Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Neverwinter: Open Beta Kicks Off

Comments

• bambuchabambucha Member Posts: 19

its not that bad really. Im sure things will settle down in... a couple of weeks, once people give up on 20k queues.

Seriously now, arent they losing more money for not expanding their login server than they would lose if they actually invest some money in their servers instead?

Its odd really, especially if we consider how it was pretty much the same thing with STO, STO-f2p relaunch ... and now this... 

speaking of login queue ..

• adam_noxadam_nox Member UncommonPosts: 2,148
    Originally posted by cybertrucker
    Hello all isn't today still part of a beta test.... IE stress testing. Your not there today for your enjoyment. Your there to help them stress test their systems. Get over it.

um no.  Open beta of a f2p where the cash shop is open = live.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    Originally posted by adam_nox
    Originally posted by cybertrucker
    Hello all isn't today still part of a beta test.... IE stress testing. Your not there today for your enjoyment. Your there to help them stress test their systems. Get over it.

um no.  Open beta of a f2p where the cash shop is open = live.

...and no character wipe.

There is no difference with a launch. The ONLY difference is that they calling it a beta instead of launch. Changing one word doesn't stop that from being true.

Sigh.. I wish more people weren't naive enough to buy into this open 'beta' bullshit.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • JyiigaJyiiga Member UncommonPosts: 1,187

People are in now. Queue is gone for the evening. People are playing the game. For free mind you, pointlessly hate all you want fools. 

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by melenone
    This would never happen if it was a funcom game...image

Neither would good gameplay.

Anyway, this is not a beta, it's a launch.  I heard so from experts at MMORPG.com forums.

• stalker989stalker989 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    While the download only took about 8 hours. The login will probably take longer. Is this basically P2P, since the "founders" get a queue preference?!

• NitthNitth Member UncommonPosts: 3,904

Anyone getting a error before the launcher loads?

Was working perfectly 12 hours ago..

TSW - AoC - Aion - WOW - EVE - Fallen Earth - Co - Rift - || XNA C# Java Development

• TheocritusTheocritus Member LegendaryPosts: 9,751
    Originally posted by stalker989
    While the download only took about 8 hours. The login will probably take longer. Is this basically P2P, since the "founders" get a queue preference?!

I tried direct from the company and got a 0.00 kb speed lol...Then I tried one of the other sites and got in the 55k range (I usually get at least 1-2MB per second) and it said the download would take 16 hours.....No thx Ill wait.

• stalker989stalker989 Member UncommonPosts: 34
    Not bad, a paltry 40 minutes in the queue!!

• marlborzmarlborz Member Posts: 36

im not bashing for any other reason then it's not playable. If i wanted to buy a game like that it wouldn't be called an mmo now would it. So many games are already like this and they are not mmo's. Just because you add an in game editor to doesn't make any more enjoyable. The bottom line is make something a little, just a little bit better more ejoyable to play. If i wanted this I would still have fable 3 in my cabinet. If I am missing something please help me elaborate on the difference between the two because the way i see it it could have online capabilites.

• WightyWighty Member UncommonPosts: 699

And this is why F2P games are horrible... You know what game had a smooth launch? DF:UW... still going very smooth...

And before you pull the "but it's beta" card... they sure don't mind taking your cash for their shop... Basically Open beta for Korean based company's (PWE) is just an excuse to make radical changes to the game without having to explain. Hell isn't Runes of Magic still in Open beta? or at least it was for several years...

What are your other Hobbies?

Gaming is Dirt Cheap compared to this...

• fantasyfreak112fantasyfreak112 Member Posts: 499
    So sad because this game inadvertently plays almost exactly like DDO with far less customization options and better graphics/features. In the end this game will only end up cannabalizing the DDO crowd. Such a shame.
  • marlborzmarlborz Member Posts: 36
    and then people say well isn't it just like terra?(granted i don't play it either) but the difference between this and terra is the simple fact you have more then 10 mm to quest in. I understand they both has invisable walls up the rear and  you can only go in one straight line with absolutely nothing else but that staright line playing either or. Once again an mmo is a massive multiplayer online experience. Do what you will but somehow a large open persistent world/enviroment should somehow be incorporated into that. Some games do it better then others but this one fell flat. It's shame because everything else looked very well done, even the objects and places you couldn't go.
  • evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by Deleted User
    Ok who is really suprised? This is so hilarious because you know people bought into the$200 crap they were offering. Mmorpgs dont put feathers in thier cap they put fails in. Gosh this is just amazingly laughable all these wow haters just looking looking looking is this it? Is this game it? I think this is it, here's $200 lol

