games do)  it's still an intersting experiment.

• nf4mousnf4mous Member Posts: 45
    fire up the grill, ma.  extra crow being served tonight!
  • GendarkGendark Member UncommonPosts: 100
    Originally posted by Sornin

There is nothing wrong with them adding popular tiers players are asking for. If someone wants to spend $3,000, why not let them? It is not a "scam" in that they are not tricking or deceiving anyone. You just sound like you are grasping at straws, trying to make excuses for this campaign's success. How petty and small.

Really ????  so you are telling me that 1 week ago people where asking here or in the kickstarter page for " please we need more house tiers !!!  we really need houses in a mountain or in a valley", and i clearly remember yesterday how people said clearly we need more 3k $ dolars tiers with lighthouses.... 

I understand you want this game to get funded and to do well in a future. But don't tell me that people were asking for all those magically high pledge tiers and all those house options.. People where asking for specifics of RvR or class mechanics not for more house options.

• redcappredcapp Member Posts: 722

Really ????  so you are telling me that 1 week ago people where asking here or in the kickstarter page for " please we need more house tiers !!!  we really need houses in a mountain or in a valley", and i clearly remember yesterday how people said clearly we need more 3k $ dolars tiers with lighthouses.... 

I understand you want this game to get funded and to do well in a future. But don't tell me that people were asking for all those magically high pledge tiers and all those house options.. People where asking for specifics of RvR or class mechanics not for more house options.

A) MJ has had extensive Q&A sessions, live streams, etc, answering questions that backers and potential backers had.  The implication that they released no information over the course of the last week is an outright falsification.

B) Yes, people WERE asking for those specific things all over the comments section, as is evidenced by their success in terms of pledges.  In fact, many of the new tiers or ideas behind them were PROPOSED by people in the comments section.

Most of those tiers where sold out within the first week of KS launch. Thats called people asking with the wallets. There was a demand for it, and nothing wrong with catering to that.

• tleartlear Member Posts: 142
    This is awesome, I wonder how many hater are now pledgin $5 so they can keep on hating on the backers forum lol
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Is anyone watching the page right now? The number is going up at a constant rate. They're going to hit their goal within the next 30 minutes at this rate lol.
  • SeariasSearias Member UncommonPosts: 743
    Originally posted by tlear
    This is awesome, I wonder how many hater are now pledgin $5 so they can keep on hating on the backers forum lol

lol, $5 is only read only.

<InvalidTag type="text/javascript" src="http://www.gamebreaker.tv/cce/e.js"></script><div class="cce_pane" content-slug="which-world-of-warcraft-villain-are-you" ctype="quiz" d="http://www.gamebreaker.tv"></div>;

Livestream running at CSE with duck songs(yes seriously).
  • Ice-QueenIce-Queen Member UncommonPosts: 2,483

Aye, can't wait to have our own forum. Just gonna delete this acct once we have our own forums

What happens when you log off your characters????.....
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GFQhfhnjYMk
    Dark Age of Camelot