Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If every backer increases by 10% we've made it

2»

Comments

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by fuzzylogic11
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

I'm really going to laugh when this game flops. Once people realized it doesn’t matter where the money to make a game comes from. It’s the people that are making them that matter. I still don’t think a full pvp game will ever last. You need a rounded approach. This will be another niche game like Darkfall.

you realize that is his goal right?

Yes I do. Not sure if the band wagon does.

pretty sure they do since he has stated time and time again he is targetting a small niche crowd

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• professornomosprofessornomos Member Posts: 67
    Originally posted by Vutar
    Originally posted by professornomos

Thank you kind sir for the bump. Please continue to spread the word of Camelot Unchained. We all thank you!

Can you not be a jerk? 

I am a backer but backers like you make hope we're on different realms because all i want todo is gank you repeatedly .

Thank you for supporting camelot unchained, much appreciated!

Seriously tell me your intended character name so I can be sure to pay you a visit in the future.

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265
    Originally posted by Boldyn

Or..and now this sounds crazy but hear me out:

We let the company develop the game and THEN we give them money! Ey?

Or, and this will sound crazy, we take a different path from every failed mmo in the past eight years or so and help build it from the ground up. Enjoy your next themepark.

Hang on, so now you are saying that KS games = sandbox and all the rest are themeparks?

Making more and more sense every minute!

• TuktzTuktz Member Posts: 299

Woohoo! Yeah I think it's down to $13 additional per backer to fund. Plus we've received what, 2 or 3 thousand more backers in the last few days?

So with the two of those combined, going from current 92% to funding will be cake. =)

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• TaldierTaldier Member CommonPosts: 235

I'm really going to laugh when this game flops. Once people realized it doesn’t matter where the money to make a game comes from. It’s the people that are making them that matter. I still don’t think a full pvp game will ever last. You need a rounded approach. This will be another niche game like Darkfall.

...it being a niche game is literally the entire point.  Its a game for us where all the mechanics dont have to get watered down and simplified just to appeal to players who want instant gratification.

• fuzzylogic11fuzzylogic11 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Originally posted by Taldier

...it being a niche game is literally the entire point.  Its a game for us where all the mechanics dont have to get watered down and simplified just to appeal to players who want instant gratification.

PVP players are all about the instant gratification. There isn't going to be a rich meaningful experience that people are looking for in games. Its going to be what stats are best for my character. This is a game paid for by you.

PVP players are all about the instant gratification. There isn't going to be a rich meaningful experience that people are looking for in games. Its going to be what stats are best for my character. This is a game paid for by you.

you haven't looked into this game at all have you?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• professornomosprofessornomos Member Posts: 67

Some PvP players do need the thrill of the kill, certainly.

Others like myself rather enjoy the larger and more strategic elements of RvR.

Yes I have read and watch almost everything about this game. I hope I am proven wrong but I just don’t see it happening. A full PvP mmo has never fared well. What defining feature will revolutionize this game and skyrocket it to legendary status?

Yes I have read and watch almost everything about this game. I hope I am proven wrong but I just don’t see it happening. A full PvP mmo has never fared well. What defining feature will revolutionize this game and skyrocket it to legendary status?

planetside did just fine.. also its not JUST a PVP game its a PVP centered game.. imho it's not a single feature but if he can pull off the building/crafting system combined with the depths combined with the changing terrain and the whole veil idea with the stalkers and walkers i think it will be an incredible game. They haven't really even gotten into the other parts of RvR like the dragons and such either

• Crazy_StickCrazy_Stick Member Posts: 1,059
    In fairness Planetside is much more the shooter and a successful PVP shooter is nothing unusual. A successful PVP MMORPG on the otherhand... A little more than $150,000 to raise with under a day left. Amazon "might" have actually hurt them here. It's kind of like watching a lame horse attempt to cross the finish line in an effort to avoid the glue factoory. I'm rooting for them but its close and looking a step too far. We don't have long to wait to find out though.
  • TaldierTaldier Member CommonPosts: 235

First person shooter players might be about instant gratification, but not RPG PvPers.  This isnt just counterstrike with swords.  We will be able to build a world while fighting over that world.  Not just killing without purpose, but to gain resources and land in an open world.

• SovrathSovrath Member LegendaryPosts: 32,001

Ok fine, I've just pledged $25.00.

pure pvp is fine with me and as I try every mmo that comes out anyways I might as well "pay now" as opposed to pay at launch.

um... seems like something more needs to be said. oh ...

dimidium facti qui coepit habet: sapere aude, incipe!

and I always like rooting for the underdog.

Like Skyrim? Need more content? Try my Skyrim mod "Godfred's Tomb." 

Godfred's Tomb Trailer: https://youtu.be/-nsXGddj_4w

Original Skyrim: https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrim/mods/109547

Try the "Special Edition." 'Cause it's "Special." https://www.nexusmods.com/skyrimspecialedition/mods/64878/?tab=description

Serph toze kindly has started a walk-through. https://youtu.be/UIelCK-lldo 
  • CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505
    Originally posted by Boldyn

Or..and now this sounds crazy but hear me out:

We let the company develop the game and THEN we give them money! Ey?

If you want to wait for the game to be released yes thats your choice.. but  kickstarter is probally one of the best things to happen to the gaming industry for a very long time..

We are able to help get gmes that we really want to play made..

Without it we would be stuck with WOW and COD clones forever as thats what the AAA devs think we want.

Your choice tho at the end of it all..

• CaldrinCaldrin Member UncommonPosts: 4,505

haha you clearly never played Darkfall then..

planetside did just fine.. also its not JUST a PVP game its a PVP centered game.. imho it's not a single feature but if he can pull off the building/crafting system combined with the depths combined with the changing terrain and the whole veil idea with the stalkers and walkers i think it will be an incredible game. They haven't really even gotten into the other parts of RvR like the dragons and such either

Planetside... I'll let that one go. Like I said I really hope I am wrong but development is a long and compromising process. I'm a software engineer myself and from design doc to release, things will change a lot. Let’s hope everyone keeps up the enthusiasm for that long.

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,309

If every backer had increased their pledge by 25% in the beginning, CU would be funded already and working on stretch goals.

Do you guys really want to see this project succeed? Or do you just secretly hate Mark Jacobs and want him to have ulcers?

IBTL

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

Planetside... I'll let that one go. Like I said I really hope I am wrong but development is a long and compromising process. I'm a software engineer myself and from design doc to release, things will change a lot. Let’s hope everyone keeps up the enthusiasm for that long.

well see how the dev process goes.. they truely seem to want this to be a completely community driven game and by that going to want most of their feedback directly from the community instead of mostly internal testing. Also there really hasn't been a MMO before like this so something new and unique is a plus in my book.. sure it borrows systems from all over but the systems he wants to put in this game and how he wants to do it sound nothing like any game I have ever played and that's a very very good thing in my book

• ckeeton999ckeeton999 Member CommonPosts: 53
    Originally posted by WhiteLantern

If every backer had increased their pledge by 25% in the beginning, CU would be funded already and working on stretch goals.

Do you guys really want to see this project succeed? Or do you just secretly hate Mark Jacobs and want him to have ulcers?

IBTL

Idiotic post. "Increase your pledge wahhhh" 

• AmanaAmana Moderator UncommonPosts: 3,912
    This belongs in the progress discussion thread.

To give feedback on moderation, contact [email protected]

This discussion has been closed.