Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

What is HOT right now/Coming up soon?

Spector88Spector88 Member UncommonPosts: 112

It is hard to sift through the 'UPCOMING' spam on the site. It's also hard to get a pulse for which of the multiple 'hype' meter coming up games are actually going to be AAA titles, or worth while.

What is hot right now? Has anything come out in the past 2-3 months that is atleast AA title worthy?

Currently I play World of Warcraft MOP/League of Legends/Smite.

I was disappointed with Tera, went back to Rift and got bored but haven't played since the new XPAC. I saw Aion went F2P and went back for a bit, but can't stand Aion end game. Asheron's Call is my favorite game, may go back for the 100th time to fill my time. Guild Wars 2 was the biggest waste of my $ I've ever experienced. I usually atleast play a game for a week before hating it, GW2 was just casual-carebear-instant gratitification mindless garbage.

I tried Fireball CB, didn't care for the engine/graphics. I've pretty much played everything out there, but I dont know much about all these new games on the hype list. I was interested in checking out Darkfall UW, but I didnt read good things, and the original DF had a lot of turn off for me. SWTOR went F2P, but I dont know what the end game is like. I got to max level an dquit.

Anyways, besides the shit I've already stated i've tried (AAA titles within the past 2-3 years) anything coming soon? or out within the last couple months?

Comments

• The user and all related content has been deleted.

Somebody, somewhere has better skills as you have, more experience as you have, is smarter than you, has more friends as you do and can stay online longer. Just pray he's not out to get you.
  • Spector88Spector88 Member UncommonPosts: 112
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989
    Originally posted by Spector88

It is hard to sift through the 'UPCOMING' spam on the site. It's also hard to get a pulse for which of the multiple 'hype' meter coming up games are actually going to be AAA titles, or worth while.

What is hot right now? Has anything come out in the past 2-3 months that is atleast AA title worthy?

Currently I play World of Warcraft MOP/League of Legends/Smite.

I was disappointed with Tera, went back to Rift and got bored but haven't played since the new XPAC. I saw Aion went F2P and went back for a bit, but can't stand Aion end game. Asheron's Call is my favorite game, may go back for the 100th time to fill my time. Guild Wars 2 was the biggest waste of my $ I've ever experienced. I usually atleast play a game for a week before hating it, GW2 was just casual-carebear-instant gratitification mindless garbage.

I tried Fireball CB, didn't care for the engine/graphics. I've pretty much played everything out there, but I dont know much about all these new games on the hype list. I was interested in checking out Darkfall UW, but I didnt read good things, and the original DF had a lot of turn off for me. SWTOR went F2P, but I dont know what the end game is like. I got to max level an dquit.

Anyways, besides the shit I've already stated i've tried (AAA titles within the past 2-3 years) anything coming soon? or out within the last couple months?

Give Neverwinter a try. 

I tried reading about it on my lunch break. DDO from Turbine was horrible click fest. I was reading some pretty usual stuff -  Cash shop is outrageous, combat is kinda clunky. Maybe I'll check it out.

• cybertruckercybertrucker Member UncommonPosts: 1,117
    Try a few of the older games. EQ2 or maybe Vanguard. 
  • nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by Spector88
    Originally posted by Mtibbs1989

Give Neverwinter a try. 

I tried reading about it on my lunch break. DDO from Turbine was horrible click fest. I was reading some pretty usual stuff -  Cash shop is outrageous, combat is kinda clunky. Maybe I'll check it out.

It is F2P. No matter how bad it is .. the worst is that i will lose 15-30 min. I will definitely check it out.

• eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    I think you should try DFUW.  Unless you're some carebear or something that can't handle the brutality of it.  You could also stick with WoW, it's sooo hardcore nowdays, definately not carebear. Make a new toon and try out the naked panda conga-line parties, you can't get much more hardcore than that!

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.

• KuviskiKuviski Member UncommonPosts: 215

Eldevin seemed like quite a nice game from playing in the first beta phase. Its a browser MMO to be released August 2013, and I guess you could describe it as a fusion of RuneScape and modern action-bar based games with leveling related questing, deep crafting, etc.

The only problem is, the game is going to be P2W, which is a big no-no to me at least. But from a gameplay perspective, it seemed really nice.

• krazeekkrazeek Member Posts: 11

I'm kinda excited about Wildstar. With the new expansion killing Eve's enjoyment for me, I've been searching for a new MMO addiction. Fallen Earth is a biased game with a good concept but horrible management. ATITD is an abandoned crafter's game that's slowly dying an arduous death. CoX went the way of the dodo.

I'm hoping Wildstar is what I've been looking for. If not, I'll have to go back to single-player games.

• ShakyMoShakyMo Member CommonPosts: 7,207
    Go the pub

Get into going to gigs

Get into indie games, especially multiplayer ones you can play with a few friends, highly recommend terraria and monaco.
    Oh also try planetside 2, its free and it does rvr better than the likes of aion, war & gw2.

But make sure you join an outfit (guild). Playing solo is frustrating.
    Originally posted by eyelolled
    I think you should try DFUW.  Unless you're some carebear or something that can't handle the brutality of it.  You could also stick with WoW, it's sooo hardcore nowdays, definately not carebear. Make a new toon and try out the naked panda conga-line parties, you can't get much more hardcore than that!

Yes you can. The most hardcore is D3 hard core mode. You can't get more hardcore than perma death.

Originally posted by ShakyMo
    Oh also try planetside 2, its free and it does rvr better than the likes of aion, war & gw2.

But make sure you join an outfit (guild). Playing solo is frustrating.

I disagree. i love playing solo, hide and headshot others. PS2 is a great game for a sniping loner.

Different people have different preferences .. even in playing the same game.

• KenFisherKenFisher Member UncommonPosts: 5,035
    Scarlet Blade is new, and unique in presentation.  That and Neverwinter are all that come to mind.

Ken Fisher - Semi retired old fart Network Administrator, now working in Network Security.  I don't Forum PVP.  If you feel I've attacked you, it was probably by accident.  When I don't understand, I ask.  Such is not intended as criticism.
    Nari
    It helps for getting about being in a guild though.

Your guaranteed to have a few galaxy pilots and sunderer drivers.

Though yeah it is possible to play solo as a sniping specced light assault, infiltrator or medic.

Me I like la and inf, myself but I prefer to play them as pre-assaulters, either speccing the la for speed, mid range weaponry and flash bangs and planting a spawn beacon or going sub machine gun with the inf and hacking terminals / turrets. Especially funny if you plant a proximity mine before hacking an occupied turret :D