The people with the $200 packs are laughing because they dont have a queue. Go check the offical forums. The Hero pack gets them VIP access.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by fantasyfreak112
    So sad because this game inadvertently plays almost exactly like DDO with far less customization options and better graphics/features. In the end this game will only end up cannabalizing the DDO crowd. Such a shame.

Umm what? It plays nothing like DDO. You probably couldnt get any further variability between two games of the same genre.

• Eir_SEir_S Member UncommonPosts: 4,440
    Originally posted by evilastro

Umm what? It plays nothing like DDO. You probably couldnt get any further variability between two games of the same genre.

I was thinking the same thing.  I've seen people talk about how NW is like DDO in the game too... but I played DDO and it wasn't the same at all.  I didn't like DDO at all.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Eir_S

I was thinking the same thing.  I've seen people talk about how NW is like DDO in the game too... but I played DDO and it wasn't the same at all.  I didn't like DDO at all.

Because DDO actually does play like a true D&D game with all it's customization options at character creation.

Neverwinter is just your standard run off the mill MMO and feels familiar for people, as to DDO really does need getting used to if you never played P&P D&D.

• nnigmusnnigmus Member Posts: 4
    in Queue 6248 .....
  • sr7919sr7919 Member Posts: 1
    11202 in queue ;)
  • chrodochrodo Member Posts: 5

not a bad game so far , 4th ed rule set forgoten realms , not many options for classes would be my biggest grip so far .

server wait times a little hight , had no probs with crushes so far(start up or in game)

• furbansfurbans Member UncommonPosts: 968
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Eir_S

Because DDO actually does play like a true D&D game with all it's customization options at character creation.

Neverwinter is just your standard run off the mill MMO and feels familiar for people, as to DDO really does need getting used to if you never played P&P D&D.

Maybe in the past, Turbine lost me with their new enhancements.  Still the class building and immersion is there that at least gives it a decent D&D feel unlike Neverwinter.

• DieselpunkDieselpunk Member Posts: 6

After some minor opening issues yesterday, things for the most part were resolved in about 2 hours. Today's patch will help to further remedy the situation. Still, even after the hiccups, Neverwinter's Beta launch is one of the smoothest I've seen in a long time. Yes, there was a half hour wait at some point when I attempted to relog last night but that is to be expected. Still, lots of whining in public chat about this and that, and how their definitions of things stand, but Cryptic says the game is in Beta, so the game is in Beta, end of story, walk it off...

Overall I think the game is very well done. It 's easy to get immersed into the world of Neverwinter and fans of dungeon crawling will probably be quite pleased. So far, the attention to detail is impressive. One must explore the entire area of their quests, adventure zones, etc, in order to find all the goodies tucked away for the discerning adventurer.  I'm looking forward to playing more. :-)

• MalasorteMalasorte Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Open Beta Kicks Off in the ground ... i finally managed to fix the laucher problem not loading at all with the exe they provided on the forums only to be in queus of 10k+ jumping to 193k and when it went down to 6k it again jumped to 193k and it was stuck there ... hope they fix the problems after this upcoming patch
  • VyethVyeth Member UncommonPosts: 1,461
    If launch days are any indication: ALL MMO's are huge successes..
  • SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472
    Originally posted by furbans
    And let the mass of bashing threads begin...

And we continue ...

the servers are at maintenance ...

there is lag ...

there is queue to log in ...

AND WE CONTINUE ...

By the way killing monsters and writing have the same ACTION ...

Use your fingers and a bit of the BRAIN !!!

Let it continue .... LOLZ !!!

PS:- "I do not know if the beta kicked off , but it KICKED me off the servers after 3 days AND PUT ME IN A QUEUE" (WICKED GRIN)

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .