Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

The game has not launched

Comments

• SourajitSourajit Member UncommonPosts: 472

Correct.

They rushed it too much. I played with guardians pack and I think the game is not finished in many parts and most of the xp distribution needs to be fixed and so is AD expenses. Looking at the complexity this game has, it might be a year before the game mechanics is completely playable without a problem.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

Once An Addict Always An Addict .

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    It will remain in open beta indefinately

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

Originally posted by emperorwings
    It will remain in open beta indefinately

As of now the situation is something like this. 

It might get worse laters.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

" Don't listen to anyone who tells you that you can't play this or that. That's nonsense. Make up your mind,and you'll never whine or repent about gaming hours anymore, then have a go at every Game. Open up the Internet, join in all the Mmorpgs you can. Go make the Guild. But never, never let them persuade you that things are too difficult or impossible. "

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965

If you waiting for launch..... then you will be waiting till the game shuts down.

F2P games ALWAYS launch as Open Beta and stay that way.

The Cash Shop is open and there will be no more char whipes. Which means... game is launched!

But hey! If you believe Cryptic saying that ponies can fly.... I guess you'll believe everything.

• EverketEverket Member UncommonPosts: 244

There is no difference between a normal launch and this open beta. More and more f2p games do this, its clever, because quite a lot of people in here still believes its still beta. But its beta in name only. Just compare this launch and its features to any other normal launch.

Do your research and use your head, there is no justification to call it beta and hide behind it.

No I'm not saying the launch was bad or good, or anything about the quality of the game.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588

So if it has launched, can someone point me at when was the Open Beta and Stress Testing phase that every mmo goes through as mandatory step of their pre-launch development? Because I sure as hell have missed it.

The 'they're taking taking money so it's launched' argument is even more short sighted. I said it in another thread, and I'll say it here - nowadays there are numerous Kickstarter campaigns (some of them for pretty popular mmo's, by the way) taking cash from fans even before the game has any graphics or systems to show off. So tell me, geniuses, have those games launched too? I'm going to guess that those of you are very eager about Camelot Unchained and forked in some of your cash - so I imagine your opinion on the 'they're taking money so it's launched' mantra changes here, doesn't it?

Really, stop ridiculing yourself just because you have a problem with Cryptic/PWE past mistakes or business model. You know, you can just look elsewhere, the world doesn't begin or end at NWO. Neverwinter Online has has not launched, period. What you want to think or you want to believe is irrelevant as much as it is saying that oranges are yellow because they look yellow to you.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

• JeroKaneJeroKane Member EpicPosts: 6,965
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

So if it has launched, can someone point me at when was the Open Beta and Stress Testing phase of the game? Because I sure as hell have missed it.

The 'taking money' part is even more ridiculous. I said it in another thread, and I'll say it here - there are mmo Kickstarter campaigns (some of them pretty popular, by the way) taking cash from fans even before the game has any graphics or systems to show off. So tell me, geniuses, have those games launched too?

Really, stop ridiculing yourself just because you have a problem with Cryptic. The game has not launched, period. What you want to think or you want to believe is irrelevant as much as it is saying that oranges are yellow because they look yellow to you.

Again. Cryptic has you by the balls friend. Can't believe how effective Cryptic is with this and how many people buy this trick.

If you are waiting for this game to be launched.... you gonna be in for a very long wait!

Tell me friend? What open beta have you been in that didn't wipe characters afterwards and already accepted money in a cash shop?

That's right! NONE! Only the run off the mill F2P games that launch as Open Beta and keep it that way till they shut down.

"REAL" Open Beta's are part of the end of Closed Beta. They shut down the servers afterwards. Wipe everything and prepare for "REAL" launch.

Neverwinter has LAUNCHED! No matter how Cryptic is trying to word it. Characters are now permanent and Cash Shop is live!

It's an effective way of screwing people over and getting away with everything... all under the excuse of Open Beta.

I am going to count the days and see how long it takes for even the most diehard fans to wake up and see reality.

• AkulasAkulas Member RarePosts: 3,006
    If it's a company like PW it won't ever "release" but stay in a permanant state of OB. First week problems are to be expected after that is cause for concern.

This isn't a signature, you just think it is.

• Alber_gamerAlber_gamer Member UncommonPosts: 588
    Originally posted by JeroKane
    Originally posted by Alber_gamer

So if it has launched, can someone point me at when was the Open Beta and Stress Testing phase of the game? Because I sure as hell have missed it.

The 'taking money' part is even more ridiculous. I said it in another thread, and I'll say it here - there are mmo Kickstarter campaigns (some of them pretty popular, by the way) taking cash from fans even before the game has any graphics or systems to show off. So tell me, geniuses, have those games launched too?

Really, stop ridiculing yourself just because you have a problem with Cryptic. The game has not launched, period. What you want to think or you want to believe is irrelevant as much as it is saying that oranges are yellow because they look yellow to you.

Again. Cryptic has you by the balls friend. Can't believe how effective Cryptic is with this and how many people buy this trick.

If you are waiting for this game to be launched.... you gonna be in for a very long wait!

Tell me friend? What open beta have you been in that didn't wipe characters afterwards and already accepted money in a cash shop?

That's right! NONE! Only the run off the mill F2P games that launch as Open Beta and keep it that way till they shut down.

"REAL" Open Beta's are part of the end of Closed Beta. They shut down the servers afterwards. Wipe everything and prepare for "REAL" launch.

Neverwinter has LAUNCHED! No matter how Cryptic is trying to word it. Characters are now permanent and Cash Shop is live!

It's an effective way of screwing people over and getting away with everything... all under the excuse of Open Beta.

I am going to count the days and see how long it takes for even the most diehard fans to wake up and see reality.

I think you really have an issue, because even as passive reader that only checks this site once every couple of days, I have noticed these boards filled with your hate posts towards Cryptic/PWE. I mean, it's easily 10-15 hate posts per day towards Cryptic/PWE. That sure can't be healthy to your life style, although that's not something I should concern myself with.

Take a chill pill, dude. As I said, that you believe that oranges are yellow, doesn't make them yellow. The game is today in its second day of open Beta, as the launcher clearly states with the big "Open Beta" announcemement. Against that, whatever you believe is insignificant.

PS: Funny that you think that PWE/Cryptic has me by the balls. Because I've waited to the 30th to play, and I haven't spent a single dime on NWO, nor plan to. In the other hand I'll be playing a free AAA title based on my favourite IP, so I'm quite content knowing who is taking advantage of who in this relationship.

My opinion is my own. I respect all other opinions and views equally, but keep in mind that my opinion will always be the best for me. That's why it's my opinion.

Originally posted by JeroKane

If you waiting for launch..... then you will be waiting till the game shuts down.

F2P games ALWAYS launch as Open Beta and stay that way.

The Cash Shop is open and there will be no more char whipes. Which means... game is launched!

But hey! If you believe Cryptic saying that ponies can fly.... I guess you'll believe everything.

I paid $60 and i am currently in the queue of 7k+ ... I wish, I would not have wasted the $.

What a waste.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

• VrikaVrika Member LegendaryPosts: 7,888

The game has launched, at least for those who purchased early access to the game. The early access sold as part of Cryptic's founder's packages was not access to test version, it was access to live version of the game, so everything coming after that must also be live version of the game. Cryptic calling it otherwise it a good PR tactic, but it doesn't change their contract with those who purchased early access.

• AerowynAerowyn Member Posts: 7,928
    Originally posted by Vannor
    Originally posted by Aerowyn
    almost all F2P games do this.. gpotato games, aeria games, Nexxon, all the big F2P companies do extended soft launches/open betas and many times they go on for 6 months+ and generally no character wipes ones that hit that stage also.. my guess is since NWO is one of the first more "mainstream" f2p releases many people don't understand this sorf of "soft launch"/open beta is standard practice for these types of games

Just because it's the standard doesn't mean we should forgive them for taking people's money when they know full well the game isn't finished. There are plus sides to it.. if they didn't do it we wouldn't get to play it as early. That can backfire though on the games popularity if the 'soft launch' problems are really bad.

It's the exact opposite of the "when it's ready" approach some devs take. Everyone is now getting a lackluster experience and a bad first impression of what the game is 'supposed' to be and they have a right to complain because many have put money into something they can't play properly.

It might be standard practice but it's still ethically wrong.

not sure what game you are playing but this one is pretty damn polished for a f2p game.. i have been playing f2p since runes first came out and this one is far and away one of the most "finished" state f2p games I have seen at this stage.. also like said above if you feel this free game doesn't warrant any money spent on it don't spend anything and just play the game.

Earlier I was in a queue for just about an hour and I'm pretty sure I've never had to queue that long to get in a game.. even AO and AoC at launch.. having to wait an hour to play = can't play properly. Just because something is optionally free doesn't mean it shouldn't be criticised.. they 'want' to make money.. so they should listen to those saying it's not good enough to spend money on. It's better for everyone.. more money for them, possibly higher budget for future content for you and a higher population.

Turning people away with the ftp arguement isn't going to help the game at all in the long run.

you must of missed a lot of big game launches then.. swtor even with over 100 servers many had queues well over an hour on the most popular servers.. Rift launch i constantly waited in 30 min queues.. in recent years the most popular launches have had queues unless they had something like gw2 overflows to prevent the queues but then you had 2 hour + WvW queues..  Swtor was a p2p game with a box price and a TON of servers and a HUGE budget what was their excuse for queues then?

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297
    almost all F2P games do this.. gpotato games, aeria games, Nexxon, all the big F2P companies do extended soft launches/open betas and many times they go on for 6 months+ and generally no character wipes ones that hit that stage also.. my guess is since NWO is one of the first more "mainstream" f2p releases many people don't understand this sorf of "soft launch"/open beta is standard practice for these types of games

Just because it's the standard doesn't mean we should forgive them for taking people's money when they know full well the game isn't finished. There are plus sides to it.. if they didn't do it we wouldn't get to play it as early. That can backfire though on the games popularity if the 'soft launch' problems are really bad.

It's the exact opposite of the "when it's ready" approach some devs take. Everyone is now getting a lackluster experience and a bad first impression of what the game is 'supposed' to be and they have a right to complain because many have put money into something they can't play properly.

not sure what game you are playing but this one is pretty damn polished for a f2p game.. i have been playing f2p since runes first came out and this one is far and away one of the most "finished" state f2p games I have seen at this stage.. also like said above if you feel this free game doesn't warrant any money spent on it don't spend anything and just play the game.

Earlier I was in a queue for just about an hour and I'm pretty sure I've never had to queue that long to get in a game.. even AO and AoC at launch.. having to wait an hour to play = can't play properly. Just because something is optionally free doesn't mean it shouldn't be criticised.. they 'want' to make money.. so they should listen to those saying it's not good enough to spend money on. It's better for everyone.. more money for them, possibly higher budget for future content for you and a higher population.

Turning people away with the ftp arguement isn't going to help the game at all in the long run.

you must of missed a lot of big game launches then.. swtor even with over 100 servers many had queues well over an hour on the most popular servers.. Rift launch i constantly waited in 30 min queues.. in recent years the most popular launches have had queues unless they had something like gw2 overflows to prevent the queues but then you had 2 hour + WvW queues..  Swtor was a p2p game with a box price and a TON of servers and a HUGE budget what was their excuse for queues then?

I didn't miss any big launches.

But what's your point? Seriously? That crap launches are acceptable? We should bend over and take it just because it's normal?

I will complain about any bad launch, not just NW's. The more people that bend over and take it, the more it'll keep happening indefinately.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.

But what's your point? Seriously? That crap launches are acceptable? We should bend over and take it just because it's normal?

I will complain about any bad launch, not just NW's. The more people that bend over and take it, the more it'll keep happening indefinately.

you seriously don't get it.. the server tech and price just aren't there for any game company to afford the amount of hardware it would cost to support all these players.. the more players and interest in a project the more issues you will have.. if the biggest budget MMO and 100+ servers(swtor) can't solve this you really expect a small budget MMO with the interest of many AAA big releases to not have them? No MMO with major interest goes to launch without issues even GW2 had many issues as well.. its going to happen and again its not they don't prepare or expect it, it's computers you cannot predict what will happen EVER.. anyone who worked with large server banks and handled many computer systems would know this... there really is nothing they can do to prevent the flood of people these games get at launch without some sort of insane budget on hardware and space which i'm sure these companies do not have especially smaller ones.

If you can't handle a few launch/soft launch hiccups its easy DON'T PLAY AT LAUNCH:)

I angered the clerk in a clothing shop today. She asked me what size I was and I said actual, because I am not to scale. I like vending machines 'cause snacks are better when they fall. If I buy a candy bar at a store, oftentimes, I will drop it... so that it achieves its maximum flavor potential. --Mitch Hedberg

• pmilespmiles Member Posts: 383

LOL...

"A 4 hour queue?  Unacceptable!"  ... keeps staring at the box...  "Maybe if I wait just a little longer it will pop?"  ... nothing happens... "This game sucks!  No game is worth waiting this long for!" ... keeps staring at the box... the wait time changes... "Yes, this is going to be the best game ever!" ... keeps staring at the box... "Come on!  It's been 4 hours already (actually only 15 minutes have transpired), what the *uck is wrong with this thing?" ... keeps staring at the box...

Several hours later...

"Yes, I'm in! (Does the happy dance).  WoW, this is the best game ever, I'm glad I downloaded it.  This beats WoW and every other MMO ever.  Finally a game worth playing!"

Two weeks later...

"This game sucks.  Just like every other MMO I've played.  Nothing to do at max level.  Who wrote this piece of *hit? I'm going back to WoW."

It's funny how people will tolerate anything just to get into a game, but once they get there... all bets are off.  Let's see what it's like after the first wave hits max level...

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

I have said time and again when these threads for games come up i would much rather have a queue for a couple weeks than empty servers forever after that.

The average MMO player these days is a game hopper.  I do it to and so am just as guilty but it would be stupid for a game developer to spend tons of money for a queue less launch only to have loads of worthless expensive hardware sitting around in a couple weeks.  The only way this would work would be if someone could use cloud computing services to augment the server load that they could spin down as the load drops but that would entail a good deal of development and setup time for very little return.

• TheDarkrayneTheDarkrayne Member EpicPosts: 5,297

you seriously don't get it.. the server tech and price just aren't there for any game company to afford the amount of hardware it would cost to support all these players.. the more players and interest in a project the more issues you will have.. if the biggest budget MMO and 100+ servers(swtor) can't solve this you really expect a small budget MMO with the interest of many AAA big releases to not have them? No MMO with major interest goes to launch without issues even GW2 had many issues as well.. its going to happen and again its not they don't prepare or expect it, it's computers you cannot predict what will happen EVER.. anyone who worked with large server banks and handled many computer systems would know this... there really is nothing they can do to prevent the flood of people these games get at launch without some sort of insane budget on hardware and space which i'm sure these companies do not have especially smaller ones.

If you can't handle a few launch/soft launch hiccups its easy DON'T PLAY AT LAUNCH:)

I do get it. I really do. But until they start learning how to do it better... there's ground to complain. You might be full of compassion and just sit their and be laid back about it but not everyone can do that.

I've said on other topics, it doesn't bother me that much because I am used to it.. it's rare that I've missed an MMO launch. I was fine sitting in that queue last night because I was watching GoT while I waited. That's the problem I have though, should I really be used to it? I just want the whole industry to full their finger out and concentrate on fixing one of the major downfalls of mass online gaming.

It's easy to read what I'm writing here like I'm ranting or being really negative or even hating on NW. I'm not though, I'm just being objective for the sake of discussion tbh.

I don't suffer from insanity, I enjoy every minute of it.
  • niceguy3978niceguy3978 Member UncommonPosts: 2,047
    Originally posted by cybertrucker
    Originally posted by McPickle

What they "call it" is irrelevant. It is what it is.  Marvel Heros isnt a MMO, but the website says it is. Its an arpg with a lobby that has an "area" that you can see more than 3 people. Do you guys want to argue that it is because "They say so on the website"?

Saying it's open beta is the lamest crap ever. I would be willing to bet a large amount of cash that this is way more of a "launch" for Cryptic/PWE than changing a staus on the website sometime in the future. Public entry plus cash shop= launch. But this shouldn't even matter. These companies are not new. This isn't their first launch. There is no excuse for this when they are taking money. Having "some" issues is to be expected. Telling people they can play the game when they clearly can't is another. That example posted up above for AO WAS FROM 2001! 2001! Mmos are having the same issues 12 years later. Not acceptable.

I was never expecting to come to this site and see a reason for anything to be "Cuz they said so"

Turn off the cash shop and ok you can call it a beta. What part of "testing" = profit exactly?  

The same as taking money for pre orders for open beta access. Which is something game developers have been doing for years.  Also I'm guessing your new to MMOs because y obviously have no idea what open betas are for..they are to stress test the server tech. Which is exactly what we have going on that everyone is whining and crying about.

As for being a fan boy trying to defend a beloved game.. LOL i have barely even looked at this game untill this past week. I have glanced at it here or there die to the fact I like 4th edition. What prompted me to start this thread is the sheer amount of ignorance that has been flooding these forums due to some false claim of this being a full launch.  Which it is not. It is an open beta stress test. But apparently we have a forum full of new comers to the MMO industry that just don't seem to understand that's what happens with these games.

As for being allowed to keep their characters after this beta test. I say great business decision to cryptic for allowing their beta testers and potential future customers that opportunity.

I think more people would be ok with this if they would have had a character wipe at the end of open beta and reset whatever cash shop money you purchased during open beta.  This way they could still collect the income from the cash shop during the period to test it out, they could stress the hell out of their servers, and it would seem like a true beta.  Only in the f2p world does beta = no character wipe and to me when they chareged for early access in the founders pack that meant for a released product.  I know my solution wouldn't keep some from complaining, there's a certain segment of the mmorpg.com community who will complain about just about anything.  That is their hobby rather than mmorpgs.  But, I also don't like the way the f2p games deal with open beta's either.  They just kind of roll them into a "official" release.  Meaning, one day they are in beta then another they have launched and there really isn't any difference in the game itself.

• udonudon Member UncommonPosts: 1,803

I do get it. I really do. But until they start learning how to do it better... there's ground to complain. You might be full of compassion and just sit their and be laid back about it but not everyone can do that.

I've said on other topics, it doesn't bother me that much because I am used to it.. it's rare that I've missed an MMO launch. I was fine sitting in that queue last night because I was watching GoT while I waited. That's the problem I have though, should I really be used to it? I just want the whole industry to full their finger out and concentrate on fixing one of the major downfalls of mass online gaming.

It's easy to read what I'm writing here like I'm ranting or being really negative or even hating on NW. I'm not though, I'm just being objective for the sake of discussion tbh.

I promise you if PWI/Cryptic thought these queues where going to presist more than a few weeks they would add more hardware post haste.  The last thing they want is people not able to get in game and spend money.  However it's not going to presist is it?  It's a short term problem that will resolve itself with little to no downside to the company.

As a player you either are one of those people that wil consume NW than move on in a few weeks for which the queues are annoying because they slow you down or your planning on spending lots of time in the game at which point in the grand scheme of things queues for a few weeks don't really matter that much.  There will be plenty of time to play this game in the future when the queues are gone.

you can also look at it like said above.. what sense does it make in a themepark for them to open 100 servers to support all these people when 60%+ will be gone within a month.. its a themepark they don't retain the numbers they used to their is just to many of them out their and to many are way to similar. Curious how much swtor spent on all that server tech and they are now down to just a handfull of servers. 

And again you should be used to it by now like I said above its little to do with lack of preperation or anything like that its computers plain and simple they are unpredictable. More servers you have more issues you are going to run into as well so just throwing a bunch of new servers isn't going to matter that much and in the big scheme of things its a big waist of money once the rush passes and the content locusts leave.

Think people misunderstand i enjoy this game but could really care less overall about it.. only reason I'm playing is for the foundry.. resto f the game is okay but nothing special, i just find it funny how many people blame companies on things like this when there really isn't much they can do to prevent it.

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270
    Originally posted by cybertrucker

Those people whining and crying  about 20k people in a queue and rubber banding. Have you already forgotten, today is not launch day. Today is open BETA TESTING  day. Also many times known as STRESS TESTING. Enjoy your time trying to help the developers stress test  their servers.  Beta testing is not about your enjoyment. The game has not officially launched. When it does. I bet you will see  ore servers added.

So everyone claiming this was a bad launch? Apparently you don't understand the game has not launched. Stop getting ahead of the release and go enjoy test mode.

For all intents and purposes, its launch, but this is why they called it Open Beta rather than launch. Because they can use the 'but its beta!' card when they screw up.

Although honestly, its not the worst launch I have seen. Vanguard, Age of Conan, World of Warcraft, Everquest 2.... all these games had much worse launches for me personally.

I was able to get in within about 30 minutes all throughout the day and had no lag.

