Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Camelot Unchained Kickstarter Progress Discussion

Comments

• The way I see it, if you get $2 million dollars to make your game through kickstarter, you didn't do too bad.
  • ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    wow over 1.9 million still 21 hours to go.. looking good

was about to say the same. its highly likely CU will make it, no doubt about that.

• GaladournGaladourn Member RarePosts: 1,813
    Originally posted by Gendark
    Originally posted by Axxar
    Originally posted by cinos

Nice to see Gendark making excuses in advance for his previous prediction now that it's looking more likely that the game will fund. I guess a lot of people who were overly bold with delcaring the project doomed earlier could end up looking a little silly in less than 24 hours.

I understand you are excited, but why not wait until it actually funds before you "oh so maturely" rub another persons face in it? :p

I wasn't disciplined enough to wait. My apologies :p

Still no guarantee it will fund, either, but it doesn't look like failure is very likely at this point. I'd say it's "up to Amazon" right now :)

First, i pledged it (again) some days ago, but the 25$ tier, why ? easy, some friends/guildies want to play it and i take it like a preorder but. And thats the big one, for me the CU campain has been a complete fail. 12k backers really ?? 158$ per backer is insane, updates about ducks and funny stuff and tons of concept art but not specific mechanics, because nothing is set on stone yet... i still think MJ selling policy of "let me grab your 2m$ and then i will put mine" its really a bad one.

What they should have done its to work some time and spend some money in a decent game prototype, something to show to the crowd and keep them excited and set some concepts of gameplay in stone... classes, class mechanics, races, how RvR will work etc...  instead of just talking of posibles maybes. And finally having done all that asking for something like 1m$ - 1.5m$ and they doing updates about factible stretch goals.

Anyway if CU is funded, then better for me, another game to play in 3 years, but that doesn't meant that the whole kickstarter campain was done right. 

well, considering a KS campaign's goal is to raise x amount of money, that's what it should be judged on; so if it funds, then it's a successful KS campaign. You can argue on the methods to achieve the funding, but the end result speaks for itself.

• ShadowzanonShadowzanon Member UncommonPosts: 350
    The way I see it, if you get $2 million dollars to make your game through kickstarter, you didn't do too bad.

http://www.nooooooooooooooo.com/

click the blue button, you know you wanna.

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303
    30k in the last 19 min. How i know that? It was the difference between kicktraq last checked 19min ago and kickstarter itself ...
  • boxsndboxsnd Member UncommonPosts: 438

It seems we will get to $2 mil way earlier than I thought. We may even hit some stretch goals.

according to this page http://hive.borg-collective.org.uk/cuks.php?i=d if we keep up that pace we will end up at $2.6 mil

DAoC - Excalibur & Camlann

• tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Seems to pick up speed now.

• ReklawReklaw Member UncommonPosts: 6,495

21 hours to go but I do believe he might make it.

Sorry I didn't pledge, there are just to many variables that didn't seem confident enough to me.

To me he either started the kickstarter project too soon, or he should have made his predicted release year differently and added a few more years. I simply don't believe he will be able to develop the game in concept to a game that stands up too games also released 2 to 3 years from now.

I know he seeks niche gamers and I am sure many of them will actually play the game, but will all of them play it, now we are seeing a shift with upcoming new MMORPG's compared to the themeparks we have seen the last few years.

For those who have pledge's I honostly hope CU is going to be fully funded and might proof me wrong.

Originally posted by boxsnd
    It seems we will get to $2 mil way earlier than I thought. We may even hit some stretch goals.

Stretchgoals come later in the 30 days after kickstarter when paypal kicks in. We kinda will have two "kickstarters" as i understand it:

1. The current official one that determines wether the game will enter development.

2. A second unofficial one with paypal over the CSE site(like star citizen) which offers same(?) pledge tiers and determines stretch goals. Its meant to give people a chance that don'T own a credit card(mostly europeans, maybe mainly germans).

• tawesstawess Member EpicPosts: 4,227

Congrats. Only a act of (choose your deity) will stop this now. In fact i am pretty sure MJ and guys would pitch in a fund what is left if for some reason it would not get the last bucks.

Looking forward to see how the game shapes up. especially with WAR fresh in mind.

