Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Guild Wars 2: Flame & Frost - Retribution Now Live

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Guild Wars 2 players looking to explore the epic conclusion to the Flame & Frost live story event will want to check into the game beginning today. In addition to the storyline being brought to a close, players will also find some big changes in PvP, guild missions, a new dungeon and much more.

Custom PvP arenas allow players to host private matches, and customize their map settings! Spectator Mode allows invited players to observe a live PvP match from within the game. On April 30, we’re rolling out both of these in limited beta. Initially, creating a custom arena will be limited to a small pool of players, but playing in custom arenas and access to spectator mode will be available to all players. Read on for more details!        

Read the full list of changes on the Guild Wars 2 site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• SeelinnikoiSeelinnikoi Member RarePosts: 1,360
    Other MMO's should learn with GW2.
    If you are a Star Wars fan, why not try the Star Wars The Old Republic?
    New players can get a welcome package and old/returning players can also get a welcome back package and 7 days free subscription time! Just click here to use my referral invitation
  • BillMurphyBillMurphy Former Managing EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 4,565
    Oddly, though we got a press release, it doesn't seem the patch is actually live.  :P

Try to be excellent to everyone you meet. You never know what someone else has seen or endured.

My Review Manifesto
    Follow me on Twitter if you dare.

• untam3duntam3d Member UncommonPosts: 12
    Originally posted by BillMurphy
    Oddly, though we got a press release, it doesn't seem the patch is actually live.  :P

It's odd that they asked you to release it this early. The patch never releases this early. Based on previous patch release times, I expect the patch to be released between the next 4 and 10 hours. Patch notes usually precede the actual patch by 1-3 hours.

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Did the story mode dungeon last night and it was a blast. Lots of fun! More like this please.
  • VolkonVolkon Member UncommonPosts: 3,748
    One of the most fun boss encounters I've experience, ever. Great dungeon!

Oderint, dum metuant.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Volkon

yea both encounters were great:) the first one was fun.. once the flaming tornados AND the shockwaves started coming at the same time it was mass chaos lol fun stuff.. also really enjoyed the mechanics on the final encounter as well was a good fight.. did the thing with a pug we only wiped a couple times overall but was happy how everything turned out

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• NanfoodleNanfoodle Member LegendaryPosts: 10,610
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

yea both encounters were great:) the first one was fun.. once the flaming tornados AND the shockwaves started coming at the same time it was mass chaos lol fun stuff.. also really enjoyed the mechanics on the final encounter as well was a good fight.. did the thing with a pug we only wiped a couple times overall but was happy how everything turned out

Ya we wiped twice as well on the boss ecounter. As soon as we figured him talking was was a hint to something we needed to do. We were fine after that. Was still a wicked fight =-)

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Nanfoodle
    Originally posted by Aerowyn

Ya we wiped twice as well on the boss ecounter. As soon as we figured him talking was was a hint to something we needed to do. We were fine after that. Was still a wicked fight =-)

once our group figured out STAY AWAY FROM THE FLAMING SHOCKWAVE on the boss fight it wasn't to bad but still LOTS of movement and lots of fun

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg