Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

All the people claiming to be "Hardcore" Marvel fans and enjoying this game

RazeeksterRazeekster Member UncommonPosts: 2,591

I don't believe you're "hardcore" Marvel fans and here is my reason:

I could see how you could mayble handle the fact that it's a crappy D3 clone, has terrible graphics for a 2013 MMO, has uninspired zones and locations that look like previous ones, and I could even see how you could handle the fact that there's a bunch of the same characters running around the world making immersion all but impossible. I can maybe see all of this. But if you were truly a "hardcore" Marvel fan you would NOT, at all, be accepting of the crappy storyline that is in this game.

Marvel has some of the best comic writers and they could have created an awesome storyline but instead we get a really uninspired crapfest of a story that leaves me wondering as to if they even actually bothered to hire actual comic writers or just some random people they found off of the street.

So sorry, but all you "harcore" Marvel fans that claim to love this game, I can't honestly believe that you're even normal Marvel fans because you would not accept the story in this game at all. The Marvel Universe has had some amazing comics in the past with awesome stories and this game has decided just to ignore all that and create something mediocre that leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

Smile

Comments

• WhiteLanternWhiteLantern Member RarePosts: 3,311
    Isn't Bendis the lead writer on this? Ya, that's enough for me to reallize the story will be the weakest link.

I want a mmorpg where people have gone through misery, have gone through school stuff and actually have had sex even. -sagil

• leoo88556leoo88556 Member Posts: 135

Brian Michael Bendis wrote the story, and personally I've never expected anything good from him...

For the other issues you've mentioned, you need to compare this game to others that are in the same genre. It's like complaining about Battlefield and CoD doesn't have an open world and Skyrim is not at all competitive... Check out some of the recent ARPG and you'll find that for a F2P game from a medium size company, Marvel Heroes is actually not that bad. And, please, stop comparing the graphics of MH to Diablo 3, Blizzard can probably create 10 MHs with the money and time they put into D3, what a shame!

• nariusseldonnariusseldon Member EpicPosts: 27,775
    Originally posted by leoo88556

Brian Michael Bendis wrote the story, and personally I've never expected anything good from him...

For the other issues you've mentioned, you need to compare this game to others that are in the same genre. It's like complaining about Battlefield and CoD doesn't have an open world and Skyrim is not at all competitive... Check out some of the recent ARPG and you'll find that for a F2P game from a medium size company, Marvel Heroes is actually not that bad. And, please, stop comparing the graphics of MH to Diablo 3, Blizzard can probably create 10 MHs with the money and time they put into D3, what a shame!

The most appropriate comparison is Marvel Ultimate Alliance. I found MH ok, but not as polished as MUA (in terms of animation and graphics). I will still play it, of course .. since it is F2P, and potentially can have more heroes.

• ArskaaaArskaaa Member RarePosts: 1,265
    Originally posted by Razeekster

I don't believe you're "hardcore" Marvel fans and here is my reason:

I could see how you could mayble handle the fact that it's a crappy D3 clone, has terrible graphics for a 2013 MMO, has uninspired zones and locations that look like previous ones, and I could even see how you could handle the fact that there's a bunch of the same characters running around the world making immersion all but impossible. I can maybe see all of this. But if you were truly a "hardcore" Marvel fan you would NOT, at all, be accepting of the crappy storyline that is in this game.

Marvel has some of the best comic writers and they could have created an awesome storyline but instead we get a really uninspired crapfest of a story that leaves me wondering as to if they even actually bothered to hire actual comic writers or just some random people they found off of the street.

So sorry, but all you "harcore" Marvel fans that claim to love this game, I can't honestly believe that you're even normal Marvel fans because you would not accept the story in this game at all. The Marvel Universe has had some amazing comics in the past with awesome stories and this game has decided just to ignore all that and create something mediocre that leaves a bad taste in the mouth.

D2 and D3 have too same classes running around, whats ur point? MH has a LOT more difrend classes/chars then Diablo 3 or D2 and they unique too. Diablo just have basic melee, ranged,mage classes (very orginal).

• IcewhiteIcewhite Member Posts: 6,403
    Originally posted by Razeekster

So sorry, but all you "harcore" Marvel fans

Er, where?

Self-pity imprisons us in the walls of our own self-absorption. The whole world shrinks down to the size of our problem, and the more we dwell on it, the smaller we are and the larger the problem seems to grow.

• wordizwordiz Member Posts: 464

I grew up reading comics. Big fan of various heroes from all the major publishers. I have many friends that share this interest, that I would consider "hardcore" Marvel fans, many of who enjoyed the X-Men movies and a lot of the other Marvel based films. I on the other hand, can't stand most of them. Being a hardcore fan doesn't always make you right, in some cases, at least in my opinion, being a hardcore fan can act as blinders for sub par media and bad writing.

I'm not bad mouthing the game. I actually enjoyed my time in beta and am looking forward to the actual release, though I'm not expecting a whole lot.