This have been a good conversation

• ThomasN7ThomasN7 87.18.7.148Member CommonPosts: 6,690
    See here is the problem I having with CU being funded. If you look at Shroud of the Avatar they had 23k backers fund the game at 1.9 million. Camelot Unchained has less than double the amount of backers at it seems it will hit 2 million. So tell us CSE, which one of you guys were dumping your own personal money just so the game funds ? See right there that tells me there is really no market for this game and in the long run it will fail. Very disappointed about what is going on. 
    The way i see it the extra tiers where unnecessary even, the game is now prominetly displayed on kickstarters ending soon category and many people lurk there checking for interesting projects, its also the biggest kickstarter to end soonish so it gets people attention.
  • You sound more than a little paranoid. Don't you think they would've simply set the goal lower if they were going to pour a ton of their own money into the kickstarter early on themselves anyway?

Those are some pretty wild accusations given lack of proof.

• nf4mousnf4mous Member Posts: 45
    Originally posted by Normandy7
    See here is the problem I having with CU being funded. If you look at Shroud of the Avatar they had 23k backers fund the game at 1.9 million. Camelot Unchained has less than double the amount of backers at it seems it will hit 2 million. So tell us CSE, which one of you guys were dumping your own personal money just so the game funds ? See right there that tells me there is really no market for this game and in the long run it will fail. Very disappointed about what is going on. 

it's alright to be dead wrong.

• Originally posted by Rocketeer
    The way i see it the extra tiers where unnecessary even, the game is now prominetly displayed on kickstarters ending soon category and many people lurk there checking for interesting projects, its also the biggest kickstarter to end soonish so it gets people attention.

They could still be worthwhile for reaching the stretch goals.

• professornomosprofessornomos Member Posts: 67

Really dont mean this as troll but you're realize you're claming a conspiracy is at work?

In essence what I hear you saying is:

• BowbowDAoCBowbowDAoC Member UncommonPosts: 472

a three letter comment :

LOL

In fact i'll had a bit more : Since the very first day, the average amount per backer was at $160 dollars. The "few" people that believes in CU believes in it VERY MUCH, plain and simple.

we'll be around 13-14k backers at then end, it isnt much, but i assume there will be at least 3 times that amount of actual players, wich would be a correct amount of players for a niche game, and thats what it is.

And i'm suprised in a way that you said that, didnt you say this, a while ago ? : 

Did the 110 pledge. I was comfotable with that. Hopefully many more will pledge so we can get this baby rollin.

(http://www.mmorpg.com/discussion2.cfm/post/5647215#5647215)

Bowbow (kob hunter) Infecto (kob cave shammy) and Thurka (troll warrior) on Merlin/Midgard DAoC
    Thurka on WAR

• KelmantorKelmantor Member Posts: 5

There are several reasons to the higher pledge/backer.. If you look through the posts they have been outlined many times..

• MajiinXMajiinX Member CommonPosts: 89
    Wow very surprised at the progress only 75k to go I think the game will very likley be funded. About 25k was pledged in 1 hour so 75k in 21 hours seems very likley. If not hopefully they are close enough to their goal to fund the game.
  • JayarisJayaris Member Posts: 308
    Why you would pour your own money into a game, four years from now you'd still have no market and no money.

Hi

• meddyckmeddyck Member UncommonPosts: 1,282
    The best thing about CU funding is we can get off this crappy site with its one progress thread and its endless trolls who can't seem to figure out they don't have to read threads in the CU forum. Bring on the official backers' forum....

DAOC Live (inactive): R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R6 Healer

• Elegance92Elegance92 Member Posts: 93

That could honestly have been arranged from the get go, its not all that costly to set up a forum  O.o

Originally posted by meddyck
    The best thing about CU funding is we can get off this crappy site with its one progress thread and its endless trolls who can't seem to figure out they don't have to read threads in the CU forum. Bring on the official backers' forum....

Looking forward to that aswell, subforums etc will help discussion alot imho. The comment section on kickstarter.com is completely useless. 105k posts? Moving faster than i can keep up with?

Btw we have broken through the projected high limit of kicktraq which was 1.92 million.
  • eye_meye_m Member UncommonPosts: 3,317
    Originally posted by meddyck

Was someone forcing you to use this site's forums?  If that is the case, you could probably file a complaint.  Anyhow, best of luck with future endeavors.

All of my posts are either intelligent, thought provoking, funny, satirical, sarcastic or intentionally disrespectful. Take your pick.

I get banned in the forums for games I love, so lets see if I do better in the forums for games I hate.

I enjoy the serenity of not caring what your opinion is.

I don't hate much, but I hate Apple© with a passion. If Steve Jobs was alive, I would punch him in the face.