Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Defiance: Hellbug Season Opens

SBFordSBFord Former Associate EditorMember LegendaryPosts: 33,129

Defiance players will want to head into the game to begin hunting the nefarious Hellbugs infesting the game world. The event will run for the next three weeks with factions asking for help thinning the herds.

Make sure to check your Contracts as factions will be requiring your assistance in clearing out Hellbugs for in game rewards. We also have 2 new Pursuits – “Thinning the Herd” and “Unconventional Methods” – ready to be completed in the Bay area to reveal hidden items and more rewards.

Read more on the Defiance site.

¯\_(ツ)_/¯ 

Comments

• ScaryboosterScarybooster Member UncommonPosts: 24
    Yeeeehaw! I'm gonna put on my ripped sleeve flannel shirt, add a double pinch of chewing tabaccy in my lip, and mow down sum Hellbugs with my double pump shaker!
    Signed by me
  • DeathWolf2uDeathWolf2u Member Posts: 291
    Hopefully you guys that play Defiance will see more hellbugs in the game than there was in the tv show....blah.
  • SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Honestly, I think we kill enough bloody hellbugs in the normal game. But, still. Pew pew bugs time nao!.. Wish I had a giant lazor flyswatter.. that would own so much... lol

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• Methos12Methos12 Member UncommonPosts: 1,244
    Originally posted by DeathWolf2u
    Hopefully you guys that play Defiance will see more hellbugs in the game than there was in the tv show....blah.

Man, that was some bad CG.

Civilized men are more discourteous than savages because they know they can be impolite without having their skulls split, as a general thing.
  • Scott_JeslisScott_Jeslis Member RarePosts: 628

LOL Agreed.... there was the "hive" at the end though :-)

The show has been entertaining for my wife and I... too bad I'm not an FPS type of guy that I would spend money on the corresponding game.

• SiveriaSiveria Member UncommonPosts: 1,419
    Originally posted by Benbrada

LOL Agreed.... there was the "hive" at the end though :-)

The show has been entertaining for my wife and I... too bad I'm not an FPS type of guy that I would spend money on the corresponding game.

Game is not a fps, its a 3rd person shooter. Its not a bad game though, you'll get your moneys worth out of it most likely.

Being a pessimist is a win-win pattern of thinking. If you're a pessimist (I'll admit that I am!) you're either:

A. Proven right (if something bad happens)

or

B. Pleasantly surprised (if something good happens)

Either way, you can't lose! Try it out sometime!

• orbitxoorbitxo Member RarePosts: 1,956

the new hell bugs and added emergency mobs are pretty cool. I enjoy the game when they add new content-they do deliver nice content. and the new hellbugs mechanics are badass!

and episode 3 from the show was good- its finally picking up!

• crysentcrysent Member UncommonPosts: 841
    Originally posted by Methos12

Man, that was some bad CG.

I gotta agree.  The "hellbugs" and the "queen" looked like some corny, over-dramatic monster from a 90's AAA movie.  ScyFy really is screwing this thing up..

• DakirnDakirn Member UncommonPosts: 372
    Originally posted by Dieselpunk
    Furthermore, if you believe that your CC company doesn't stand by such policies, then you don't know much about your own CC or you need to get with one that does.

I remember when STO came out and people called their CC companies to say it was a "fraud" charge to get their money back.

I made a legit purchase, but because of all the people who cried "fraud" to get their money back, my transaction was overturned and my credit card was disabled automatically for fear of it being "stolen."  I had to get a new card and wait for it to arrive.

All because of people who do shady things to get their money back from MMOs.

So yeah,... I don't have a lot of compassion for anyone who returns an MMO after playing it no matter what the reason.

• DieselpunkDieselpunk Member Posts: 6
    Originally posted by Dakirn
    Originally posted by Dieselpunk
    Furthermore, if you believe that your CC company doesn't stand by such policies, then you don't know much about your own CC or you need to get with one that does.

I remember when STO came out and people called their CC companies to say it was a "fraud" charge to get their money back.

I made a legit purchase, but because of all the people who cried "fraud" to get their money back, my transaction was overturned and my credit card was disabled automatically for fear of it being "stolen."  I had to get a new card and wait for it to arrive.

All because of people who do shady things to get their money back from MMOs.

So yeah,... I don't have a lot of compassion for anyone who returns an MMO after playing it no matter what the reason.

I hate to disappoint, but I didn't declare "fraud". Folks shoulds really stop assuming things, especially  when I clearly laid out what had occured. Anyway, since mods seem to enjoy deleting posts, not just by myself, but by others also stating their disatisfaction with the the show and/or game, I'll be moving on to another site. They can keep their censorship and continue to line their pockets with the few scraps that Trion is tossing them.

• Pantero44Pantero44 Member CommonPosts: 14

Anywayz...,,I WONDER what those "hidden items and rewards" are?

As of now...it's pretty much the standard XP/EGO reward you get for the episode completion, as the others, or am I mistaken on this? Granted, I played today before they implemented the new update maintenance, but looking at the "notes", it wasn't stated on there.