Howdy, Stranger!

It looks like you're new here. If you want to get involved, click one of these buttons!

Stay away from this crap game

Comments

• SnigerknudSnigerknud Member UncommonPosts: 60

I think the game is great..I played 2 times CB and did not like it but now were I have given it a bit more time I like it..

Who can even complain about a free game..it must be the "new"! kids..

• davc123davc123 Member UncommonPosts: 458
    Originally posted by erinys

- it's not neverwinter nights

- it's not dungeons and dragons

- made by cryptic

- published by PWO

- pay 2 win

Would advise everyone to steer clear, its a bad shallow game as are all the cryptic games.

+1 this game will be  good for max 1week

• DistopiaDistopia Member EpicPosts: 21,183
    Originally posted by Draemos
    It's a good game...

I agree, excellent choice for those duo's out there looking for something fast paced and fun.

For every minute you are angry , you lose 60 seconds of happiness."-Emerson

• FailtrainFailtrain Member Posts: 129

The game is very average. I'll still play it for a bit because it's something to do for a short while, but the game is still "meh". Skills are disappointing too but I'm glad it feels slightly like the Neverwinter games (I do mean slightly).

• ConjureOneConjureOne Member UncommonPosts: 233
    Originally posted by Eir_S
    Originally posted by ConjureOne

I've been around since UO and I actually find this game very refreshing in the way they made the UI and combat flow... Love the animations and combat... 

Havent played much, but looking forward to lots of hours spent in this game...

I've been playing MMO's almost as long, and I feel the same way.  The only games that REALLY made me feel like I wasn't playing a stiff, poorly made grindfest were WoW, GW2, and Neverwinter.  So far.  The text in red is very important to me, and so far these have been the only games to provide it.

Can't agree more, Sir. Quite the opposite is the DFUW sluggish animations and combat, which I regretably spent 15 euros on.. :(

• AcidonAcidon Member UncommonPosts: 796
    Originally posted by Distopia
    Originally posted by Draemos
    It's a good game...

I agree, excellent choice for those duo's out there looking for something fast paced and fun.

This is the general feeling I get out of it.  If I had a partner or small group to play this with I think it could be entertaining.  Being locked out of so many loot options in the dungeons due to class or lack of kits rubs me the wrong way.  That's a personal issue, everyone will be different of course.

This is just an impression from very little gameplay.  Played once during one of the closed betas (that was open to everyone) and Played for a while tonight.  So obviously my experience with it is very limited.

• MukeMuke Member RarePosts: 2,614

- made by cryptic

- published by PWO

- pay 2 win

Would advise everyone to steer clear, its a bad shallow game as are all the cryptic games.

What makes you think you can think for me?

"going into arguments with idiots is a lost cause, it requires you to stoop down to their level and you can't win"

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    It's a really really fun game. I'm hooked.

• Dreamo84Dreamo84 Member UncommonPosts: 3,713
    Refreshing to see action combat in MMOs now that latency isn't the issue it used to be.

• ZedTheRockZedTheRock Member UncommonPosts: 176

- made by cryptic

- published by PWO

- pay 2 win

-It's better because its an MMO and it has an awesome combat system and a deep and meaningful content.

-Yes it is, it borrows heavily from 4ed ruleset but also incorporates aspects of other  editions.  Also it was licensed by WoTC, the owners of the I.P.

-It's a good game, Cryptic is a decent company.

-So

-No, it's called Pay for utility.

SUP

• evilastroevilastro Member Posts: 4,270

- made by cryptic

- published by PWO

- pay 2 win

1) Never claimed to be and was never advertised as such. Any small amount of research would have told you that it wasnt made by the same company. It is set in the same town, Neverwinter. Which is from Dungeons and Dragons tabletop... which brings us to point two.

2) It is. It has the lore, classes, skills and pretty much everything from Dungeons and Dragons 4th edition.

3) And your point?

4) Again?

5) Not by a long shot. MMO staples such as EQ2, Aion, AoC, DDO and LOTRO are far more P2W than Neverwinter. The only game with a better cash shop was GW2, and that was B2P, not F2P.

Would advise people to try for themselves and look objectively at the cash shop to make their own informed decision rather than listen to a zealot who has probably not even played the game.   

• Paulolino34Paulolino34 Member UncommonPosts: 49
    It's not the best game ever, still a lot to be done, but like many people said, i'm having fun while playing the game, and finaly i got to play a game with all my gaming friends. Could be worse
  • VesaviusVesavius Member RarePosts: 7,908
    Originally posted by Roin
    Originally posted by Punk999

- Was never supposed to be.

- it's 4e DnD

I've never once heard them refer to game as a sequel to Neverwinter Nights.  In case the OP didn't notice the game is called Neverwinter online, not Neverwinter Nights Online.

No, they never said 'sequel', but the term 'spiritual successor' was thrown around a lot and no effort at all was made to distance the title away from Black Isle's game.

In fact, they obviously used the Neverwinter brand simply for old fans to make that very connection. They could have chosen any FR city to use... Why not Waterdeep for instance?

Their intention is clear... To anyone who is being honest anyhow. The aim was to cynically trade on the good reputation of a classic and much loved game in an effort to promote the profile and sales of a tepid and uninspired grey little MMORPG.

• UndeadlyUndeadly Member Posts: 52
    Originally posted by Fendel84M
    It's a really really fun game. I'm hooked.

Agree ^ .  Ever since the beta Weekend I was in finished ,I  have been missing this game.  It is just fun in my opinion. 

The graphics aren't great and we had some launch troubles but I am having a great time smashing faces as a great weapon fighter.  It is just fun and free!

You cant  please all the people all the time. 

• geremadygeremady Member UncommonPosts: 73

Anybody else get a TOR-vibe from the mobplacement?                                                                                                                       In dungeons every 25 meters a group of 4 static mobs.                                                                                                                         Not very far yet - only did a couple of solo dungeons - but so far it s not very exciting.                                                                       Hope it gets better soon.

• shassshass Member UncommonPosts: 107
    Tried it last night on the soft launch (good way to avoid the critics) I was lucky in that I logged straight in after only a couple of attempts. Thoroughly  enjoyed it; a bit of rubber banding in the initial area but soon cleared. Love the town, it looks really good zoomed in with inspect mode ( B)  and scroll wheel. I like the combat, and it seems fairly consistent with 4th edition D&D according to my son, who is an avid player. Questing seems reasonably interesting, no moulds broken but entertaining. For those silly players who fry burgers for a living and advise proffessional Devs on how to make a game, then I feel sure they will be dissapointed.  There is also a cash shop, can you believe the cheek of them? Actually trying to make a living out of the entertainment industry. For those whose principles wont let them use it, then they still have an entertaining game that is free to play. For me, out comes the card for a splurge..... pay to win? I have played MMOs since EQ (1) and never managed to win, I prefer the journey and the adventure. Congratulation Cryptic on the release of Neverwinter.
  • azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105

Do not understand how I get a 14 day ban for calling another game a POS but you're allowed to call this game crap and not get banned.  I do not understand the rules on this site, almsot as bad as the NCAA's, and jsut as hypocritical.

On the topic of this game, its fun, enjoyable and I am having a blast.  To me that is all that matters.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• azzamasinazzamasin Member UncommonPosts: 3,105
    Originally posted by Vesavius
    Originally posted by Roin
    Originally posted by Punk999

- Was never supposed to be.

- it's 4e DnD

I've never once heard them refer to game as a sequel to Neverwinter Nights.  In case the OP didn't notice the game is called Neverwinter online, not Neverwinter Nights Online.

No, they never said 'sequel', but the term 'spiritual successor' was thrown around a lot and no effort at all was made to distance the title away from Black Isle's game.

In fact, they obviously used the Neverwinter brand simply for old fans to make that very connection. They could have chosen any FR city to use... Why not Waterdeep for instance?

Their intention is clear... To anyone who is being honest anyhow. The aim was to cynically trade on the good reputation of a classic and much loved game in an effort to promote the profile and sales of a tepid and uninspired grey little MMORPG.

The issue is some of us never liked the other game but find this one entertianing.  Ohh the horror, someone has a dissenting viewpoint.

Sandbox means open world, non-linear gaming PERIOD!

Subscription Gaming, especially MMO gaming is a Cash grab bigger then the most P2W cash shop!

Bring Back Exploration and lengthy progression times. RPG's have always been about the Journey not the destination!!!

• RzepRzep Member UncommonPosts: 767
    I am having a ton of fun. The game runs great, the combat is good, the music is nice, the Foundry is awesome, even the PvP is fun, skirmishes are pretty good too.
  • GrinnzGrinnz Member UncommonPosts: 312
    Originally posted by Rzep
    I am having a ton of fun. The game runs great, the combat is good, the music is nice, the Foundry is awesome, even the PvP is fun, skirmishes are pretty good too.

and at the end of the day isn't all that counts.....is the game is fun!?

• ElikalElikal Member UncommonPosts: 7,912
    Sorry, but THAT is no explanation why it is a crap game. Either you write real reasons or stop the drama.

People don't ask questions to get answers - they ask questions to show how smart they are. - Dogbert

• JoekraJoekra Member Posts: 182

Yes stay away so I don't have to wait in queue as position 8734.

Edit, jumped to 175k now LOL.

• StonesDKStonesDK Member UncommonPosts: 1,805
    Originally posted by azzamasin

Do not understand how I get a 14 day ban for calling another game a POS but you're allowed to call this game crap and not get banned.  I do not understand the rules on this site, almsot as bad as the NCAA's, and jsut as hypocritical.

On the topic of this game, its fun, enjoyable and I am having a blast.  To me that is all that matters.

It's simple really

Posts get moderated based on being reported unless a certain sub forum is in flames and needs some extra supervision

When a post gets flagged then you have another barrier, which is the current moderator handling the report. Is he/she biased on the matter? Is the poster a major contributer (blogger on mmorpg.com) or generally liked by said moderator for his or her posts in general (spotlight poster etc) or disliked for their critical views.

Then you have the very few completely unbiased moderators who just handles reports like they are supposed to. Those are the ones who mask the above behavior and the balance needed for the regulars to say "well I've only seen them being fair"

Well maybe not so simple afterall

• ParrogParrog Member Posts: 11

My queue position is jumping around too :(

But earlier I was doing the player created content which is excellent.  People creating their own stories around whats going on.  I like how you can go to an area and see whats been created which is local, so you can do extra events based in the zone you're in.  So far all the foundary content I have played has been witty and pretty fun, and clearly well thought out.

I am also enjoying the combat, as its quite fast-pased, also dodging abilities feels more involved than just clicking x-ability over and over.  Playing the devoted cleric, and I highly recommend giving it a go :)

So I guess to the OP, it may not be what you want in a game, but that doesn't mean others wont enjoy it.  You are ofc entitled to your own opinion, but demanding people stay away from a free2play game, where they loose nothing for trying it, seems ott

• GrintchGrintch Member UncommonPosts: 132

- made by cryptic

- published by PWO

- pay 2 win

I'd advise everyone to try it and make up your own mind instead of listening to some forum troll.

This discussion has been closed.