Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

If every backer increases by 10% we've made it

UlorikUlorik Member UncommonPosts: 179
We're just under 10% shy of the 2 mio. If every backer can increase their pledge by just 10% we're there. Go get some Founder Points for your shiny weapon. That's what I did.

Comments

• BoldynBoldyn Member Posts: 265

Or..and now this sounds crazy but hear me out:

We let the company develop the game and THEN we give them money! Ey?

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303
    Originally posted by Boldyn

Im against that idea, it didn't work out well in the past.

Edit: Besides we are closer than 10% from the goal already, that would be 200k. We only need about 160k o/.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Vutar

Or, and this will sound crazy, we take a different path from every failed mmo in the past eight years or so and help build it from the ground up. Enjoy your next themepark.

i rather enjoy theme parks actully.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• RocketeerRocketeer Member UncommonPosts: 1,303
    Originally posted by Squeak69

Or, and this will sound crazy, we take a different path from every failed mmo in the past eight years or so and help build it from the ground up. Enjoy your next themepark.

I happen to look for one to pass some time, any tips? Its not exactly my genre but they are good for a couple weeks. Loading NWN currently cause its a free(+) MMO from PW(-).

• MikeJezZMikeJezZ Member UncommonPosts: 1,268

We will make it, look how far we went through the last days.

I already pledged 250 wont pledge any more than that.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751

Please read this article about the harm you're causing your "cause" (there mods, since I'm now apparently in a kindler gentler world where we can't call a tree a tree)

http://penny-arcade.com/report/article/spam-and-kickstarter-how-fans-of-camelot-unchained-made-sure-the-press-woul

Mods have requested kickstarter discussion stick to the kickstarter thread.

• EasymodeXEasymodeX Member Posts: 149

The average pledge is already at what, $160 per backer.

That's rather high in general, so I don't think that's healthy for the game.

• Squeak69Squeak69 Member UncommonPosts: 959
    Originally posted by Rocketeer

I happen to look for one to pass some time, any tips? Its not exactly my genre but they are good for a couple weeks. Loading NWN currently cause its a free(+) MMO from PW(-).

give DCUO a try its not as good as CoH but its still a fun game and you can play its for a few weeks without paying a dime, or you can sub for access to all the DLC ether way works well.

F2P may be the way of the future, but ya know they dont make them like they used toimage
    Proper Grammer & spelling are extra, corrections will be LOL at.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928

i like themeparks also but i also agree its time to shake things up way to many similarly made games in the past decade.. hoping something good comes from these KS projects so i support them:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• bobm111bobm111 Member Posts: 153
    give us a break i know the daoc crowd is getting desperate but a new thread every 10 minutes doesnt help. Just pisses people off
  • tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Originally posted by EasymodeX

The average pledge is already at what, $160 per backer.

That's rather high in general, so I don't think that's healthy for the game.

It only shows that people are thirsting for this type of game, and that the industry is unhealthy or not providing anything worthwhile in this segment.

• DanwarrDanwarr Member CommonPosts: 185

Kickstarter discussion in the the Kickstarter thread.

Report and carry on.

Waiting: CU, WildStar, Destiny, Eternal Crusade
    Playing: ESO,DCUO
    Played: LotRO,RIFT,ToR,Warhammer, Runescape

• tinuelletinuelle Member UncommonPosts: 363
    Originally posted by bobm111
    give us a break i know the daoc crowd is getting desperate but a new thread every 10 minutes doesnt help. Just pisses people off

But obviously not you, since you sek these posts out just to troll.

• TaldierTaldier Member CommonPosts: 235
    Originally posted by Ikeda

Please read this article about the harm you're causing your "cause" (there mods, since I'm now apparently in a kindler gentler world where we can't call a tree a tree)

http://penny-arcade.com/report/article/spam-and-kickstarter-how-fans-of-camelot-unchained-made-sure-the-press-woul

Mods have requested kickstarter discussion stick to the kickstarter thread.

Pretty sure youre the one spamming by repeatedly posting the same post with a link to an article about an completely unreleated topic.  The article is about a small group of fans who took it upon themselves to spam form emails at a bunch of gaming press sites, and predictably annoyed them.

