Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Fuzzy Avatars Solved! Please re-upload your avatar if it was fuzzy!

Neverwinter: Open Beta Kicks Off

124»

Comments

• DieselpunkDieselpunk Lawrence, KSPosts: 6Member

After some minor opening issues yesterday, things for the most part were resolved in about 2 hours. Today's patch will help to further remedy the situation. Still, even after the hiccups, Neverwinter's Beta launch is one of the smoothest I've seen in a long time. Yes, there was a half hour wait at some point when I attempted to relog last night but that is to be expected. Still, lots of whining in public chat about this and that, and how their definitions of things stand, but Cryptic says the game is in Beta, so the game is in Beta, end of story, walk it off...

Overall I think the game is very well done. It 's easy to get immersed into the world of Neverwinter and fans of dungeon crawling will probably be quite pleased. So far, the attention to detail is impressive. One must explore the entire area of their quests, adventure zones, etc, in order to find all the goodies tucked away for the discerning adventurer.  I'm looking forward to playing more. :-)

• MalasorteMalasorte VPosts: 51Member Uncommon
    Open Beta Kicks Off in the ground ... i finally managed to fix the laucher problem not loading at all with the exe they provided on the forums only to be in queus of 10k+ jumping to 193k and when it went down to 6k it again jumped to 193k and it was stuck there ... hope they fix the problems after this upcoming patch
  • VyethVyeth Fayetteville, NCPosts: 1,459Member
    If launch days are any indication: ALL MMO's are huge successes..

• SourajitSourajit KolkataPosts: 428Member
    Originally posted by furbans
    And let the mass of bashing threads begin...

And we continue ...

the servers are at maintenance ...

there is lag ...

there is queue to log in ...

AND WE CONTINUE ...

By the way killing monsters and writing have the same ACTION ...

Use your fingers and a bit of the BRAIN !!!

Let it continue .... LOLZ !!!

PS:- "I do not know if the beta kicked off , but it KICKED me off the servers after 3 days AND PUT ME IN A QUEUE" (WICKED GRIN)

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

• ITPalgITPalg Why, CAPosts: 256Member

6 days later and my first attempt to get to the link above:

Server error

The website encountered an error while retrieving http://nw.perfectworld.com/. It may be down for maintenance or configured incorrectly.

insert appropriate forum signature here for the terrible signature functions that can't be figured out.

• anwaranwar SanAntonio, TXPosts: 108Member

Looks like a "pay to win", but I'll give it a look if it ever downloads.  

I  prefer the subscription method to the store, everyone starts on even ground.   Balance and challenge, and grind are based on the desire for excellent gameplay, not on improving store sales.

• FaenwynFaenwyn St.Amant, LAPosts: 2Member
    I am agreeing with Rednecksith... I like the game but it really has almost nothing to do with D&D
  • wgc01wgc01 Las Vegas, NVPosts: 209Member
     been playing it, having a little fun with it, but is there any open world adventure area ? or is it all city to to city quick travel ? It does not feel very epic at least in the lower levels, I can see a draw to the game for a certain type of player, I have enjoyed D&D for years, more than I care to admit, I am afraid outside of the flashy particle effects, there just does not seem to be a lot of meat on the bone unless the game really opens up later on,,just my own personal view..:)
  • AerowynAerowyn BUZZARDS BAY, MAPosts: 7,928Member
    Originally posted by wgc01
     been playing it, having a little fun with it, but is there any open world adventure area ? or is it all city to to city quick travel ? It does not feel very epic at least in the lower levels, I can see a draw to the game for a certain type of player, I have enjoyed D&D for years, more than I care to admit, I am afraid outside of the flashy particle effects, there just does not seem to be a lot of meat on the bone unless the game really opens up later on,,just my own personal view..:)

later areas are a bit larger overall

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9AKgPKd9alA

its nowhere on the level of like gw2 for zone size but they are big enough to want to have a mount to travel around

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• OzmodanOzmodan Hilliard, OHPosts: 7,183Member Uncommon

After playing for a week or so I have come to the conclusion that this is a typical Perfect World game, it is blatantly pay-to-win.

Here is an excellent article on the various funding methods: http://www.reddit.com/r/Neverwinter/comments/1dry0g/neverwinters_f2p_model_what_you_need_to_know/

Take particular notice of how runes work.  If you want to pvp in this game it will cost you a years subscription at minimum.

This is the major reason I avoid PW owned games, upgrading things is just a big gamble.

Anyone giving this game anything higher than a 5 rating is getting paid to do it.

124»