Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

[Interview] TERA: Rising: First Anniversary Interview

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

En Masse Entertainment's TERA is celebrating its first year and the changes that those 365 days have brought. We managed to catch up to Patrick Sun to talk about TERA. It's a terrific interview that you will want to discuss in the comments after reading!

MMORPG: What makes players go with the Warrior over the other classes, do you think?

Patrick Sun: Various reasons in my opinion. Aesthetically, players love to dual wield, and this is the only class that allows them to do that.  The warrior is also a very unique class that is a blend of DPS and evasive tank that offers a challenge for players to master.  In the wrong hands it’s probably an average class, but a skilled warrior can go toe to toe with almost any other player or BAM in the game.

Read more of Bill Murphy's TERA: Rising - First Anniversary Interview.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Yay Happy 1 Year TERA! Lots of new content finally coming our way this summer. Should be fun. I can't wait to try that 20v20 BG based on what I've seen from KTERA videos.
  • DubricusDubricus Member Posts: 5
    Cant beleive theres an interview of Tera cause of anniversary and theres nothing on the official webage nor the forum. Been waiting since yesterday to get any news about any type of celebration/event/new stuff/future content, anything at all and no word from EME at all....
  • LeiloniLeiloni Member RarePosts: 1,266
    Originally posted by Dubricus
    Cant beleive theres an interview of Tera cause of anniversary and theres nothing on the official webage nor the forum. Been waiting since yesterday to get any news about any type of celebration/event/new stuff/future content, anything at all and no word from EME at all....

Uh... well there's this:

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/posts/treeshark-tells-the-future

and this:

http://tera.enmasse.com/happy-birthday-tera

and this:

http://tera.enmasse.com/news/tera-events

Nope, nothing at all.

• CalerxesCalerxes Member UncommonPosts: 1,641
    I just cannot get enough of the combat, pulling off a sequence of combos with an Archer while being hammered on by 20 mobs is truly satisfying. The over the top fantasy setting makes me smile and trying to heal a party with a Baraka Mystic was the most intense I've played in a dungeon, keeping everyone up phewww! probably accounts for the low number of Mystics rolled, tough class to play.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• PivotelitePivotelite Member UncommonPosts: 2,145

That 20v20 BG can't come soon enough, I hope the XP reward in it is high, I have so many 30-40 alts I want to level but I cant go through the questing for a second time.

Currently happy enough with my 60 warrior in 3v3 arena, definitely the most fun i've had in arenas in an MMO.

• AyulinAyulin Member Posts: 334

Happy 1st Anniversary!

I Beta'd this game, and played some after launch, but due to real-life situations distracting me, and a difficult time finding a guild to "settle in with", plus the ever-persistent "need" so many have to rush through the game, I found myself kinda left behind in the game. I lost momentum and after that, interest in playing.

The switch to F2P really has me "eh". I'm not a fan of F2P, but I did enjoy this game enough that I might give it a try again. It's in the same boat as Aion for me. I already bought the game, so it's just a matter of installing it and checking it out again. Who knows? Maybe I can find a good guild to settle in with this time.

What's the population like on the PvP vs PvE servers?

• mcrippinsmcrippins Member RarePosts: 1,626
    Started playing again recently after quitting a few months after launch. My friends and I are really enjoying this game again.
  • ScotScot Member LegendaryPosts: 22,955
    The combat is innovative and I would like to see a hybrid of this and DDO's in any MMO. The ribbon like world is the issue for me. A world of ribbons of land does make you feel like a rabbit in a warren.
    Originally posted by Torvaldr
    Originally posted by Calerxes
    I just cannot get enough of the combat, pulling off a sequence of combos with an Archer while being hammered on by 20 mobs is truly satisfying. The over the top fantasy setting makes me smile and trying to heal a party with a Baraka Mystic was the most intense I've played in a dungeon, keeping everyone up phewww! probably accounts for the low number of Mystics rolled, tough class to play.

I haven't got to do group content yet, but what you describe is why I like the game so much.  I love walking into a town and finding a bunch of people messing about doing a dance party or some other crazy social event.

I have a low level mystic and it's a really cool take on healing.  After I finish leveling my archer I'm going to level my warrior or mystic.

EnMasse is a pretty good publisher in my book.  I wish they had ArcheAge instead of Trion, but no sense crying over spilt milk.

The games populations seem healthy of both sides of the pond, I play late at night and I was in a group killing BAMS, those huge Rock Mobs and Giants at 12.30am which cannot be bad. It has a great f2p model, the club is a great idea and with the federation patch adding more metagame its looking very good for Tera. Shame it wasn't in at release as that would have made it more popular. A few more interesting things to do out side of comabt would be nice but overall I'm really like it now and its become my main MMO instead of TOR or GW2. Though I have been looking for a game of this type since my Lineage 2 days.

This doom and gloom thread was brought to you by Chin Up™ the new ultra high caffeine soft drink for gamers who just need that boost of happiness after a long forum session.

• kharzankharzan Member UncommonPosts: 18
    When I played this, straight after launch, I felt the combat was really interesting and innovative, however the questing/PVE was dull as can be. Has there been any updates which would impact this, or is that just an accepted style within the game?
    Originally posted by kharzan
    When I played this, straight after launch, I felt the combat was really interesting and innovative, however the questing/PVE was dull as can be. Has there been any updates which would impact this, or is that just an accepted style within the game?

The core game is the same with just a few tweeks here and there but the future updates are adding a more interesting "elder" game, though the updates are going to take a while to hit the US and EU.

• kharzankharzan Member UncommonPosts: 18
    Thanks Calerxes, not sure I can stomach grinding through to the Elder levels unfortunately. It's a shame no game seems able to pull together combat of Tera's quality with a good story and questing mechanic.
  • MikehaMikeha Member EpicPosts: 9,196
    Just started back playing this game and really enjoying it. Its old school Asian mmo just the way I like it. Really looking forward to those updates.