• GraeyGraey Member UncommonPosts: 281

Loved reading your piece. I can already tell you this game is not viable long term. I remember Tera and all the people touting that game as well. As you can see that did not go over to well. I bought that game just like I bought NWN.  Something about NWN just seems...idk shallow. I like the foundary idea, but it seems like to many things are gated behind the idea of the cash shop. Rightly so as the company must make money some how.

In answer to this thread however, I would say its more of a soft launch. To many things are at  play to call this just a beta. From this point on they are charging people money from the cash shop that alone I would think makes it a launch rather than a beta. In this instance just like in the instance of Path of Exile it just give the devs more time to tweak things as well as give people time to test the game...but they still have to make money. So it would probabaly be something like get the game up to this point, start charging for things and from that revenue go forward. Its funny however that the game can be a certain way and yet...have a fully functional cash shop.

Game wise I don't see it lasting long term. yes there will be people playing but for all intents and purposes it will be like Terra and Aion. I know I'll get disagrees from this and rightly so. Some people are passionate about games, sports, etc in which they can not stand back and see what is reality. However, that is neither here nor there and as such I can see why officially people want to say its stil beta..but unofficially we all know that its a soft launch. POE did the same thing. They would wipe characters after a certain time, however you could pay in their cash shop and still have character wipes until they reached open beta...which of course was a soft launch.

So in summary I'm in the middle on this. You can't in good conscience call it just a beta and can't really call it a launch because of the official beta tag...so I'm going with "Soft Launch"

Originally posted by Vrika

The game has launched, at least for those who purchased early access to the game. The early access sold as part of Cryptic's founder's packages was not access to test version, it was access to live version of the game, so everything coming after that must also be live version of the game. Cryptic calling it otherwise it a good PR tactic, but it doesn't change their contract with those who purchased early access.

I wonder what kind of contract are you talking about ?

I bought the founders pack and waited behind 7k for 3+ hours to log in the game today.

The queue will be there is what i gathered.

Is this possible or logical to be dced from the game and join the queue again ?

That way all team instances will be losing players and the chance of them joining back will depend on the player load to the server. 

That will be the worst system of logging in to a game.

Cheers
    Sourajit Nandi

• XiaokiXiaoki Member EpicPosts: 3,846

you can also look at it like said above.. what sense does it make in a themepark for them to open 100 servers to support all these people when 60%+ will be gone within a month.. its a themepark they don't retain the numbers they used to their is just to many of them out their and to many are way to similar. Curious how much swtor spent on all that server tech and they are now down to just a handfull of servers. 

MMOs with 2 hour queues dont retain numbers liked they used to either.

How many of that "60%" would have stayed with the game if they could log on and play whenever they want but will quit because of the long queues?

Why not adopt the Tera and GW2 server set up. Have enough servers to cover people and have free server transfers. So, even if your server does have a queue you can just instantly transfer to one that doesnt have a queue.

You do remember GW2, right Aerowyn?

Either way, launching with 3 servers was a massive mistake. Ive had a 10,000 queue, which is an entire server of people and when the queue is enough to fill a server thats a good sign the game didnt launch with enough servers.

• matthewearlmatthewearl Member UncommonPosts: 11

I don't believe in this statement. I was a technical consultant and systems administrator for James Cameron's Avatar.  There is no way you would be able to release anything as a passing prototype unless it went through serious testing.  Using an excuse that "it's computers you cannot predict what will happen" may work for you but not for us in the bigtime buddy..especially when your reputation and job is on the line...well, if it's other people's money..then maybe...right?  That seems to be the case here.  I do understand having a decent budget is helpful, but then again, the past 10 years history of mmo launches should tell something to developers about how much they SHOULD have already predicted the outcome.  In my field ppl get paid by experience and getting the job done. These people KNEW what they should have done, and not acted...and got paid.  The whole reason was as a previous replier said, it was in anticipation to find the load on the servers to decide wether or not to invest in more infrastructure.  They would rather undershoot than overshoot...and that is what we saw....they all do this this day and age..not like the days when you were really "excited" to get into a closed beta because it was seriously maybe 6-10 months before release...and we took notes on bugs and helped the devs...not just to play the game.  To be honest, if you were to ask Cryptic why they called it an open beta and still accepted money, and they would have to give you an honest answer, they would say because they felt it was in a state of being playable and profitable at the same time.