Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

11,556 backers and climbing!

VutarVutar BaghdadPosts: 773Member Uncommon

I have a feeling there will be more than one person wishing they had backed the game once it launches. This really is a fun experience getting to be in on the ground level of an MMO. We can say that not only were we in beta, alpha, etc. We were there from the very beginning!

Comments

• rgeworkanrgeworkan Krimpen aan den ijsselPosts: 4Member
    yep and it feels good :)
  • SaxonbladeSaxonblade PHILADELPHIA, PAPosts: 275Member
    Another useless post that belongs in the KS discussion thread.

• BoldynBoldyn PartillePosts: 265Member

Wait, what?

There is a KS campaign for CU?

• nationalcitynationalcity Decatur, MIPosts: 330Member Uncommon

I know rightttt, people just love to keep posting useless CU crap all over every thread....

I've already said it once and I will say it again I hope it does get enough backers so we can finally stop hearing about it in every thread on the forums.....

• meddyckmeddyck Athens, GAPosts: 1,140Member Uncommon
    Is it really too much to ask that my fellow backers follow the rules of whatever site they are posting on? Ignoring the rules and making posts like this just irritates people which isn't the way to get new backers to support CU. MMORPG.com has created a stickied thread for Kickstarter updates and posts like this clearly belong there.

Camelot Unchained Backer
    DAOC [retired]: R11 Cleric R11 Druid R11 Minstrel R9 Eldritch R6 Sorc R6 Scout R5 Healer

• gylnnegylnne South Hutchinson, KSPosts: 320Member
    Originally posted by Vutar

I have a feeling there will be more than one person wishing they had backed the game once it launches. This really is a fun experience getting to be in on the ground level of an MMO. We can say that not only were we in beta, alpha, etc. We were there from the very beginning!

Agree with you. This is going to be an amazing ride over the next 2 years!

• SaxonbladeSaxonblade PHILADELPHIA, PAPosts: 275Member
    Originally posted by nationalcity

I know rightttt, people just love to keep posting useless CU crap all over every thread....

I've already said it once and I will say it again I hope it does get enough backers so we can finally stop hearing about it in every thread on the forums.....

You do realize this is the CU discussion forum right? I mean, one would expect to see threads about camelot unchained on the camelot unchained forum. Perhaps you are new to how forums work?

This thread is for the discussion of the general progress of the Camelot Unchained Kickstarter.  Please keep all discussion related to the progress of the kickstarter to this thread. 

Duplicate threads will be locked and redirected to this thread.

Just quoting the Mods

• ZinzanZinzan NorthPosts: 1,351Member
    Originally posted by Saxonblade
    [mod edit]

This thread is for the discussion of the general progress of the Camelot Unchained Kickstarter.  Please keep all discussion related to the progress of the kickstarter to this thread. 

Duplicate threads will be locked and redirected to this thread.

Just quoting the Mods

Thank you Saxon for pointing out that this is not a duplicate thread in anyway and therefore legal. Your support for this game is unmatched!

Erm, think you should re-read his post.

This is clearly a duplicate thread and will be likely closed when a mod sees it, or at least thats been the way of things here for the last month.

Expresso gave me a Hearthstone beta key.....I'm so happy :)

• MindTriggerMindTrigger La Quinta, CAPosts: 2,596Member

And no one will care but you. :)

I've backed a few games that are still in development, and after a while when you realize the game is still 2+ years out from being finished, you will move on with your life. 

I'd also like to caution people that building up years worth of hype in a new game is a very bad idea because they usually don't come out the way you have elaborately imagined them.  The biggest disappointment for me in recent memory was The Secret World.  While it's still a decent game today, I hung out on the forums and talked about it for years, expecting it to be a great sandbox/hybrid heavy RP game, and when it finally released it was a themepark dungeon gear grinder with practically zero horizonal gameplay instead.

I'm personally waiting for The Repopulation and Pathfinder Online, but I wish you guys well with this one.

A sure sign that you are in an old, dying paradigm/mindset, is when you are scared of new ideas and new technology. Don't feel bad. The world is moving on without you, and you are welcome to yell "Get Off My Lawn!" all you want while it happens. You cannot, however, stop an idea whose time has come.

• TuktzTuktz Atlanta, GAPosts: 299Member

I know, the huge influx of supporters over the last few days has been truley inspiring. I think the publicity from that PA article actually helped more than hurt, but I wouldn't attribute the majority of the increase to them at all.

I can't wait to continue to talk about this game during development over the next 2-3 years. =)

I'm sure a lot will go to the backers forums, but I will still frequent here as well so non-backers can hear what's going on. =)

and to think, it's not just going to be 2-3 years of substanceless hype, but rather 2-3 years of active engagement in the backers forums internal/alpha/beta testing, with actual influence over game mechanic/implementations that excites me.

never been on the ground floor of a project so much before, knowing that we can have an impact on direction =)

MMO history - EVE GW2 SWTOR RIFT WAR COH/V EQ2 WOW DAOC
    Tuktz - http://www.heretic.shivtr.com/

• VutarVutar BaghdadPosts: 773Member Uncommon
    Originally posted by MindTrigger

And no one will care but you. :)

I've backed a few games that are still in development, and after a while when you realize the game is still 2+ years out from being finished, you will move on with your life. 

I'd also like to caution people that building up years worth of hype in a new game is a very bad idea because they usually don't come out the way you have elaborately imagined them.  The biggest disappointment for me in recent memory was The Secret World.  While it's still a decent game today, I hung out on the forums and talked about it for years, expecting it to be a great sandbox/hybrid heavy RP game, and when it finally released it was a themepark dungeon gear grinder with practically zero horizonal gameplay instead.

I'm personally waiting for The Repopulation and Pathfinder Online, but I wish you guys well with this one.

Heh, if you believe that no one will care but me then you didn't play SWTOR. In that game people were pissed off about not getting CE benefits. Bioware ended up letting people upgrade. It has already been said that will not happen in this game. So either people get in now or they don't get the founder store. It is nothing effecting game balance in the store though so I can see why some are willing to wait. I enjoy having cosmetic items though that others will never be able to get.

Also the secret world was doomed at release. When people keep telling you over and over the combat is terrible, and you as a company do not make that a priority, well, your game goes F2P.

This discussion has been closed.