You on the other hand are against the use of discussion forums for discussion.

• SaxonbladeSaxonblade Member Posts: 275
    Originally posted by Danwarr

Kickstarter discussion in the the Kickstarter thread.

Report and carry on.

+1

• UlorikUlorik Member UncommonPosts: 179

This is not a "Discussion of the Kickstarter" but actually a seperate subject as I am trying to point out (unless my maths skills have failed me) that just a small amount of increase in backing will get the game funded.

And...it always amazes me how many people don't seem to have anything better to do with their time then to wait for a new thread to pop up so that they can spew some destructive rubbish. As they say up here...folks, get a life.

• EasymodeXEasymodeX Member Posts: 149

Ya true, what game company wants dedicated fans willing to put their money where their mouth is?  I am sure they'd rather have people who quit after the free month.

You're doing a really good job demonstrating how positive the community for CU is and attractive new backers.

It only shows that people are thirsting for this type of game, and that the industry is unhealthy or not providing anything worthwhile in this segment.

I know that, but it's also unhealthy to have a low # of backers.  In addition, it makes it much more difficult to argue for a "10% increase", when the pledge per backer is already way over average.

• IkedaIkeda Member RarePosts: 2,751
    Originally posted by Taldier

You on the other hand are against the use of discussion forums for discussion.

Pretty sure the mods have been locking all these threads BECAUSE they aren't even a discussion.  They are a bump of something completely similar to "please give us money"  "please give us more money" "please support our game by giving us money" "help us we need more money"  "please support this game and give us more money".

Look, if the game was worth anything it would have been funded.  If people wanted to support it it would have been supported.  Shall I put up all the SUCCESSFUL kickstarter campaigns that didn't require this needless badgering. 

And I'm not the only one completely over it.  What I don't understand is how people can support people doing this.  Over, and over, and over, and over.

• LoktofeitLoktofeit Member RarePosts: 14,247

There is absolutely no correlation between you giving money and the probability of it being a successful game. Additionally, the contention that your pledge buys you any ability to "help build it from the ground up" is baseless as well.

There isn't a "right" or "wrong" way to play, if you want to use a screwdriver to put nails into wood, have at it, simply don't complain when the guy next to you with the hammer is doing it much better and easier. - Allein
    "Graphics are often supplied by Engines that (some) MMORPG's are built in" - Spuffyre

• professornomosprofessornomos Member Posts: 67

Thank you kind sir for the bump. Please continue to spread the word of Camelot Unchained. We all thank you!

Can you not be a jerk? 

I am a backer but backers like you make hope we're on different realms because all i want todo is gank you repeatedly .

• fuzzylogic11fuzzylogic11 Member UncommonPosts: 56

I'm really going to laugh when this game flops. Once people realized it doesn’t matter where the money to make a game comes from. It’s the people that are making them that matter. I still don’t think a full pvp game will ever last. You need a rounded approach. This will be another niche game like Darkfall.

• SaxonbladeSaxonblade Member Posts: 275
    Originally posted by professornomos

Thank you kind sir for the bump. Please continue to spread the word of Camelot Unchained. We all thank you!

Can you not be a jerk? 

I am a backer but backers like you make hope we're on different realms because all i want todo is gank you repeatedly .

Thank you guess the mods don't see it, nor have I responded to his continued baiting

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by fuzzylogic11

I'm really going to laugh when this game flops. Once people realized it doesn’t matter where the money to make a game comes from. It’s the people that are making them that matter. I still don’t think a full pvp game will ever last. You need a rounded approach. This will be another niche game like Darkfall.

you realize that is his goal right?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• fuzzylogic11fuzzylogic11 Member UncommonPosts: 56
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

you realize that is his goal right?

Yes I do. Not sure if the band wagon does.

• UlorikUlorik Member UncommonPosts: 179

This will be another niche game like Darkfall.

Good, there are pople who want to support a niche game.

Others who dont want to play this kind of stuff could kindly keep their noses out of this. (btw my OP was aimed at all the backers who are behind the game anyway)

As a 50 year old gamer I sometimes get the impression I'm visiting a kindergarden when reading these forums.

This discussion has been closed.